It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why they hate AMERICA

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Well the Irak and Afghan war has made Norway very rich. We produse and live off oil. So Norway for one supports the war lie on terroisem.

And when the US and Israel bomb Iran Norway will become even richer. So i bet that Norway will support the bombing by saying nothing. An other thing is that we live so far away that we think we cant be tuched by any of this. Untill i go on a hollyday and get kidnaped. Then we prob. would say hay we dident attack you the US did. But do you think they realy would care.

What if an american gose on hollyday to europe somwhere and get kidnaped. What would you say to youre defence so you would save youre life. It wasent me it was the damb idiot Bush and i dident support him. But do you think by saying that you will save youre life. I Dont think so. Because we are all under the same ambrella and choises made by ouer goverment that we elected.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

What would I say in my defense.. well my French professor in college always told me to proclaim myself Canadian actually..

So i'll start rambling in French, demand to see my Canadian consulate and so forth..

But yes, Norway is not the only country to get rich off this war. China, Russia, Germany, Britain.. America.. many, countless people profited.

None more so then the Arabs...

Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, UAE .. even Iran...

PS> if your implying American's are not safe to travel in Europe because you guys are anti American to the point of kidnapping, that does not say much for Europe.. I may have to start my own thread.. after I make my thread about why the only reason people know Australia exist is because of Kangaroos..

[edit on 7/1/2008 by Rockpuck]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

i'll send ya one if that'll help lol.

and precisely. maybe if ppl could think more outside this little box that we are in, citizens in this country would be a little more upset w/ who we have allowed to represent us and not just "toss" a vote out bc they "feel" it their duty or bc they think THIS one will really bring change or bc they don't think they have another choice.

we shouldn't vote on someone they are the "lesser of two evils". that is NOT the american way. that is their way, but not the way this country was meant to be. it is up to the citizens to make that change and not the government. we are so scared when what you don't realize is they only have that control bc we allow for it.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Oh please....propaganda...propaganda...propaganda....

Jealousy is the number one reason that leads to hatred.

I am so damn sick of these we hate America threads.

Despite what you all want and wish for. We are not going any where.

We are still going to be the big boy on the block. We are still the greatest nation in the world!!!!!

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by traderonwallst

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

wrong, try again.

Confidence in your economy made you great..
That confidence is gone.
Trust in your decisions made you admired,
That trust has been shattered.
The belief in your military made you feared
Youve now been shown as vulnerable
Your people were once envied,
They are now spat at.

Greatest nation in the world... go back to sleep

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Well, I find that very hard to believe.

See, those photo's you'd show of an Iraqi throwing a grenade 9 years ago was probably a father/son... who enjoyed walking through baghdad with his wife... while their kids went to school, or while he went to school himself.

He's throwing that grenade becuase there's a good chance his house was

1. Bombed
2. Raided

becuase he had his brother/son

1. Killed by US Troops
2. Killed by Iraqi militia
3. Detained
4. Join Militia

He's not doing it becuase his corporate masters tell him to kill, while they take the oil.

You saying the evil iraqi's is like saying those 'evil french' back in the late 30's....
and im pretty sure it was only the nazi's who considered the french resistance as the bad side.

point is,

Iraq is his home.. he has every right to do whas nessecary to remove the foreign occupier.
America has to accept, its the foreign occupier.. and Iraqi's have the right to kill them.
Dont like it?

Then let them have 'their' Iraq back.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Hey man, im not doubting Kurdistan is working.. after all, look at all that oil, and look at all that land between them , and central Iraq.

Its good to be able to take away 1 positive from 1000'000 bad points... congratulations.

But that doesnt change the reality of Iraq.

Did it not occur to you, that the majority of prospering in Kurdistan is done because firms like KBR are deeply involved in building OIL infrastructure?

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Good post Agit8dChop. Don't forget to add these images:

This tyrannical dictator

Invaded this country.

This organization mandated that Saddam Hussein leave Kuwait or else.

When he refused, these guys proceeded to kick his butt

Saddam even went so far as to launch these

into this country

and this country.

After a humiliating defeat, Iraq signed a cease-fire.

After the oppressed people of Iraq rose up against Saddam Hussein, he brutally slaughtered thousands of people and the UN set up these no-fly zones.

Don't forget that while these guys were enforcing the no-fly zone

Saddam Hussein repeatedly fired these at them.

Also, don't forget that part of the cease-fire agreement was to allow these guys to inspect Iraq's WMD programs.

After Saddam jerked around the UN weapons inspectors, even these two supported a policy of regime change in Iraq.

Or, maybe they actually didn't and they were just trying to distract our attention.

