It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Segment on Prime Time Australian TV?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I found this video on Youtube the other day from the Australian current affairs program Today Tonight. This segment aired on the show around August last year. I don't know if anyone's seen this before or has mentioned it on here before, but I thought I might because it's really interesting.

www.youtube.com

In the segment Sonia Kruger meets the UFO & Paranormal Research Society of Australia (UFO-PRSA) and goes on a hike with them to the Blue Mountains to see if they can spot any UFOs.

But what I found really interesting - other than what seemed to me like a great segment on UFOs in a way that didn't seem to belittle or ridicule - were the members of UFO-PRSA and their experiences.

Especially the part - about half way through, 4 minutes in - with the guy who has a supposed endocast of an aliens head which he says he found near a farming property in Queensland. I'm not sure what I think of it, but it's really interesting to look at.

I'm just wondering, what are people's thoughts on this?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I'm sorry.. I saw Anna Coren and had to close the tab!

I wouldn't expect any serious reporting on any subject on Today Tonight. Definitely take it with several grains of salt - kosher, chunky, sea salt.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by mattguy404

Hey mattguy404, yeah I know how you feel about Today Tonight. I don't agree with their use of sensationalist journalism. But what I found interesting were the views of the UFO & Paranormal Research Society of Australia, which is why I thought others might find this interesting

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Yeah it'd be good if those guys had their own YouTube channel or something along those lines.

I'd go straight to the source and leave the sensationalist bravado to Today Tonight (of which there are many good Chaser skits for!)

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   
G'day guys, glad to see some Aussie Members

Anyway yea, interesting video, i actually never knew that there was a UFO & Paranormal Research Society of Australia. Never heard of them before...

Thanks for the video Sparkly_Eyed777, good find

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by mattguy404

Yeah, I agree it'd be good if they had their own Youtube channel.

Ah yes, the Chasers, you gotta love em!

reply to post by JDN24

Hey thanks JDN24! Yeah it's always good to see Aussies around here

I actually never knew about the UFO-PRSA either until I saw this video

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Sparkly_Eyed777

Thanks for sharing: ive never heard about that before

i post what ive been able to find about the alien head endocast:

The Maryborough Mudface – ET remains from a UFO Crash?

This article is taken from the Gilroys’ soon-to-be published book “Australian UFO’s – Through the Window of Time”.
Copyright © Rex Gilroy 2004 URU Publications.

The mysterious ET mudface from Maryborough, Queensland.
Now in Rex Gilroy’s possession.
Photo copyright © Rex Gilroy 2004

Details are still a bit sketchy, but for some reason people in the Maryborough district, north of Gympie, are tight-lipped about this incident and will deny any knowledge of it. Back in June 1980 something remarkable happened which in some ways could remind people of the famous American “Roswell Incident”, and the powers that be have done a very good job covering the whole thing up!

On this particular night a property owner and his wife were asleep in their bed around 1am, when a large, silvery –glowing object – as witnessed by more than one motorist on the lonely dirt road near the isolated property in question – suddenly appeared as if out of nowhere high in the night sky, and without any sound, sped directly towards the earth to crash in a bright, silent explosion in this man’s scrub-covered back paddock. The flash of the silent explosion was bright enough to momentarily light up the surrounding area for quite some distance.

Eyewitnesses contacted the media and there were some initial radio reports of a “UFO crash”, but these were apparently quickly silenced and a ‘blackout’ quickly descended on the whole affair.

The owners of the property had in fact barely had time that morning to get out of bed before there was knock on the door. Two plain-clothes ‘officers’ assured them that they had nothing to fear, and that the mystery object that had exploded on their property [they had slept through it all so their surprise was understandable] was nothing more than a large ‘meteorite’ and that the dozen or so overalled ‘workmen’ swarming over their property were there to look for its remains.

[...]

The article is too long, i can't quote it entirely:

Anyway, the full article can be found here:
www.mysteriousaustralia.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

Hey internos, thanks so much for posting that! Wow
, what an amazing story!

It's funny, I've heard about Rex Gilroy before and have been on his site a lot of times. But I didn't realise that it was him in the video! And I was thinking he looked familiar and I was wondering why. This makes the story more intriguing because he has a lot of interesting ideas and experiences on his website.

Thank you so much for adding that and that link as well
Star for you

[edit on 2/7/2008 by Sparkly_Eyed777]

new topics

top topics

join