It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blazing Red Eyes in Tree

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I've been searching through various sites and ATS seems the best one that can give me an explanation. I was going to post in "Cryptozoology and Mythical Beasts" but there doesn't seem to be much action in there.

Last night I was walking the German Shepherd, Grumbler, in the backyard as I always do when he needs to use the washroom. The yard's fairly big with lots of apple trees, American Beech, and white poplars. We were down by Old Rickety, the oldest of apple trees, that's Grumbler's usual dumping area. The dog did his business as I leaned on the shovel (# scooper) while looking around with the flashlight. My dog began to whimper, which isn't like him. He was looking up at Old Rickety as he backed away. He barked once. I saw two glowing eyes and a third glow that could've been an open mouth, I really don't know. The eyes were what got me, you know? They stared down at me while Grumbler tried to get me to move. The red eyes faded, slowly, and were not quite gone, I had a feeling that whatever was up there, didn't feel threatened by me. And I was thinking to myself, I can still see you. And that was when the glowing shapes, eyes, whatever they were, blew out. My dog's whimpering subsided as I pointed the flashlight up and as I did that, branches shook, but the flashlight revealed nothing but branches where the blazing eyes were. In that area something of a decent size could've fit in there. I could see the stars through this area. Grumbler at this point was looking up into the "almost" clear skies and as we returned to the house, he was somewhat back to normal. He kept looking about like he expected something to happen. I was more unnerved when I got back to the house, since then I feel like I am being watched. This happened a little after eleven.

Anyway, it wasn't an owl, way too big. If I had to guess the area in question is at least twelve feet above me. That would be one huge owl, one huge anything. No streetlights down there, I'm out in the countryside so lights in general are a rarity. I thought maybe a plane was flying that open space but the lights would be blinking, and the "red glows" seemed very aware. I live in Nova Scotia and I have heard of strange things, you know, things you chalk up as old wive's tales, but Grumbler was genuinely frightened and he's a very aggressive dog. I do not recall any distinct odors. Anyway, hopefully somebody can give me a logical explanation.

Thanks

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Wow! I wanted to post something very similar to this that happened to me at the age of five. What got me, was the glowing and red. I have done sooooo many searches to figure out what this thing could have been, with no luck. I think you may be the only other person that I know of whos had this happen. My encounter, my cousins and I were playing hide and seek in my grandmothers house. I was hiding in a closet, a very dark closet. Something in my mind told me to look up, when I did... a glowing red face above me. Not just eyes and a mouth though, the whole face. The mouth was open as with yours. I was sooo afraid I could barely scream and I couldnt get out of the closet. My mother came running in and opened the closet. After searching the closet from top to bottom, she found nothing. If anyone has a clue to what this may be, I would really love to know. My mother to this day remembers this happening.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I'm usually a skeptic, but seeing as no one else has posted yet, I'll give a try at asking the "usual questions":

I gather from your description that you saw nothing distinct to let you know that the two glowing regions were eyes? No pupils or anything like that? If not, how were you certain that the third was not a third eye (or rather, suspect all three to be something besides eyes)?

You said you could see the stars through the trees. Was that while the "thing" was still there? If so, there's no reason to believe this was NOT a plane. Not all plane lights blink. If not, then it lends more credit to the thought that something was in the tree.

Did the "eyes" follow you or Grumbler? Do you suspect the third glow was a mouth because of the appearance of teeth?

Was there any reason you felt like the animal thought you were "no threat"? Firstly, I would never presume a German Shepherd to be harmless, no matter my species, even when afraid. Secondly, this sounds more like silly elaboration upon a yarn than factual evidence in a recounting. Explain.

If the thing lives in the tree, your dog wouldn't poo there all the time. If not, you likely won't see it again, but keep an eye out in the future.

When you shined your light, you saw/heard the leaves rustle. Did they rustle as if it climbed higher? This you would have seen from the ground. Did it seem to run on the ground? You would have been able to at least recognize this if not catch a glimpse of it.

