It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Madeleine McCann Case

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I'd like to know what you all think of the Madeleine McCann case, the little British girl who went missing in Portugal a while back. It seemed the Portuguese police were going to close the case today but then Portuguese attorney general has denied any decision had been taken. Something really bugs me about this thing. The way it was handled was weird, the media attention was insane, the parents have never reacted the way you'd think parents would, others were arrested and then the charges dropped, the parents went on a meet and greet with Presidents, Popes and Prime Ministers and yet no trace of the girl was ever found. What is going on here? Something stinks.

Th8nker

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Its extremely hard to get a proper investigation in your home country, let alone in another country. I have seen this in at least 4 cases I personaly know about. Regular people traveling in a foriegn country run into trouble and absolutly no one helps them including our own state department. Unless you are connected you get the run around. Its sad whenits a beautiful child lik this young lady ,but the fatc is ,it wil be a miracle if anyone is ever caught. They want it to die on the vine so it doesn't ruin they're image for touristas'!
Zindo

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Th8nker

Is it possible that the suspicions of the Portuguese Police are corect?, could Madeleine have been accidently killed by an overdose of sedatives?
could she have been smuggled out of the apartment in a suitcase, and flown out of the country in a light aircraft?[ there are virtually no controls in this region] could she have been secretly buried at the home of a close friend or relative? possibly somewhere like Amsterdam?
Who knows?, if something like this had happened, then both parents could expect to be struck off the British Medical Register along with a custodial sentence.
You asked for our thoughts, these were mine a year ago, I hope I'm wrong, but the chances of finding this dear little girl alive and well are very slim I'm afraid.
Regards,
Horsegiver.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by horsegiver

I think that the truth will never be found.

A notorious portuguese forensic psicology teacher conducted an thorough investigation about this case. He made a timeline from what the mccan's, their friends and other persons have said, and from that he concluded that the circle of mccan's and their friends testimony aren't right.
Also he doubts of the mccan's friend who, 6 months after the disapearing, said that she recalls someone with a little body on his lap. The teacher argument is that the memory doesn't get stronger as time elapses but the opposite.

It's very strange that, before allerting local authorities, the mccan's called british media...

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
it is hard to argue with highly trained sniffer dogs
eddie and keela

www.sundaymirror.co.uk...

what decent parents would refuse to do a reconstruction of their daughters disappearance, which the mcanns did last month, they said it would be of no benefit to their missing daughters case..

the portugese police have not given up on this case, the case has been handed to the courts and we will soon hear if the mcanns are gonna be arrested for the disappearance of their daughter, which i believe they played a part in madeleines disappearance.......

peace

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I'm with you all on this. This girl is likely never to be found but I think the thing that bothers me the most are the parents. If indeed they are guilty in this... wow, thats evil staring you in the face. It was news to me that they contacted the British media about this first. This thing is so upside down and inside out and I wish I could figure it out but it makes no sense to me.

Th8nker

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
here id a very good forum that watches the Madeleine case very closely.

3 ARGUIDOS

there are a lot of people from all over the world fighting for justice for little maddie.
the police know she is dead, they have DNA to confirm that, they just dont know how or by whom.
then there is the fraud of the fund that started a few days after maddie went missing, i think it went to £1.5millon...

the british press are a complete joke, giving out wrong or misleading info on the case.

the world will know hopefully within a few weeks what is going to happen to the worlds worst parents.

do a youtube and picture search and you will be shocked at how happy they were days after she went missing

peace

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I was looking at breaking news and the following report came up, came back and used search to see if it had been reported, just in case I'll post it here...

Report: Brussels Security Footage May Show Missing Child Madeleine McCann

www.foxnews.com...

LISBON, Portugal — European authorities are studying security footage from a street camera in Brussels to determine whether or not a girl pictured in it is Madeleine McCann, a young British girl who went missing in Portugal last year, The U.K.'s Sky News reported.

The child in the video is around McCann's age and appears to look like her, with blonde hair and blue eyes. She is accompanied by a dark-haired woman wearing a hijab head scarf, Sky News reported.

The images, which were released by The Sun newspaper, were handed over to police as well as McCann's parents Gerry and Kate McCann, Sky News said.

[edit on 11-8-2008 by The_Alarmist2012]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I highly suspect the parents, but from the evidence it just doesn’t seem possible that they would have had time to get rid of the body, and hide all trace evidence.

When I think of Maddy I think of another girl that went missing whose father was heavily suspected and by many blamed. She was later found alive, if not yet completely mentally well, and her father was in no way related to her abduction. With cases like this you can not jump to conclusion and one can never lose hope for that child, because there is a 50% chance she is out there, but she will never be found if people give up on her. I feel the same way towards any missing child.

Always keep them in mind, updated graphic pictures to determine what they may look like now, and never feel bad about reporting a child you think is missing and discover it is not the correct child. Any effort to have them found may lead to one less missing child.

[edit on 11-8-2008 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
i read/saw somewhere that it was possible that she was kidnapped and put into a child sex ring. Not sure where I saw it....

