It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone else have this feeling ???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Hi all.

For as long as I can remember, I have had this feeling that Im here on Earth but for another purpose.
I am not sure what for but there is a feeling that I have to survive and that I am here for something that I do not know of yet.

I was chatting to a work colleague the other day but had said nothing about my survival preparations and what im doing for any sitx.

As our chat carried on, he went on to admit that he felt sure he was here for some other reason and that it influenced him on his first job as a game keeper and he went on survival courses and learned how to live off the rivers and local food stuffs.
He also stated about a large area of caves near cumbria where alot of preparation was going on about 20 yrs ago for a sitx.

Anyone know of this ??? or does anyone out there have the same feeling inside, that they are here for something else ????

[edit on 29-6-2008 by colec156]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Hi,
Ive always wondered why we are here and for what purpose, not in a morbid way. I mean, is life all about working, eating, sleeping doing the mundane things we do? i dont think so. Im sure there is a reason we are here just dont know that reason is.

[edit on 29-6-2008 by Beauty_HairyBeast]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by colec156

I have had the same feelings for years. When I was young it was a feeling of not belonging, the civilized world seemed foreign so I always escaped with a tent and hiking.

My contact experience has revealed to me the reasons for this...it's an awakening. We have reached critical mass and something has to give. Our instinct is telling us to prepare like animals that sense quakes or coming storms your radar is telling you the same....so get ready.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by colec156

Thats what made me become a 'survivor type'. Not in a wild hillbilly way, just a little less focused on trival things and more on the stuff that would keep me fed and warm if any thing was to badly go wrong.

Fire, food, fresh water, finding & fighting.

The 5 F's that will keep a man alive when all else fails. Fighting doesn't always mean fists and weapons, just the will to dig deep and fight an adverse situation and make it come good.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I think that feeling is very common among humans. I have never had it, but I have noticed it is prevelant among many.

Lots of people that get into meditation or new age type stuff have a "dawning" after their first good meditation experience; they become convinced they are destined to be great metaphysical teachers and save all the ignorant masses when the calamity occurs. A slight meta buzz shows them they are extremely gifted and spiritually superior. : )

I am not sure of that is what the OP is referring to, but I do think those that change the world in significant ways probably did not start off thinking that was their mission, it just happens.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Dan Tanna

Seems I have always had the feeling..and learn't ..and the way this life has panned out...seems like there was a plan..never had an idea what the plan was the like ... things I needed to learn came naturally ..

Dan tana...I can make fire, get drinking water one way or another, make shelter..urban, rural hunter and fight !!

not bad for a Brit eh !!..lol

And even wild camping has given experiences to equip...lol

Like imagine going camping in the middle of nowhere and some lunatics having a rave 300 metres from where you are camping but can't see you because its dark .( this happened in the Leadhills UK)!! ..seemed a bit like something from Mad Max!!..I had the wife and 2 kids with me...

For me it was just one of those lessons on how to cope in a worst scenario..

The feeling now is much stronger...a purpose!! and looking round things are starting to make sense!

Still buggered if I know what it is!!

Good to meet some who understands in survival...the priorites!!

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by shuck

Cover the 5 F's and every thing else is a luxury.

as for brits being able to survive off the land, its getting rarer even amongst those in the farming communities / rural areas.

I once made a bowdrill for a forest worker... and he was like 'wtf man, you some type of cave man in a goretex ?'.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Dan Tanna

I think its so important to learn the" basics " think its something that is really lost now ..learning the basics.....just seems to me on this site ..the good people that want to survive..will lose out ..because..they have not mastered the basics first!..

And the bow drill ..excellant ..if you know how to make one its the least hard work!!

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I have always felt I was to be part of somehing historic, something that would live on like a second american revolution or something like that. I know that feeling, I figure in due time we will all meet up with our destiny. I know for a fact i was not meant for contemporary society though.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I also have this feeling. But the question is, is this feeling from some actual calling, some event in the future? Or is it a source of purpose we created as a result from exposure to a society that has rejected us?

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
all you need to remember is that we are animals....

Just like the animals of a forest that is on fire in one area all the forest animals "know" when to leave.... Its just that signal in us humans.... only since we are not listening too well to it , it just keeps ringing an ringing an ringing.... hopefuly some of us got the message.... Your very calling may be a leader to a bunch of unprotected people... Your skills an info could help others greatly

this is our gift, the gift of empathy.... we know when to help.... just alot of us feel an wish we could right now....

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Funny you say that Trance Optic... I'm leaving where I am right now and I'm moving south to the mountains. I have been stocking up on survival stuff and also securing my food and shelter. I don't know what's going to happen but I have that feeling.

Also, since I have memory I don't feel very human more animal like.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
One of the best courses to take for Sitx are plantation, fishing, hunting, and a medical course when in the wild. Those 4 are the most important.

1) Plantation - Just because there are a variety of poisonous plants in the wild. If you can't tell the difference then you will most likely not last long. Unless of course you will solely live off meat.

2) Hunting - Some may think it is easy but far from it. You need great aim, stamina, and patience to hunt. A plus would be skinning the animal you killed. It would provide a nice warm coat for the winter.

3) Fishing - Fishing is pretty easy but there are a lot of poisonous fish. If you can't tell one from the other then don't fish. Statistics indicate that venomous fish outnumber venomous snakes. There is also an estimate of at least 1,200 different types of poisonous fish.

4) Emergency medical course - Last but not least. You should always be prepared for the worst case scenario. You never know when you might slip and break your leg in the wild, or if one of your friends is attacked. You should always know how to perform CPR, and should be able to fix a broken leg.

This web page is pretty helpful, but the best way to keep everything in your head is to actually go out and put the information to use.

SurvivalIQ

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Thanks for the tip Equinox99!

By the way, I have been reading up on that I bought like 3 survival books. One of them is as big as my torso and it has like everything. From what to eat and what plants are good and bad to how to make shelter and fish. I think it's pretty darn cool.

I have been biking to work to gain stamina and also been going hiking often.

new topics

top topics

join