It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explorers in search of 'man beast'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I heard of Bigfoot,Yeti,Skunk Ape and Yowie.Never heard of man beast.Must be something if they have all these sightings on different area's in the world.

A group of British explorers and scientists, backed by a renowned geneticist from Oxford University, have embarked on an intrepid expedition into a war zone and they hope to come back with compelling evidence for the existence of "man beasts" and cave men.

The yeti is one of the most iconic mystery animals in the world. Even in the 21st Century when mankind likes to think that it has conquered all the wild places of the planet, this hulking, hairy man beast still rears its ancient head and intrigues zoologists and explorers alike.

The Centre for Fortean Zoology [CFZ] in Woolsery (the world's largest organisation which searches for unknown animal species) has launched the major new expedition

The five explorers, led by zoologist Richard Freeman - the zoological director of the centre - are ignoring Foreign Office suggestions and visiting the tiny Russian state of Karbadino-Balkaria for a three week expedition.

In Russia they will be liaising with Ukranian biologist Grigoriy Panchenko who has been studying the creatures for 14 years and who has had four sightings of the wildmen, which are known locally as almasty.

The expedition is being backed by renowned academic Prof. Bryan Sykes of Oxford University, who hit the headlines a few years ago with his book, The Seven Daughters of Eve, which proved, through analysis of the mitochondrial DNA of a large sampling of people across the continent, that nearly everyone living in Europe today is descended from one of just seven women who lived between 10,000 and 45,000 years ago. The expedition will be tracking the almasty with sophisticated infra-red trigger cameras and ex-military nightsight equipment, but will also be carrying out DNA testing among forest inhabitants. They will present their findings at the three-day Weird Weekend at Woolsery next month.
Source

Sorry mods link dont work...

[edit on 29-6-2008 by alienstar]

[edit on 29-6-2008 by alienstar]

Mod Edit: New External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 30-6-2008 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
its gotta be meanbearpig im super serial

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by resonance
its gotta be meanbearpig im super serial

LMAO...You took my line

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by alienstar

Are you quoting from an article here ?

If you are having trouble posting links or using ex tags which you seem to have had trouble with before, then u2u me I can help you.

join