It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Riot in China

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
The 28th day of June. A senior school girl was raped and killed. Her body was abandoned in the river. Her uncle went to the Police station to argue and was killed!Finally, thousands of people streamed to the Police station and government and burnt the buildings. At least one man was shot. Wengan is blocked by now.

Video

I am not too familiar with Chinese policies and actually have no understanding of the culture. I would ask someone who is more familiar with China to weigh in.

[edit on 29-6-2008 by jhill76]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Just wanted to see if anyone had any comments on this one? I wonder if we have anyone in that area to give us some insight on this. Thanks

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Why/how was the uncle killed? I`m assuming the police killed him, but under what circumstances?

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I'm surprised this isn't getting more attention. Is this being discussed in another thread already, possibly?

I'm guessing a couple of rowdy asshole police officers decided it would be good to have their way with a young little high school girl, and when they killed her, the government said it was no big deal because she was a female, and the grandfather contested, and got killed for questioning the authority's ruling.... and I know female life isn't valued too incredibly by the government there.

Human life in general seems to be completely disposable there. Do we even know how many have been killed for no reason there lately?

I'm wondering if this is why we've been trying to piss off China and vice versa lately... because a Chinese invasion of the US would be devastating. I'd much rather the economy just collapsed. They are all quite capable of dealing with their government on their own, which unfortunately is what we all have to do around the world. We've gotta save ourselves before we can save everybody else... and it sucks because I feel their pain, but we're so screwed ourselves because even if we wanted to help actual good causes like China's bloody deathmocracy or the genocide in Darfur and Somalia and stuff... we can't. The money and the power is what talks, and the money and the power are at the point where they would welcome random government killings or even better, mass genocide.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   

(BEST CHOICE) 2.35mb google earth image gallery of Wengan
2.35mb file with 5 google earth shots of what I assume to be Wengan country from a .cn site

Wengan large surface visual:
i284.photobucket.com...
Wengan zoom up level 2:
i284.photobucket.com...
Wengan zoom up level 3:
i284.photobucket.com...
Wengan zoom up level 4:
i284.photobucket.com...
Wengan zoom up level 5:
i284.photobucket.com...

Forget typing up 'Wengan country' with google. With the troubles there the goverment is clamping down on any intel gathering by the rioters. unfortunately I have found a .cn site on google, entering even though google was screaming that my computer would be harmed with some horrible infection if I entered the site... but hey, anything for the community of Wengan. Maybe they can have an idea where to fight or escape the heavy flak cannon tanks which are probably incoming. Lets all pitch in with our two cents and help them with some maps or whatnot.

english.aljazeera.net...

This is from the above link:

'Thousands of people have rioted in Wengan county in southwest China's Guizhou province, accusing the police of a cover-up after the death of a local girl.

More than 10,000 people ransacked and torched government office buildings on Saturday, the Hong Kong-based Information Centre for Human Rights and Democracy said.

At least one person died and up to 150 people were injured in clashes with police, the organisation said.

Nearly 200 rioters have been arrested.

The riots began after officials said that the 16-year-old committed suicide by jumping into a river.

However, many locals have suggested that she was raped and murdered. She was believed to have last been seen nine days ago with three men, two of them relatives of high-ranking government officials.

The violence escalated after the girl's uncle, who had protested against the conclusion of the police investigation, was reportedly beaten to death on Saturday.

Students 'beaten'

"As he was a teacher at the local high school, students from local schools went to the police to ask for justice, dozens of them I think, then some students were beaten by the police," an anonymous resident told the AFP news agency.

"After they were beaten, they started fires at the police building and torched police cars."

Officials at the county government and police station did not answer telephone calls on Sunday, but the official Xinhua news agency said that the government is handling the situation "appropriately".

Several Chinese websites posting about the girl's death and the riots have been blocked, however a number were still accessible on Sunday.

With less than two months to go before the Beijing Olympics, China's government is working to quell any unrest and ensure order across the country.

The crackdown against protesters in Tibet in March drew international condemnation and caused several disruptions to the Olympic's torch's journey around the world.'

[edit on 30-6-2008 by star in a jar]

top topics

join