Ahh here is something on it:

www.pressdisplay.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
have a look at this website

mccannfiles

it tells all the unbaised reports of the whole case from day one till, right up to the present day.
there has been a lot of talk recently about David Payne, one of the tapas and it is not good reading.

david payne

there is a government cover-up on this case that leads all the way through the british government.
gordon brown had even phoned the PJ 3 hours asking if the first dectective on the case had been fired, WHY did brown want this man off the case so badly, was he getting to close to a few bigwigs

what we all read in the UK press is BS.

why would any parent insist their child was abducted by a pedo ring

then refuse to help the police in any way or form.
the only answer kate gave in her police interview was, do you realise by not answering these questions you are hindering the investagion, she replied, if you think so......................

peace

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
have a look at this website

mccannfiles

it tells all the unbaised reports of the whole case from day one till, right up to the present day.
there has been a lot of talk recently about David Payne, one of the tapas and it is not good reading.

david payne

there is a government cover-up on this case that leads all the way through the british government.
gordon brown had even phoned the PJ 3 hours asking if the first dectective on the case had been fired, WHY did brown want this man off the case so badly, was he getting to close to a few bigwigs

what we all read in the UK press is BS.

why would any parent insist their child was abducted by a pedo ring

then refuse to help the police in any way or form.
the only answer kate gave in her police interview was, do you realise by not answering these questions you are hindering the investagion, she replied, if you think so......................

peace

I think it needs to be kept in mind that the media and police in the past have focused so much on the family, and have ended up being wrong, and that logic hardly ever helps the missing child. Sometimes parents might not cooperate well because they fear the blame is being put on them and focus is being taken from the child.

I don't know if this is the case with her parents. They seem cold and suspicious to me. Their private investigator has even discussed that he believes to be tracking the people who have Maddy. It smells of BS, but stranger things have happened.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Now the McCanns have been released from Arguido status they are free to talk about specifics regarding the case, why dont they ?

Why did Kate refuse to answer 48 questions from the Police ?

1 On the 3rd of May 2007, at around 10 p.m., when you entered the apartment, what did you see, what did you do, where did you search, what did you handle?
2 Did you search in the couples bedroom ?? closet? (said she would not reply)
3 (Two photographs of her bedroom closet are exhibited) Can you describe its contents?
4 Why are the curtains in front of the side window, behind the sofa (photograph is exhibited) ruffled? Did someone pass behind that sofa?
5 How long did the search that you made in the apartment after detecting the disappearance of your daughter Madeleine take?
6 Why did you say straight away that Madeleine had been abducted?
7 Presuming that Madeleine had been abducted, why did you leave the twins alone at home while you went to the Tapas to raise the alarm? Even because the supposed abductor could still be inside the apartment.
8 Why didnt you ask the twins at that moment what had happened to their sister, or why didnt you ask them at a later point in time?
9 When you raised the alarm at the Tapas, what exactly did you say and what were the words?
10 What happened after you raised the alarm at the Tapas?
11 Why did you do to warn your friends instead of calling out from the balcony?
12 Who contacted the authorities?
13 Who participated in the searches?
14 Did anyone outside of the group learn about Maddies disappearance during the following minutes?
15 Did any neighbour offer you help after the disappearance?
16 What does the expression we let her down mean?
17 Did Jane mention to you that she had see a man with a child that night?
18 How were the authorities contacted and which police force was called?
19 During the searches, and already with the police present, in what locations was Maddie searched for, how and in what manner?
20 Why didnt the twins wake up during that search, or when they went to the upper floor?
21 Who did you call after the facts?
22 Did you call SKY News?
23 Did you know about the danger of calling the media, because that could influence the abductor?
24 Did you request the presence of a priest?
25 How was Madeleines face publicized, with a photograph, or other media?
26 Is it true that during the search you remained seated on Maddies bed without moving?
27 How did you behave that evening?
28 Did you manage to sleep?
29 Before the trip to Portugal, did you comment on a bad feeling or a bad premonition?
30 What was Madeleines behaviour?
31 Did Maddie suffer of any disease or did she take any kind of medication?
32 What was the relationship like between Madeleine and her siblings?
33 What was the relationship like between Madeleine and her siblings, her friends and her colleagues at school?
34 Concerning your professional life, in how many and in which hospitals have you worked?
35 What is your medical specialty?
36 Did you work by shifts, in emergency rooms or in other departments?
37 Did you work on a daily basis?
38 Did you stop working at a certain point in time? Why?
39 Do your twin children have difficulty in falling asleep, are they unruly and does that upset you?
40 Is it true that at certain times you were desperate over your childrens attitude and that left you were upset?
41 Is it true that in England you considered the possibility of handing over Madeleines guardianship to a relative? (i.e ADOPTION)
42 In England, did you give your children medication? What type of medication

Will be continued next page.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
43 Within the process, you were shown films of cynotechnical inspection of forensic character, where the dogs can be seen marking indications of human cadaver odour and equally human blood traces, and only of human origin, as well as all the comments that were made by the responsible expert. After the visualization, and after cadaver odour was signaled in your bedroom next to the wardrobe and behind the sofa that was pushed against the living room window, you said that you could not explain anything apart from what you had already said?