You can continue to pretend that the situation in Iraq and the Middle East is George W. Bush's fault alone, but there will always be people out there to keep you from rewriting history.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
LoL I love these topics, such a flame forum why not just say "If your born some where other then my city I hate you, because you don't follow the same laws and rules that I do". How bout you pay attention more to what your going through at home and less about somebody elses country; ya I know your comeback we didn't leave alone a country so why should you. Simple, we the people stand by our government even though the leader may be partially retarded, we didn't do the best job and now we the people are taking steps to minimize our stay in the middle east. If your not from the Middle East or any of the surrounding country's I don't believe this has anything to do with you in the slightest. If you say that we're the reason gas prices are higher in your country or anything else is affecting your economic worth because of this "war" we're in; then your simply confused because there is no gas problem and you should be worried about what your country is doing raising prices just like America is catching on to theirs. Next time please only talk about something that affects you.

[edit on 1-7-2008 by Lokey13]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I stopped taking Agit8dChop seriously after he posted that silly Bush-Hitler picture.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Actually mate, if you knew anything about Kurdistan, which obviously you don't, you would know that their oil fields, for the most part, where taken away.

So please, don't try and preach to me that you actually know jack about Kurdistan, or quite frankly Iraq for that matter.

Because if you knew the geopolitical make up of Iraq, which you don't, you would know that most of Iraqi oil resides in the South, and in the East. There are two major fields in the North West and the North. Neither are controlled by Kurds. The largest of these fields reside out side of Kirkuk and Mosul, which is controlled by the Central Iraqi Government. The other is between Mosul and Tall Afar, controlled by the Central Iraqi Government.

The Iraqi government must by mandate however appropriate a certain percentage of the oil revenue to specific regional sectors of Iraq, one including of course Kurdistan. Seeing Kurdistan separated it's self from the violence, the money is used to build schools and infrastructure.

If you studied Iraq and knew what you where talking about, which you don't, and didn't just post flaming garbage with over exploited pictures seen time and again, you would know that one city specifically is not exempt from violence, and that is Kirkuk.. mostly Kurdish, yes, but also prominent Sunni .. the result is of course violence. But where Kurdistan begins and Iraq ends, concrete walls, armed troops and heavily fortified gates ensure that the only way into Kurdistan is a thorough search of all your belongings. If you blow your self up, it's between concrete barriers, and no harm done.

You would also know, if you studied the country's violence record, that there have been countless attempts to cause violence in Kurdistan, however no attempt has been successful.

You would also know that much of the success of Kurdistan is actually Capitalist in nature.. from arms trading and oil, to profiteering on the War. Yes, Kurdish firms sprout like plants to offer services to the troubled Iraq. Ever seen a picture of Iraq with concrete barriers on the side of the road? Kurdish made. They supply the Iraqi army with arms, uniforms, food, aid packages.. a capitalist dream.

But you would have known that, if instead of shouting hatred and bigotry, you studied that which you preach.

And maybe, just maybe, once you get over your self, you will realize that in life sometimes that sacrifice of the undeserving is a good thing, if it means freedom and prosperity to the people once oppressed. The underdogs freed themselves, and you cry for their past masters..

So my advice to you, mate, pick up a book.

Educate your self.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Absolutely Iraqi "insurgents" have every right to kill American military personnel...The more they kill the better imho....

Don't like that ? Then leave....Its not complicated like many in the US try to make out....Its very simple...

So the country descends into civil war ? That is not America's business...

Maybe that needs to happen in order to bring peace in the longer term, because with a puppet coalition government in place now, there is zero chance of lasting peace...

Why ? Because it has been forced upon them by an outsider....This is doomed to fail...

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I gave you a STAR for effort boone,

but seriously,

Your using a 1990's event to justify a 2003 invasion?

Especially when the USA LIED, many many many times with that 1990 event too?

We even told saddam we have no business what he does with Iraq.

Or did you forget to put in those photos..

- the crying girl
- the babies in incubators
- the saudi border lie

c'mon....

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   

So what are you saying?
Because Kurdistan is profiting of its own countries demise, I should shut up and just accept American ocucpation?

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
As we all know, in a democracy, the power lies in the hands of the people. It is the people's responsibility for the future of their nation. Americans did not make a mistake when putting Bush in office for the first time, BUT putting him in office again was unbelievable. This showed to the rest of the world that the American people thirst for resources and blood, even though this is not always true.

In a democracy, you can't really blame the government no matter how corrupt or stealthy they are, its all the people's fault for putting the leaders in their positions. More power lies in the hands of American citizens than any other citizens, yet horrific actions occurs everyday and nothing is being done to fix it.

You know what this means? Americans lack the will to control their lives and the government, we have the guns, the rights, and the brains to do almost anything we can imagine. And right now, we are basically the ones who started Neocolonialism and the Iraq War all because we thought that there wass something in for us.

