It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Happened at the Picnic At Hanging Rock?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
On Saturday 14th February 1900 a party of schoolgirls from Appleyard College picknicked at Hanging Rock, near Mt. Macedon in the State of Victoria. During the afternoon several members of the party disappeared without a trace …

Was this a alien abduction??
If not what else happened?

3 students and a teacher went missing and only 1 student came back and could not remember anything about it.

There has been a movie and a book based on this true story.

What do use think??

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
If you look into the book and do some research you will find that this is infact not a ture story as you have stated, Yes the book was written with the intent to sound like it was true but was not.

The park ranger aat Hanging rock will confirm this.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by cnm1976

It actually did happen i was reading up on the story and it said that it was ment to be as close as to the real thing as possible so it would be still chilling and scary.

Anyone else have thoughts??

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ryan atwood

what the heck are y'all talking about ive never even heard of this post some links. articles vids you know that sort of thing. let the rest of us in on this.....

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ryan atwood

Year 1900 ?
And you are bringing it up after 108 years for what exactly?

This is a futile exercise.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
From Wikipedia;

The novel is written in the form of a false document, implying that it is based on a true story and even begins and ends with a pseudo-historical prologue and epilogue, adding to the overall mystery-feel. However, while Hanging Rock is a real geological feature near Mt Macedon, the story is entirely fictional. Lindsay has done little to dispel the myth that the story is based on truth, in many interviews either refusing to confirm it was entirely fiction, or hinting that parts of the book were fictitious, and others were not. 14 February 1900 was however actually a Wednesday, not a Saturday as depicted in the story.

en.wikipedia.org...

So, No, It is not real.......sorry.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I live less than an hour's drive from Hanging Rock. The last time I was there was probably early 2000.

Very picturesque, lots of scenery, plenty of climbing to be had. You can see where the trail passes under a rock - I think that one of them is called The Hanging Rock.

Nothing happened there. It was all fictional. If I return soon, which I might, then I'll take a couple of pictures to show you.

As far as I know, there are not too many UFOs reported around the Mount Macedon area. Head West to the Grampians, if you want to see UFOs, that's a different story entirely...

top topics

join