It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Very Scary, Very Disturbing Blog Post About The Coming 2008 Economic Crash

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Seems like a mix of new and old information, of truths and no thruths.
I will share with you what my banker told me 9 months ago or better, "If the economy does take a dive, we will all be in the same boat."

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
There has been talk of this sort of thing since the election of Reagan. Before that it was the Cuban missile crisis. How many people remember the Duck and Cover drills, and backyard bomb shelters. We have become a nation of paranoid scaredy cats. And we should be. Misinformation can be used over and over till warnings of impending doom isn't taken seriously, leaving everyone that isn't clued in at a disadvantage. This is different. The threat is from within our corporate owned government.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Swingarm

The site with the coins is a joke, I could throw up a website like that in minutes.. here is a little proof that the site is a joke.

www.dc-coin.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Seems like a mix of new and old information, of truths and no thruths.
I will share with you what my banker told me 9 months ago or better, "If the economy does take a dive, we will all be in the same boat."

To a certain extent yes, we all will be depressed... I go to Save A Lot and I have to actually work when I go there. They put the stuff that's going to expire on top of everything else which is logical. I can get 2009 and 2010 canned goods if I move the stuff around.

I had the manager yelling at me one day but I told him I would put everything back the way I found it and I did. He just shook his head but he let me carry on.

My pantry used to be stocked. Now i use that for Ammo. Now the back of my garage is stocked with canned goods and if nothing happens I can just drop the stuff at a food kitchen.

I hope nothing does happen but I am not willing to take that chance. I hope there are a lot more people that think like me out there or I am as good as dead...

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Some good points here and there.

I do stick by my point however: if such thing were to happen, no doubt a revolution would be born to rebel against the ideas that the government would even try to commit upon us.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by windwaker

if the crash leads to NESARA then i'm all for it...
www.nesara.us...

A Message by George Carlin:

The paradox of our time in history is that we have taller buildings but shorter tempers, wider Freeways, but narrower viewpoints. We spend more, but have less, we buy more, but enjoy less. We have bigger houses and smaller families, more conveniences, but less time. We have more degrees but less sense, more knowledge, but less judgment, more experts, yet more problems, more medicine, but less wellness.

We drink too much, smoke too much, spend too recklessly, laugh too little, drive too fast, get too angry, stay up too late, get up too tired, read too little, watch TV too much, and pray too seldom.

We have multiplied our possessions, but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often.

We've learned how to make a living, but not a life. We've added years to life not life to years. We've been all the way to the moon and back, but have trouble crossing the street to meet a new neighbor. We conquered outer space but not inner space. We've done larger things, but not better things.

We've cleaned up the air, but polluted the soul. We've conquered the atom, but not our prejudice. We write more, but learn less. We plan more, but accomplish less. We've learned to rush, but not to wait. We build more computers to hold more information, to produce more copies than ever, but we communicate less and less.

These are the times of fast foods and slow digestion, big men and small character, steep profits and shallow relationships. These are the days of two incomes but more divorce, fancier houses, but broken homes. These are days of quick trips, disposable diapers, throwaway morality, one night stands, overweight bodies, and pills that do everything from cheer, to quiet, to kill. It is a time when there is much in the showroom window and nothing in the stockroom. A time when the technology can bring this letter to you, and a time when you can choose either to share this insight, or to just hit delete...

Remember; spend some time with your loved ones, because they are not going to be around forever.

Remember, say a kind word to someone who looks up to you in awe, because that little person soon will grow up and leave your side.

Remember, to give a warm hug to the one next to you, because that is the only treasure you can give with your heart and it doesn't cost a cent.

Remember, to say, "I love you" to your partner and your loved ones, but most of all mean it. A kiss and an embrace will mend hurt when it comes from deep inside of you.

Remember to hold hands and cherish the moment for someday that person will not be there again.

Give time to love, give time to speak! And give time to share the precious thoughts in your mind.

AND ALWAYS REMEMBER:

** Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Well I believe we all knew this was going to come anyway. I started food storage over a year ago and now have enough food for about a year. Plus I have water to last a couple months or more. I am glad I live near a river! My sons are the only ones that know I have done this, and I have been trying to encourage friends to do this as well. Do you think they have listened?? NOT>

That aside, I find it interesting that the Mormons have been practicing food storage for years. Most of them have a year or two of food storage. If you put religion aside for the moment, as human we should be smart. We have gotten all caught up in the instant gratification and forgot that we might want to have a can of beans for next month instead of having a new pair of earrings.

