It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What If: Horrible Thoughts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I just had a few thoughts on the upcoming Police State, when or if, in case you are still observing the events around you. I was watching I Love the Millennium on VH1 when they began to discuss and joke about the Bill O'Reilly, a popular media mind stationed on Fox News, scandal of 2004. When he propositioned a female producer, Andrea Mackris, for certain explicit behaviors and fantasies of his.

I'm not going to say everyone here believes that most of the media is covering up the crimes on our freedom or important events in this Nation, but doesn't it make you think what they are getting in return? If someone like Bill O'Reilly thinks he can have anyone he wants, thinking he has some sort of power and unknown status to us, then what is there to stop him when this happens? There are more people like him and more who have been paid off or promised certain things.

How horrible and terrifying is a world where a crooked man could walk into your home and take you as a slave or worse? What annoys me is usually I see threads like,"Is the New World Order really a bad thing?" or "I don't think a police state is that bad." Well how is this for a reason?
Right now we have laws of course to pursue these crimes and fight back, but in a Police State you have nothing. The people that do these things do and if not there is nothing to stop them. No justice will be served by a court during that time.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
it wouldn't be people like o'rielly (excuse my grammar) who you should be afraid of, it should be the people in the police and the military who would enforce a police state. if a police state and the nwo takes place in the future there will be two sides among law enforcment, some would not comply to the change a fight back along with the people, and then there would be the ones who would be offered a little power and money and would fold to the new nation. our government could pull a hitler if possible and offer prisoners freedom and use them as enforcment against whomever they like. if they try to enforce a police state there would be a rebellion of the largest scale you would ever see in your lifetime, wouldn't be a smart idea on the governments part.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   

it wouldn't be people like o'rielly (excuse my grammar) who you should be afraid of, it should be the people in the police and the military who would enforce a police state.

Well I actually meant that people with that power, which I believe military and police men will have power of course. People that hover over you and command you because in the Police State you are beneath them. The whole idea of the thread was just about people who have unknown power and seem to flaunt it though most people are oblivious and how it will increase. Bill O'Reilly is just an example really.

if they try to enforce a police state there would be a rebellion of the largest scale you would ever see in your lifetime, wouldn't be a smart idea on the governments part.

Of course there would be a rebellion, though as you said some would fight back and some would choose the law enforcement, but there is more than two sides. There will always be a third, Neutral side. People who are fearful, more of which is children who are confused and cant fight back, they will sit back. They won't rebel from fear and they can't fight back. A Police State isn't a smart idea, but I said if for some of you that don't believe as you have said.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Please forgive me if my first post and topic seemed to confuse you about the point. Didn't mean to mislead or cause any confusion. I am simply talking about corruption and what could happen to women, and even children, in a Police State. Though from History certain situations like that have occured in a Dictatorship or controlled population.

new topics

top topics

join