It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Philsophical Discussion : Freedom of Speech vs Treasonous Actions On ATS...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Mind your own P's and Q's there starman. If a mod wants to shut me down he will. Until your a mod, hush!

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlindWatcher1

Mind your own P's and Q's there starman. If a mod wants to shut me down he will. Until your a mod, hush!

Oh really? Have it your way then. Mod's will take care of it then.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Now that is a scary thought. I bet you would turn in your own kin if you thought it would help you get your way. OOPS off track here, sorry, on with the discussion.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlindWatcher1

Now that is a scary thought. I bet you would turn in your own kin if you thought it would help you get your way. OOPS off track here, sorry, on with the discussion.

You can cease and desist with your nasty behavior here on this thread.

I've asked you nicely. Thank you. Are you trying to derail the thread?

[edit on 2-7-2008 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Not unless you do. Now on with the discussion.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   

I don't think that "idiots" are the only ones suckered in. That's just another way of saying "There is a kind of person who can get caught up in something he doesn't fully understand and be hurt by it, but I'm not that kind of person."

That's hubris. If you employ the politics of Us versus THEM in any way, you have pitted yourself against an opponent who has more institutional knowledge and psychological prowess than you could learn in 3 lifetimes. Enter Nancy Sinatra - "What he knows you ain't had time to learn..."

The enemy is us, Pogo. And we will ride herd on the enemy's ass until he learns.

[edit on 2-7-2008 by applebiter]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by applebiter

I don't think that "idiots" are the only ones suckered in. That's just another way of saying "There is a kind of person who can get caught up in something he doesn't fully understand and be hurt by it, but I'm not that kind of person."

That's hubris. If you employ the politics of Us versus THEM in any way, you have pitted yourself against an opponent who has more institutional knowledge and psychological prowess than you could learn in 3 lifetimes. Enter Nancy Sinatra - "What he knows you ain't had time to learn..."

The enemy is us, Pogo. And we will ride herd on the enemy's ass until he learns.

[edit on 2-7-2008 by applebiter]

Of course, good people get suckered in just as well as others.

Personally, I go neutral when dealing with the not so smart.

That way, I can go either way I have to, and it works. Time and again, it works.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Hey BlindWatcher1, are you from 4chan? For some reason, that's the vibe you are giving off.

Of course, I could be wrong, but who knows.

[edit on 7/2/2008 by SonicInfinity]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
i think we have a right to say what we want,but as you pointed its best to do it kindly, if i suspect a government whoever is trying to pump information out of me i will respectfully decline, take care

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I'm of the humble opinion (Long-time lurker first-time poster, and all that - great to be here!
) that if there are Government Agents or any other duly authorized individuals performing an investigation here, even if they are here simply to monitor, then simply stay out of the way and don't do anything to bring attention to yourself. Let them do their job, and remember that it isn't personal.

Cheers to all !

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
As clearly these days the Constitution is under assault, interpretation depends on who's reading what I'm typing.

By one definition I am a patriot, a freedom fighter, dissident or - by the other - I am an insurgent, enemy combatant, traiter...fill in the blank.

I guess it all depends on how the CorpGov spins it in my military tribunal.

I think of it terms of the Yin Yang.

Light Dark. Good Wrong.

i think that applys to all concepts in all catagorys and makes great sense of them in a way.

all sentient beings can see the differance. it just depends what side your on. Yin or Yang. or both .

i do think some ppl are both , like the punisher is a good example
hes a good guy in a bad guy way

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I have to say it life is about a balance, in Yin and Yang, Good and Evil, and Haves and Have Nots.

Thanks for the post and replies on this controversial topic.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

Nay, my friend, just hate ignorance without substance!

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
Hey BlindWatcher1, are you from 4chan? For some reason, that's the vibe you are giving off.

Of course, I could be wrong, but who knows.

[edit on 7/2/2008 by SonicInfinity]

What's 4chan, and is it relevant to this thread? I've never heard of it before.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   

4chan is not relevant to the thread but it rocks, it is of interest, it's a subcultural chunk with interesting use of language

www.4chan.org...

I think it was originally an English version of a Japanese forum 2chan

but it is off topic 100%, in my opinion

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by nine-eyed-eel

Thanks for putting that into proper perspective for the thread. If it's off topic of the thread, it doesn't belong here at all.

The topic of the thread is whether your expressing your right to Freedom of Speech or commiting an act of Treason. There's a distinct difference between the two, and Government, any countries Government can deem what they consider as treasonous actions.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Ya know, you really need to chill out. Who do you think you are? These members are not off topic and you are not a mod. Do you read mods coming on and asking to keep on topic? It's normal for a post or two for a few members to relate and then regroup. Keep your "I'm God and no one can say anything unless you say it's OK" crap to yourself.

Geez Take a breather and gather yourself Mr. Self Rightous!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   

No, the US can't call just anything a treasonous act. Sedition, on the other hand, is a sticky wicket.

Just as an example, I would be within my rights if I said "I think the US government is just too damn corrupt and rotten to ever self-correct. Thomas Jefferson was right, and there should be a revolution of the people that throws all the bums out and some of them into prison."

I could not legally say, "I think we should organize an armed insurrection and overthrow the US government. Want to help me?"

In the first example, I am just expressing an opinion, which I do not actually hold. In the second example, I am trying to influence others and conspire to actually overthrow the government.

It's a fine line, really. But there is a line, nonetheless.

There is a law that Bush Sr. passed that does not pass my smell test, however. If you are a vigilant American, and perhaps an armchair conspiracy theorist, and you manage to put an accurate information product together from publicly available sources that reveals a covert operation or a covert operative, and you share it, then you can be charged with treason. Not chastened, hushed, or congratulated for being vigilant and clever - but charged with a capital offense. If the endeavor was malicious and set out to hurt America, I could understand it. But what if the guy is just trying to be a good American and spots something out of place?

[edit on 5-7-2008 by applebiter]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by applebiter

That was the point I was making, it doesn't matter if you are being a good citizen by figuring out the Government is doing something against the people, they can declare you persona non-grata if the corrupt idiots wish to. It's come to the point of that insanity itself is ruling the nation instead of logic.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I just linked this thread to the thread below, to share with ATS.

Are You The Victim of An Agent Provocateur, On ATS?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join