It's common sense to keep extra living supplies in the house. The best way to keep food that you will store is to get dry foods. Canned foods are good but eventually will sour somewhere down the road. But I believe having water is the most important survival 'food' any of us need.

As far as the camps are concerned, I am just wondering millions in camps, why?? How would that benefit anyone? What would be the point? What is the purpose of having that many people in one place?

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
We all know a depression is coming, seeing as how we're in a recession right now. Who knows how bad off we will be, but what are we going to do about it? Worry? Stress? If it comes let it come. I think it would be good for Americans to revisit times of pas ingenuity, self sufficiency, and independence that we saw in my great grandmothers generation.

I doubt they're going to round people up and stick them in a barbwire cage. Law enforcement and military are not robots, but rather our brothers, sisters, fathers, uncles, etc... They're not going to go hoarding the masses into razor wire cages because they were told to do so. And even if that is a reality, do you think that we are all docile beings? Do you think there will not be outrage?

If "it" comes, it will be completely economic, and it will shake our foundation, but after so much gluttony and greed, I think it's more necessary at this point than not.

Grow your own food.
Conserve.
Plan ahead.
Do good works within and outside of your community.
Be a responsible gun owner.

It's not the end of the world because we can't stuff ourselves through drive-throughs, drive our Escalades, or buy that 6,000 square foot home we've been eyeing.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

Excellent post DFB!..........I agree 100%.

My only concern is the possilbility of a Manchurian Canidate scenarion on a mass scale with our Military. Mass brainwash.

I pray it won't happen and this will only be a financial meltdown..02c

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by cashlink

Now why, THE HELL, isn't that the top headline on the news here in US! For crying out loud!!!

Do you know how frustrating this is? I am trying to do all that I can to keep myself safe, and everyone around me is oblivious.

No one is preparing in New York it seems. No one is stocking food. No one is preparing "go" bags. You know, right down the street from me there is a supermarket that has Chef Boyardee cans for sale for a dollar each. I started stocking up on these months ago, but I gave them away thinking that I was being irrational in my instinctive need to hoarde food...but I was wrong!

Tomorrow, first thing: buy as much canned foods as possible, as much Poland Spring as possible, and prepare a go bag...Then I'm going to the Travelex office and I'm going to get some cold hard Euros to stash (Like it will do any good).

Friday I put $1000 in GLD stock in a futile attempt to buy gold before the coming collapse. I bought it Friday because by the time Monday comes, GLD stock will probably be $20 more a share!

You can't tell normal people about all of this, because if you do, they think you are crazy. But the proof is all around us. If they don't believe you, they use God as a cop-out. "Don't worry. God will take care of everything." they say. What if this is what God wants!

People who are religious are so arrogant that they think their little speck of a Life can prevent catastrophe in a vast universe of existence.

I have friends who are about to make tons of money shorting the stock market. We all knew that the market would collapse, but we are still in awe today because we never thought it would happen this quickly! The collapse is early, my friends.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I am going to the grocery store right now, 8:50 PM EST. Screw this.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinktip

Thank you.

I don't think there will be. But, there will be us and our willpower to get by. These things happen, especially in a capitalist system. A, being a strong economy and B, being a depression are inevitable. It's what we do between those two points that will determine how well we get through it, not to mention our character and well being.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

It's a thought that I have occasionally, but it's too unacceptable to entertain. I really hope not.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Well the NAU is supposed to be created for 2010. So you'll have an economic crash BEFORE 2011.

Also, they may go for another president, if I were them I would. Obama is a the new fake Kennedy. Lot of charism, still establishment, he can do a lot of things for the NWO. They can even crash the economy and they will blame it on Bush, not Obama. They will probably have a new terrorist attack in 09, to inaugurate the new president.. and give him more powers.

They can also take Obama and Hillary as VP and let kill Obama by some mind controlled nutjob and round up ``patriots`` because their mentality killed Obama... something like that.

Obama is below Hillary in the ranks of power.

So I don't think it will happen this year, but it could.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Im not a religious person by any means, but reading that blog entry and the nasty posts that followed, I couldnt help but picture this guy being a modern day Moses trying to warn the goobers of the approaching flood.

No doubt the eceonimic crash is coming, we are in the perfect storm right now for the entire system to collapse.

The dollar is falling, the stock market is bottoming out, there is a racially charged election about to happen, and a greedy set of political leaders who want to keep their positions of power at all cost.

