It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What role do you believe music plays in the universe?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Is music a phenomena?

a more advanced version of sound?

Do you believe there is something powerful in music aside from its emotional effects on human beings?

idk, i love music, it would be cool if there was something spiritually great about it, as opposed to mentally and physically.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 05:04 AM
link   
.. maybe i ought to move this thread to the phenomena section? but it does have to do with universal laws, as proclaimed by such or a God.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Hey there...there is a fabulous thread here about music and sound

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Personally, I think of music as a universal language, that can be used for healing, meditation, communication and many other things...maybe it's even creative in itself, making plants grow and mountians form...we've only scratched the surface of what it can do.

Cait

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by lively

I read somewhere that the - I'm sure I'm about to misuse terms here - leftover three degrees above absolute zero cosmic background microwave radiation, that they currently like to cite as the lingering echo of the big bang, could, if you were so inclined, be expressed as a musical note, again misusing my memory to say, C ten to the 21st power below middle C on your piano keyboard, something of that flavor.
Presumably if you were to gin it up to modulate a tone coming out of a speaker that was in our human range of hearing, it would sound like either "hisssss" or "Ommmmmmmm", right?

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Personal observations:

A single prolonged tone hummed will coax a snail to come out of its shell.

Cats seem to like music if not played to loudly and have varying tastes but mostly smooth subtile beats and music over vocals like R&B, 80's pop, and funk over C&W and rap.

Dogs seem to care less about music on their own but will react to people's reactions to music.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar
Personal observations:

A single prolonged tone hummed will coax a snail to come out of its shell.

Man I am now officially interested in getting a tuning fork next to the snail and seeing what happens. Are we talking about the dry snail or the wet one who might have been coming back out in a minute anyway. This is of interest, thanks.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by nine-eyed-eel

Not sure what you mean by wet and dry snails exactly but I would think it has more to do with the resounance driving them out like when you were kids and your little brother put a box over his head and you drummed on the box to the point that all he wanted was to get out from under it.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I only opended this thread because something regarding music has been on my mind.

I read a long time ago, a book where a guy was claiming that the bible spoke of the stars playing music to man. Something about the vibration of the stars being audible.

According to this kat,
it had a very calming effect on human being thousands of years ago.

There could be a connection between what he claimed and why babies love lullaby's even today.. I don't know.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I believe music is universal, and that there is music that has effects on humans as well as animals.
I rember when I first heard Jean Michael Jarre ( i suggest his works titled equinox, and oxygene) there was something familiar about it. And when you listen to it (or when I listen) you can almost imagin some other worldly being listening, wile traversing the universe.
There are other musicians, but Jarre is a great place to start.

new topics

top topics

join