It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do I Believe?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I was posting a comment in another post and while I was typing I had a realization. Why do I believe? Ufo, Alien, Ghosts whatever. I mean I'm pretty normal I guess, pretty intelligent imo, lol, deep thinking, curious, always out and about, stay looking for the truth, yet, I never see anything. My girlfriend asked me the other night "so you believe in Aliens?" then i thought to myself how ridiculous I would be if I Did Not. I mean you watch these news shows, and or listen to what the leaders or gov't tell you and you have to ask yourself "do they think I'm stupid?" Do I not deserve a more intelligent answer than this? ESPECIALLY when it's dealing with humanity and faith as a whole? These are the big questions. Do we not deserve to know where we come from and who we are?

So, it's weird. I will probably never see anything extraordinary yet I believe... isn't that weird?

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
And then they tease you with articles like these. But don't question anything. Just keep on watching Different Strokes....
Atom Smasher

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I really started back on the UFO band wagon after reading Richard Belzer's book on JFK and UFOs. It was actually well researched and questioned a lot the lone gunman theory accepted by the Warren Commission.
I also started reading other popular UFO cases and looked at them very logically.
On Roswell: A Colonel who has had much experience with aircraft states a flying saucer crashed. The story is changed the next day to weather balloon. A friend of mine said he was playing a joke, but I would think he would be quite serious about something that could upset the public.

[edit on 6/30/2008 by kidflash2008]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
So did you end up answering your girlfriend's question? If so, what did you say to her?

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I would make your girlfriend watch this!

That might help her understand.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
That's a difficult question to answer, jboogie, one which only you are truly suited to answer.

For me to do so, i'd have to pry into the deepest recesses of your mind in an awfully haphazard way.

But i won't, because i don't particularly feel like it.

I don't think it's weird at all, but the thinking that you deserve something because of your efforts is flawed.

If anything, the only thing you deserve is to chill out and enjoy the evening sky.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I pretty much told her that its ridiculous for her to keep asking me if I believe and told her basically the same thing I'm saying here. I told her I'm always gonna believe until the guys who are telling us otherwise start treating us like we have brains. At least the ones who want to know, yaknow? Fairy-tales- VS People really wanting the truth? You be the judge. No brainer to me. And that's why even though I haven't had any experiences I'm still a believe. Which kind of sucks because everyone can argue against the fact you are putting your faith in green men and flying anomalies. that hurts, lol

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Not so strange that you believe. I do too. Neither of us, I presume, are in possession of factual evidence. What we do, we perceive patterns, and those patterns culminate in a belief. There may be wrong mini-perceptions within the belief [are the grays really gray? I think light green], but overall, it's a belief born of experience, and evidence and well tips the scales toward the burdon of proof.

A person will say, "I don't believe in UFOs. Prove it!" It cant' be done anymore than it could be done to prove the existance of God, Satan, Santa, or Homer. There are varying degrees of evidenciary information, and you, being a human compile the patterns into order.

top topics

join