Did you stare in silence at each other? I say this only because only animals in a predator/prey relationship are silent near each other. Since it calmed after you didn't attack, it would seem as if it wasn't a predator. (IE: A deer is silent around a hunter if it sees him, a cat is silent around a mouse, a rat is silent around a snake and vice-versa.)

I'm sure more questions will surface around ATS. Please elaborate on the experience so that we can either tell you more about your experience, use it for future sightings, or reassure you of your and your dog's safety.

EDIT: With the above poster having registered a week ago this seems hoaxly. The OP registering today makes sense, but if the two accounts were made to support each other, it is poorly done. Hopefully it isn't something so low as that.

[edit on 1-7-2008 by pondrthis]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Im not sure what types of animals you guys have up there in Nova Scotia, but my guess would be either a Raccoon or an Opossum.

Both can be pretty creepy looking when you shine a light on them, and they each can be found hanging out in trees, especially during the night time.

Opossums even have extremely dead, reddish looking eyes when reflecting light.

......OR it could be a man eating Chupicabra who wandered a little too far north

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
They were eye-shaped and almost the same size, as if looking from an angle, so one was slightly smaller than the other, if that makes sense. I noticed stars after pointing the flashlight there, that doesn't mean stars weren't visible there, I was fixated more on the glowing lights. The third glow really is a mystery to me, and it was fainter than the top two. The reason I chalked it up as a mouth because it 'seemed to be pulsating, kind of like a fish gasping on a the deck of a boat, maybe? That's why I remarked at it being a possible mouth. But I did not see pupils.

I cannot think of a time Grumbler has whimpered, I really can't. Has never retreated from any dog and has barked madly at bears, so him acting like that was unnerving in itself.

At the time, that was the feeling I got, that if it was an animal of some sort, it wasn't really bothered by me and it was only later, when returning to the house, did I feel truly threatened. On the flip side, when shining the flashlight in that direction, whatever it was didn't stick around. The branches didn't rattle long. There was no thud like something landing, and twelve feet or more is quite a drop for any animal. As I said, Grumbler was looking skyward after the fact as we returned to the house. That's why a plane seems the most logical explanation, but obviously I'm not convinced it was a plane since I am posting here. There too many variables.

Predator/Prey comment. At the time, Grumbler seemed more threatened. I was captivated on the most part by the eye-like glows. I wasn't scared at the time, and that part doesn't make sense to me because after writing what I wrote below, and reading it, I should've been.

Thank you for the questions. Very astute and logical. I'll be going back down there tonight and post an update. Earlier today I had Grumbler down there and he did his business without incident. To add some humor, I think I will take my wife wife with me tonight.

Again, thanks.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
it could be a flying humaniod.

there have been some threads about it here, i dont know if the latest ufo surge has something to do with it but there have been many sightings of these the past 2 years. they are smaller than humans and the can fly, they dont have wings they sort of travel weightlessly

i actually saw one i think and i made a thread about it, its here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by milkinmoo

Milkinmoo, whatever those "glows" were, I don't want to think they will ever end up in my closet.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Nibfu, for your sake, I hope it doesnt end up in your closet either. LOL. I'm thinking we have two different "creatures" (after reading your post a few times). The closest thing I've found on my guy is the mothman, I'm quite certain thats not it. Mine was very similar to a human face and it vanished when the doors were opened. You saw and herd yours leaving (it is possible he could have vanished after he made some movement). I wish you could have been closer to get a good description. Have you ever had other strange encounters? Also, this may be off topic, but what is your blood type?

HAHA, I bet you all think we are crazy by now... But hey, I believe what I can see and I did see, something.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Vanish, anything's possible. That's a tad creepy though. But would tie up a lot of loose ends.

My blood type is AB−. Why? Are you a vampire?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Haha, no vampire here. I'm O-, I've done lots of research on rh neg blood type. It seems that most people whom have claimed to have been abducted by aliens or have seen some type of entity, are rh negative. I can say that all my life I've had some strange things happen to me.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
The explanation for his? Theories?