44 You said that you could not explain anything apart from what you had already said, concerning the marking of human blood behind the sofa by the detection dog

45 You said that you could not explain anything apart from what you had already said, concerning the marking of cadaver odour in the boot of the vehicle that you rented a month after the disappearance?

46 You said that you could not explain anything apart from what you had already said, concerning the marking of human blood in the boot of the vehicle?

47 You said that you could not explain anything apart from what you had already said, upon being confronted with the result of the collection of Maddies DNA, which was analysed by a British lab, behind the sofa and inside the vehicles boot?

48 Did you have any responsibility or intervention in the disappearance of your daughter?

Kate McCann wouldn't answer them.............. why not?

The only question she answered that was answered honestly was:
"Are you aware of the fact that by not answering these questions you may compromise the investigation, which is trying to find out what happened to your daughter?"

She said "Yes, if the investigation thinks so"

Would you have answered them? I would - especially Q.41 - l wouldn't have left that one unanswered.....

Q:44 & 45 Did you know British police dogs found cadaver scent and blood deposits matching Madeleine in the McCanns apartment? The same police dogs that found the remains at the Jersey childrens home Haut de la Garenne?

Cadaver dogs and blood dogs can't lie.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you can see.How the hell did they even get out of Portugal?

They used to say they wouldnt leave Portugal without Madeleine, Sept7 07 they are made Arguidos, September 9 they fly back to the UK promising to return if asked.As soon as they get back to the UK they hire Michael Caplan (Pinochets lawyer)an extradition lawyer and when asked to return they refuse.Kate also offered to take a lie detector test, which when offered was refused.

Something is very, very wrong with this whole case, imo.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
There is something weird with this, that's for sure.

Considering their kid had been kidnapped and possibly murdered, they didn't seem too upset. The part about running around the world was particularly strange. You'd think they'd want to be left alone, not in the public eye.

Any psychologists here wish to comment? I'm usually pretty accurate, but I can't nail this one quite.

Apparently if someone isn't found within 3 days of their disappearance, they're usually dead. Surely the Police, and the McCanns, knew this???

[edit on 24-12-2008 by mirageofdeceit]

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   
People interested in the Madeleine McCann case should look at the "48 Hours" news special on it. It is an excellent resume of the case. They even hired a portugese speaking detective to infiltrate the Ocean Club where the McCanns were staying to talk to the staff of the tapas bar where they were the night of the crime.

They also reveal that Jane Tanner told the police about the man she saw the very night of the crime. She didn't wait six months. The cops knew about the guy that night.

As for the questions Kate McCann wouldn't answer, the following two videos, one by a criminal lawyer, one by a cop tell you why, from a defence attorney's point of view, you should never talk to the police.

Personally, I think that the McCanns made a terrible mistake when they circulated the detailed description of Madeleine, especially the detail about her eye, to the media. They did this against the advice of the Portugese police. It's a judgement call but I think the police would have been able to pursue inquiries discretely. Madeleine's eye was a beacon they could have followed. I think using the media to make things so hot for the criminals was a fatal mistake.

[edit on 25-12-2008 by ipsedixit]

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   
The sniffer dog evidence is not as decisive as some press accounts may have led people to believe.

Here is a link to a page about sniffer dogs, their training and performance parameters:

www.csst.org...

The purpose of this activity was to determine the length of time detectable scent remained in an enclosed structure following removal of scent items. The facility used was an abandoned portion of a state mental hospital. Scent items consisted of post-mortem body fluids and blood absorbed onto cloth and hair. These items were placed at various locations within the facility for five hours and then removed. Dogs at various levels of training were used to screen the facility at times up to fourteen months after removal of the scent items. Results were obtained and protocols used that are not discussed within this paper, however general findings were that residual scent remained for up to and beyond fourteen months.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
It's a tough call - but IMHO the media coverage damaged he investigation... I personally think the Portuguese police should of immediately given the case to British police and offered them all the help needed... Time was lost in translation so to speak, and minutes count.

I just hope the publicity didn't cause the bad people to do something rash.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Parents are not all loving and protective.
My own arranged for me to die when I was 13, and had life insurance organised so they would be at last able to buy a house of their own.
This was not even the worst they did.

(How I survived contains too much info not relevant to this thread.)

Perhaps Madeleine's parents sold her, and the whole purpose of their holiday in Portugal was delivery of the "package". They might have a million waiting quietly in a Swiss account for their trouble.

One thing that made me suspicious was the initial report about her parents' behaviour at the Tapas restaurant on the night when Madeleine supposedly disappeared. Every half hour one or the other would noisily leave to go back and check on her daughter at their unlocked, ground-floor holiday unit, which was close by.

Everyone else in the restaurant knew the children were alone, and the parents were checking on them.

Now if you'd left your kids alone, instead of leaving them in the available creche, would you endanger them further by making sure everyone around knew about it? This sounded more like setting up an alibi than being concerned parents.

And, according to the police, they were not notified until 90 minutes after Madeleine's bed was found empty and the window open.

Perhaps Kate or Jerry had already handed Maddy over to a buyer earlier in the day, or perhaps the set up was arranged so he could easily collect her himself.

top topics

join