People are protesting against the U.S. government and its people because people are dying, money is being lost, natural resources are being wasted.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
You can hate the American Gov. all you want, but don't blame it entirely on its people. traderonwallst's earlier is a perfect example of this, the wool has been pulled over the people's eyes so perfectly. The brainwashing is so severe that, at this point, the American public is completely helpless. The average person no longer holds any leverage over the gov. Anyone who tries to wake people up will just be ignored, anyone who tries to get involved, write reps and senators, etc will be ignored. So anyone who bashes the 'sheeple' are truly ignorant to whats really going on. The oppression of the people begins immediately. Schools teach us to be stupid and not ask questions, commercials distract us and keep us ignorant to the outside world, the media completely floods our minds with lies and half truths on global affairs and effectively warps our views of the war in Iraq and pretty much the rest of the world. We are taught from birth that we are the greatest nation on earth and that we are always right. We are hand fed this idea that we are all free when in reality our 'democracy' is run by politicians who are all bought off and have nothing but their own interests in mind when making decisions. Now its too late to do anything about it. Bills like the patriot act solidify the current system and ensure it cant be touched. Well, it seems to me like the war between the gov and the people is a little lopsided. So bash Americans all you want, but it worked on us and it'll work on you so climb off your 'high horse' because no one is safe...

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Another "Hate America" thread. What a shock. O.K....the U.S. government isn't 100% benevolent and Bush isn't a choirboy, but I could spend the next year creating threads on leaders\govts\countries that are so much worse as to be incomparable.

Why don't you educate people on Kim-Jong Il? He's starved his own people to the extent that the average 10-year old North Korean child is 20 pounds lighter than a South Korean child.
North Korean women are forced to have abortions at the hands of unlicensed doctors. Newborn babies are beaten to death... their heads bashed in by soldiers. Children are publicly executed in front of their mothers. Why not post some pictures of that?

Why don't you tell people about Omar Al-Bashir, ruler of Darfur, and his henchman, who have committed atrocities that I wouldn't even discuss here? They've murdered over 2 1/2 MILLION people. Post a couple links about that, why don't you?

Those are just the first two other countries that come to mind.

Keep bashing America, we don't care. The government can fall, businesses can fail, and other countries' peoples can turn their backs on us, but the American people will survive.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
True, you guys are a strong bunch.
When your values are just, and your direction is fair, you really do take the world to bigger and better places.

but in saying that, you seem totally incapable of removing someone who's ruining 100's of years worth of good deeds.

You should have stopped this government immediately after the election, when it was apparent they DIDNT Win.

Then, after 911, when it was OBVIOUS they sat back and WAITED FOR IT
before Iraq, when it was obvious WMD's and freedom were never the main tasks...

yet, there's plenty of you still sitting here

'' leave american politics to americans ''

is a PERFECT thread in explaining this.

The thread about a brutal killing in Iraq at the moment, where certain posters totally refuse the idea that its POSSIBLE American soliders did do the murder.

The reason these threads exist is because there's many people on this board, and many more IN AMERICA, who believe no matter what happens in Iraq, the ME or the world... that america is faultless.

granted your not one, thankfully...

But even you have to admit... for to long this charade has gone on.. your meant to be brave... all I see is a bunch of cowards unable to do the hardwork and remove this regime thats hijacked your country.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   

This is one of the best posts I've read on ATS. Thank you for putting all of this together so well.

Unfortunately I think your message may fall upon many deaf ears. It seems people are so desensitized these days that they can't even comprehend any other alternative to what they have been told by authority.

Many people are too caught up in social networking, having the latest toys and gadgets, keeping up with celebrity life, following trends and generally being as ignorant, blinded and apathetic as possible to even notice anything wrong.

They'll complain about gas prices here and there because it directly affects them, but their scope of the real world is so limited, more than likely by design, that they don't notice much more beyond that.

People's views of the world are so basic and dumbed down that they cannot even connect the dots, even if they are put right in front of their face. It is sad because those of us who CAN see the lies, over the last several years, have seen our leaders putting these lies right in front of our faces, and it even seems INTENTIONAL on their part, as if they are taunting us and mocking our overall stupidity. Yet people don't see it.

It has got to the point where any one paying attention to politics or questioning authority has something wrong with them. They need to "get a life". The masses' need to fit in and be accepted, along with this rejection of skepticism and political interest, is, unfortunately, only depleting the number of people that may, some day, stand up for whats right and learn the truth.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Thanks for the star.

Your using a 1990's event to justify a 2003 invasion?

Yes, I am.

Saddam Hussein agreed to the terms of the cease-fire that ended the Gulf War. He violated those terms repeatedly by kicking the weapons inspectors out and not allowing them access to the sites that he agreed to.

No one knew what he had done with his weapons stockpiles. If Hussein would have allowed the United Nations weapons inspectors to do their job, we would not be in the situation that we are in now. Saddam admitted, to his interrogator, that he continued that WMD charade for posterities sake to keep Iran from invading.

Do you honestly believe that the American public would have allowed George Bush to invade Iraq if the weapons inspectors were able to access any site in Iraq for the 12 years running up to the 2003 invasion?

I, for one, would not have.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join