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   
*I had a very similar experience to this (and posted it here awhile ago) whn i was younger around 8. I was staying at my nannies house and it was getting late, byy which i mean everyone else hadgone to bed andi was lying in a sleeping bag watching a movie. I started to feel frightened as if something was watching me so i turned of the tv plunging the room into darkness. I then proceeded to toss and turn until i was lying on me right side which positioned me perfectly to see out of the glass sliding doors which gave a good view of my nannies yard. Anyway when i looked out the window there where these red glowing lights which i have always thought of as eyes. Also there was afigure sort of silhouetted against the night sky. Being a little kid i was petrified so i crawled under my blankets and eventually fell asleep. As an afterthought judging by the eyes proximity to the roof i believe the creature must have been about 7 foot tall.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
The Mothman is often described as having glowing red eyes. Were there any other unusual circumstances on or near your property at this time?

tinwiki.org...

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
When I read your post I immediately thought of Mothman. The glowing red eyes and no face to be made out. The creature actually chased many witnesses so you are lucky in that.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

sorry - replied to the wrong person

[edit on 7/6/2008 by Spiramirabilis]

[edit on 7/6/2008 by Spiramirabilis]

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by nibfu

sometimes dogs have a reaction around raccoons - and they can get to be a good size

could've been carrying a young one in it's mouth - so you were seeing only a partial gleam from just one eye - to create the 3rd glow

but Raccoon eyeshine is yellowish, not red

same with a bobcat - with young - or something in it's mouth - but don't know what color

owl eyeshine is red - though you said it was too big for an owl - though a horned owl or barred can get pretty big

if it had something dead in it's beak - maybe catching glow off one of those eyes- though I don't know if dead eyes still have eyeshine

here's some interesting info:

www.tpwd.state.tx.us...

www.rain.org...

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I have posted on here myself about an expierience not unlike yourself, but I was about 6 or 7 and the glowing red eyes were at the top of a stairwell in my house, ive always looked at it as being a wraith or demon, it came into my room a few times to i could since it was there and i acted asleep ,creepy!!!

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by nibfu

Hi,
We live in southwestern ontario and just tonight while sitting in our yard, the dog began to whine while prancing around the perimiter of the fence line. She is a really doppy (but we love her) golden doodle who is for the most part blind, very docile and always content hanging out with us in the yard.
Tonight, she started acting very wierd and began barking really loud and wouldnt stop - this is not like her. She would then sit by my side and whine while looking into the evergreen tree from the yard behind ours.

A few miniutes after putting Milly into the house to stop her barking / whining;I began hearing these odd sounds that seemed like a combination of high pitched baby cries with clicking sounds. I followed the sounds into this same tree and saw alot of movement in the tree but nothing else and then it all stopped.
At approx 1030 pm, the sounds started again. I got my flashlight and shone it into this same evergreen tree. Two large bright eyes stared back at me but soon I thought there must be a second because I saw a third lighted eye. Could this have been a possum or a racoon? Maybe; but the distance between the eyes was too far apart and it moved around within the tree without making a sound or causing tree branches to move. These were like lights more than eyes and they clearly were watching me as much as I was watching them. I really felt like it did not want me to see it and I felt more than just unsafe; I felt like I was being warned.
I left it alone but then when my husband came ouside, I grabbed the flashlight and showed him. He agreed that this was not an owl, racoon or possum and even more facinating was the fact that these eyes were a bright yellow or orange or red. What animal eyes change colour like that?
Another odd thing was that this animal moved about more like hovering within the tree and would be at the top and then slowly look away only to re-expoe those lights of eyes in another part of the tree. I dont think I can truly explain what it felt like but I can share that since this happenned, I dont feel alone and keep feeling that someone is behind me. This was not an animal and being raised on a farm, I am aware of most types of wild life in this area. I have never seen or felt anything like this before. People can believe what they want but I know that whatever this was; it has three eyes that change colour and can move around without making any movement reappearing in another part of this very large tree within seconds and it sounds like nothing Ive heard before.

new topics

top topics

join