It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Very" disturbing dream i had, any meaning?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
First of all i would like to emphasize that this contains rather disturbing textual imagery.

Last night, I had the first somewhat lucid-ish dream in quite a while, yet to make things worse it was a bad one. Not scary monster under the bed bad but more disturbing bad. To summarize it involved what appeared to be a sibling that was perhaps 12-13 years old (I assume it was my sister in this dream) who from what I had gathered suffered from a mental illness of some kind. This and some other nasty events that I will tell of later.

I don’t know where it started but in know when it ended, although I remember a single piece of dream that occurred sometime between the beginning and the end. This piece was of my supposed sister at what I assume was a psychologists office/practice or whatever you call a psych’s general place of business. This is when I first figured (out of dream state, in a kind of third person POV…or something like that) that she was generally insane, although in an odd way. Her behavior at that time was similar to that of any mentally disabled person, a kind of over happy behavior. I can kind of describe it as her being a 12-13 year old, yet acting more like an 8 year old as being overly playful and cheery for someone her age. However, again I can’t remember specifics, or I did then I forgot (I didn’t exactly put effort into remembering details of this particular dream…) , but it appeared as if from that point of the psych’s office the general situation began to decline all the way to the quite disturbing end. Not really knowing much of these details, I can only remember possible happenings, and one which seems familiar ties with the end. It seemed as if the girl had began to decline into a kind of personality shift, somewhat jumping between chirpy overly happy to sadistic, initially only mildly so but increasingly worse as “time” went on. However as this opposite personality began to arise, the same polar was just the same. Say towards the end it was happy and playful just like before, and all of a sudden, when you go out of the room and back again, she is all macabre and secluded.
The climax, if you can call it so, is like I said, the most distinctive and vivid part of this whole event. Just before, there was some more hazy stuff, but I think it involved messages from the girl left in permanent marker written on lengths of toilet paper (?) with rather evil messages, warning of future doings that she will perform... to spit it out, one was that she would skin the house hold dog alive. This is where it gets very disturbing, as the climax is exactly that. What I assume is me and my dream parents are in a short hall leading off the main corridor that travels the length of the house and have just come across another message, “I WARNED YOU!”, or something along those lines. Then the dog…runs past along the corridor, missing half its skin… the/my mother yells in panic and terror “Jesus Christ! What the **** have you done!” this is followed by us moving down the direction in which the dog came into a dark room. Then a shadow moved down the corridor, in kind of a monster-esc kind of motion, a hunched back and arms out to either side. The last thing I remember is that I tacked “it” against the wall and that’s when I woke up…
In fact, the odd thing is that there was a transition period where I was still involved in the dream, yet I was awake so I actually heard myself moan (I was screaming in the dream) which actually weirded me out more than all the previous events, at least it did at that moment.

So there you have it… I don’t know what I want people to make of this, but I don’t think that it should have anything to do with me and my mental goings-on as this has never happened before. I mean i often make up horrific war scenarios about the American civil war…2, but that is just human orientated battle violence, and any associated plot has no such violence to any of the main characters. I’m rambling… but my point is don’t throw any weird stuff about it being an omen for what not, as although I did in fact take this into account, as I often do but in more of a humorous manner to entertain myself on the bus.

But make what you will of this anyway. i hope I'm not going mad...

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Never eat pickles before retiring to bed!

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Alright, First off, As a chronic Lucid Dreamer, I can tell you... You are NO WHERE NEAR CRAZY. That is the bad side of LD, They become all that more real to you, cause at the time you feel you are there. I think you had a classic nightmare, just with LD it seems 30x's as bad.
Take a Deep Breath, you are OK

Secondly I believe to a certain extent a dream can be a window into your subconscious, some people will go super-specific on dreams and make them out to be much more than they are. I personally use dreamer's dictionaries for only the MAIN aspects of my dreams, the things that REALLY stick out the most.

Insanity

To dream that you or someone is insane, represents your retreat from reality. You have difficulties in telling what is right and wrong.

Torture

To dream that you are torturing others or see others being tortured, suggests that you are punishing yourself for your own negative or bad habits. You are projecting yourself onto the person or animal being tortured. Consider the symbolism of who is being tortured. Alternatively, the dream may indicate repressed feelings of revenge which you are not able to act on in your waking life.

Skinless

To dream that you or someone else is skinless, suggests that you are having difficulties in sensing your emotional and psychological world. You are experiencing anxieties about how you are being perceived by others. You need to look beyond the superficial and find the sensitive truth about yourself and about others

Taken from Dream Moods Dictionary

I apologize for the vague meanings, wasn't the best of interpretation sites, but you get the idea.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Insanity

To dream that you or someone is insane, represents your retreat from reality. You have difficulties in telling what is right and wrong.

I can definitely relate to that hehe.

I would have assumed that some subconscious was involved, since it always is, but still it is puzzling. Particularly so that it is not so much "bad" like I said, but disturbing, in primarily a psychological aspect relating to the female character. The buildup of events to near-climax at the end was what I thought was most interesting. having not been subjected to many dreams at all really, I can’t say that it is unusual in terms of what other people experience but I would assume that any dream would have the bad part of a bad dream (I’m generalizing here) would be consistent throughout making it therefore a bad dream, where as mine, from what I can gather was just weird and then wham! at the end.

the meanings make sense I suppose, the torture one makes me curious however, I’m not too sure on the whole revenge thing, whether or not I have such feelings, the torture event was somewhat extreme and not resemblent of what I think I feel. But then again, that’s the subconscious for you I guess...

However, the whole thing really interests me (the dream itself that is) as the fact that there is a definitive story line or plot to it. It kind of seems like a rendition of Carrie or The Shining in some ways when I think about it, and is something that I would have assumed that Steven King would have written about.

Also, I’m pitching this idea if anyone is interested

Any way, by doing this (the whole diary of my dreams thing) i have seemed to conserver more about the dream, and i shall be doing more in the future. there have been some past ones, a recent one which i shall not be going into any detail about, but i assure you its a bit out there, which i thought rather interesting and wished i had written out.

top topics

join