It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion in general

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myrtales Instinct

Now who is going to arrive first, the individual on the narrow path or the group think tank?

thats part of the problem, religious people seem to think going to church one day a week is going to be good enough, maybe it is i dont know.

religion is a nasty little word that i cant personally seem to accept. i dont go to church but i talk about god, and jesus. lots of people have asked me what the point of jesus dieing for our sins was. i think jesus just had the guts to do what noone else wanted to do, but at the same time had to be done, its the equivilant of me walking into a modern day church and calling everyone a hypocryte for believing certain things, point being that noone in jesus time wanted to be called a hypocrite. jesus knew full well that he wouldnt be loved for doing so. but he did it because it was necessary.

jesus said where two people gather in the name of the lord, there i will be. so why do i need church, or " religion ", the answer is i dont, the church needs me. religion needs mankind. not the other way around.

i hope that made sense. peace

[edit on 21-8-2008 by pureevil81]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by KyoZero

are the rest of us not good enough to give our opinions?

yes you are all welcome to give opinions, thats what i asked for.

i am interested in hearing more of the pagan religion, because i know almost nothing about it. if you have some links i would check it out. i realize thats what the vids are, but no way am i going to waste that much time watching them.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by pureevil81

What a nice reply!

I don't go to church either, but that's not to say that I wouldn't. I have yet to find a living person with the exact same beliefs, that I have. If I can't even agree with my own kin on a specific set of beliefs - how in the world am I expected to agree with total strangers? The answer is I'm not supposed to.

I know I am thankful for being exposed to the Bible, but I find so much fault with the Catholic Church for trying to contain words Christ spoke or may have spoken - for my benefit and your benefit. Hide one word from me, that I know for a fact the Lord Jesus spoke and you've made Myrtale's do do list.Lol One word hidden is a conspiracy in my eyes. I guarantee they had copies of the Gospel of Thomas way before they were unearthed at Nag Hammadi and if Jesus spoke these words (which I believe are factual words he spoke) why would they not want people to have access to his words? It's because they then lose control when people head down the narrow path to life with lots of elbow room and find the very thing he meant for us all to have - a personal relationship with him.

Knock the middle man out and you'll all become much richer. It's a proven truth.

[edit on 21-8-2008 by Myrtales Instinct]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myrtales Instinct

Knock the middle man out and you'll all become much richer. It's a proven truth
i think this pretty much sums it up, and completely nullifies my OP. looking back at what i wrote in the OP im kinda like, WTH. alot has changed.

thanks for the reply, hope to hear more from you.

peace

top topics

<< 1   >>

join