It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toy story: Soviet-era landmark for kids closes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Toy story: Soviet-era landmark for kids closes

news.yahoo.com

The toy store, faced in yellowish tile on a sloping square near the Kremlin, was a place of dreams and desire for Soviet children and a crucial resource for parents struggling to find them holiday gifts, school supplies and clothing — from ballet slippers to bulky lambswool coats.

"For us, it was a whole world," said Lada Mosharova, 49, who visited Detsky Mir on Monday with her son and her niece, carrying a video camera for an emotional farewell to a store that was one of her favorite places.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
"Big bad RED Russia." That's what I, and I'm sure a lot of you others in the U.S., have always heard.

It's been a long time now since traveling there was possible. Those who have done so tell what they've seen to those who know them, but that's not what everyone else hears.

I know someone that has been there for the past two years. That person is someone who I KNOW I can trust with my life. What she says, I believe with no doubt whatsoever.

Those people in other countries (Russia, Iraq, Iran, or wherever,) are no different than we are. They want to live the life they believe is right.

The different governments in each country seem to be where problems arise.

That's just my own oppinion at the moment and need to think about it myself a lot more, but try to do so yourself. What bad can come of that?

Thanks for your time.

Sorry if this has already been posted.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

join