It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 die as medical helicopters collide over Arizona

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Two EMS chopters colided over the skies of Arizona today killing 6 and criticaly injuring one flight nurse. The victems incuded a patient on each craft. Both were on approach to Flagstaff medical center.

One of the aircraft was operated by Air methods which provides the aircraft we use from time to time on transports. Ours is dedicated to our medical center and is not used elsewhere. Its clear that something broke down during the landing process. When we are taking off or landing, safety is the numberone consideration even if a patient is on board. That means no talking and eyes out looking for hazards.

I would like to take the oppurtunity to express my condolances to the flight crews and ground personel's familes

news.yahoo.com...;_ylt=AhImiYDHk3dphFS2EcfDwXWs0NUE

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Jesus weeps Fred...

I just read that on the yahoo news and you were the first person i thought of as I remember the company from a chat we had.

Thank God your still about, but its a sad, sad day when any fatality occurs, let alone in such a tragic accident.

A landing / take off gone bad ? Fred, from UK experience why on earth were they even in the same patch of sky ? in the UK when a heli is on the pad its a 1000 feet seperation both horizontal and vertical..

Glad your OK, but prayers and thoughts for all those who lost loved ones.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Very sad news indeed, my hears goes out to the families involved. I'm just glad to hear you are safe Fred.

new topics

join