It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will free energy save our collective bums ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Free energy would never be free! Unless Earth turned into the Utopian society ....but we all know that will never happen

Best Regards,

Richie

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
true, but my invention would pay for itself in a couple months, then it would be free.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by survivalsurfer

I think one 'free energy' device does pollute.
The 'free energy' triangle craft that makes high altitude trails.
The motors' metals are being pulled apart and making metallic compounds.

You can't cause static charges in the air without shedding some of the
metal from the coils.

Plasma si, pollution no.

ED: Wars for 'free energy' resources would wage.
Instead of being secret now.

[edit on 6/30/2008 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu
I looked over your link... not too shabby.

But what I am discussing here is more than a wish or hope or work of fiction. please don't take me wrong; I admire and respect the talents authors have. For many years, science fiction has been a peephole through which we can glimpse ideas or concepts that become a reality in the due course of time.

I am watching an episode of Star Trek as I type this, a great example. I have heard it said that the only things on the original series that are not today a reality (technologically) are the transporter and warp drive. I can think of nothing else that cannot be accomplished with today's technology.

But there are sections of your tome that I am having trouble accepting as a future glimpse. Perhaps you re correct, and in a way I hope you are, but I cannot see this coming to pass, because:

• The world is filled with human beings. these human beings have consistently proven themselves throughout history as selfish and greedy, even to the point of killing each other on a wholesale fashion, destroying that precious spark of life in preference of things which are inert and mindless.
  • The present world as we know it is capitalistic. That means that those who do not work, should not eat (I state this as a definition, not a conviction). While this obviously is far from a utopian situation, it does effectively limit the laziness that is also inherent in the vast majority of our species.
  • Any change this drastic to our society would take a substantial time period to accomplish, and would harm those who are presently in power. Do you really think this would be accepted peacefully and without resistance (violence)? I do not.
  • Assuming that this change to a more 'utopian' society were even possible to accomplish, what would happen to those who embraced it first? Without money for food, most would starve. The results of their efforts would be used to line the pockets of those already in power, who resist the movement, placing them in a position of more power. That is counterproductive to your vision, but an almost absolute certainty given the propensities of our species and the history of such.
  • Dark matter/dark energy at this point in time is simply a construct. In other words, it is simply a tool used to explain what we do not understand about observed phenomena, until we do understand it. Perhaps some day we will understand what this 'dark stuff' is, but until we do, it is silly to anticipate what it is, especially to compare it to electricity and combustion (two completely different phenomena) in the same breath, claiming some sort of knowledge about it.
  • I was discussing actual methods of producing real, usable energy right now, as opposed to some fantasy version of an unknown. We do not need dark stuff to provide low-cost plentiful energy... the energy we need is all around you as I speak.

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join