I will honestly be suprised if we make it to 2009 without some sort of catastrophe taking place. Call it instinct or a gut feeling, but things are about to change in a very serious way. I guess according to this guy, we wont have to wait long to find out.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

I don't think you are getting the picture. If the Government does start rounding up people we will probably we will be the one helping them and even applauding them. It will most be carried out in some kind of disguise. For instance, lets start off with financial fraudsters. The authorities will say to you and justify the rounding up of people with "hey these are the people who are responsbile for you losing your homes...the money speculators...or the oil speculators who drove the price of oil so high as to bring about the economic calamity...the mob mentaility will kick in.

It has already started with the Real Estate fraud case where there was an arrest of 400 people.

see the link below

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by solarstorm
Medicine, Energy, Retirement, Food, Education, Consumer debt....I see these things at or near crisis mode. And I think most of the crisis has been engineered...what do you guys think?

I think you are correct. Countries rise and fall. America may be on an a descent. If there is a silver lining , I do not think the top wrung of the ladder will be able to stay in control of the situation. As with all other elites that have come before them when their country falls they fall hard. The harder they try to stay in control the harder they will fall. Someone from the military will probably end up in control when all is said and done. Many prosperous people are fleeing to the Cook islands. Those of you who are poor should flee to Oklahoma( or one of the other states that are currently a thorn in the side of the inbred elites) you will probably be better off in Oklahoma than you would be in other countries. When America falls people in other countries will turn on Americans.

There is no point in trying to go back to what America once was because in the past America was a flawed place which has led to the current situation. The education system became a tool the elites used to keep those who were not destined to be part of the system debased. The medical system was taken over eugenicists. The system of food distribution has resulted in an epedimic of disease and obesity; this was by design. Those who are not on the top wrung will have a more secure future if the elitists of this country are not able to continue with their long term plans.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienj
Also if the American dollar crumble I believe Canada is set to switch over to the European dollar, not the Amero..lol.

Canada has its our own dollar that is not tied to the US dollar in any way. The CDN$ has risen steadily against world currencies while the US$ has dropped.

Exactly why would Canada switch to the Euro if the US$ collapses?

economics.about.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by xander68

This is exactly correct. ATS has really gone down hill, its filled now with endless end-of-the-world fantasies. People want so badly for something horrible to happen to lift them out of their mundane lives, they are wishing for the worst. 2008 will come and go without any sort of global economic crash - and people will ignore it, and act like these posts never happened. Then someone will post about a 2009 global crash, and it will start all over again.

Anyone who has a Economics 101 course would be able to tell all this hysteria is nothing but extreme paranoid and delusional fantasies. The type of events required to cause a global economic crash are not on the horizon. About the only way people are going to get lucky and have their wish fulfilled on this is an asteroid or some natural world-wide disaster.

What I find most hilarious is all of the doom and gloomers thinking they are so enlightened and saying things like "the sheep won't wake up" and telling everyone who disagrees with them that they are "sleeping." The only people sleeping are the doom and gloomers, they are being fed exactly the kind of hysteria Armageddon scenarios the media wants them to believe in.

The new motto of ATS should be "Deny Ignorance - Except for anyone posts orgasmic end of the world stuff, then everyone quickly embrace it and wish hard enough for it."

Remember everyone, just because you desire doom and desperately want to believe in every economic apocalypse made up...doesn't mean its going to happen. If a global economic collapse - or even an actual USA depression - occurs in the next 5 years and not due to a global natural disaster, I will personally ask the mods to ban me. I'm quite sure I won't need to.

[edit on 28-6-2008 by ALightinDarkness]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I would hate to think that I would have to guard my home all of the time to keep from having what food I have stolen or at gun point by roving bands.

I used to know a guy in Wisconsin that buried his weapons, ammo and food. He built a kitchen table that could be used as a baracade to shoot from. I'm fairly certain the government shot him,...unintentionally of course. His father was a white supremist that was filled with so much hate; just listening to the guy could give you cancer.

I have debated about cashing in my 401k but the thought of giving the government a 'stimulus check' through the taxes on it stops me. I've lost what I gained over the past 5 years already. I thought about rolling it over into an IRA and taking enough out for an electric scooter. But, I'm also guessing I'll lose money rolling it over now also. I'm soooo confused.

I guess I'll just procrastinate as usual and watch the news until I can't anymore.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join