It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush's Legacy: The Greatest American President?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Article here

Have i completly lost my mind?

No, hear me out.

As most of you should know, Yesterday, the US suprume court ruled in favor of upholding the second ammendment.

Amendment 2 - Right to Bear Arms. Ratified 12/15/1791. Note

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

This key issue, was brought before the supreme court floor, and the 2nd ammendment was reaffirmed. By a slim 5-4 vote.

I think we need to take a step back and realise how close we just were to having our guns snatched. How close we were to having our most important US-given right takeing away.

The second admentment is the foundation for this country, what good are ANY of the other ammendments without the right to protect our selfs? BOTH, BOTH of President Bushes appointies to the supreme court VOTED with the second ammendment.

Its more then highly likely that is either Gore in 2000, or Kerry in 2004 were elected president, they would not have appointed so called Moderate-COnseravtives, like bush did. Rather then judges in the form of Clarence Thomas, we would have had 2 more judges like Ruth BaterGinsburg.

In all seriousness, if either Gore or Kerry were president for the last 7 and 1/2 years, todaay its more then likely, we would be living in a diffrent America. We would have had our guns taken away. Our most important right...

The second ammendment is alive today BECAUSE of GWBush. We were one vote away from the loss of our second ammendment. If the high court would have taken away the second ammendment, ALL HELL would have broken lose in the US. I doubt that people would say, "oh look, Ruth Baterginsburg says we cant be trusted with guns, only the goverment can have huns, lets give up all our guns!"....

Probaly wouldn't of happened that way.

George W Bush, our president, saved this country. For all his problems, and all the horrible decisions he made, this outcome is BY FAR the most important result from his presidency.

I mean what i am saying here.

GWBush SAVED this country. He added at least a few more years of American History.

The vote was as close enough as it was, 5-4, that means there are 4 supreme court judges that are incapible of reading... or outreighct dont care.

Do you people realise this? Can you imagine if you woke up, and the 2nd ammendment was no longer valid? I mean, this is truely astonishing...

realise this, for the first time SINCE 1791, the issue of YOUR gun rights were debated at the HIGHEST LEVEL OF OUR US JUDUCAIL SYSTEM. for the first time in over 200 years... this is one of the most basic, and open ammendments, thats why for 200+ years, there was no questions as to what it means... now the facist gun grabbers, are trying to take away our most fundimental American Right.

Realise, that it was by the appointements of GWBush, ALONE, that has saved this country from the unspeakable, at least for a while longer...

I am no GWBush fan, but this IS his legacy, he should be remembered as the president taht saved our guns...

Now some good quotes...

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."
Samuel Adams "The Father of the American Revolution"

"The right of self-defense never ceases. It is among the most sacred, and alike necessary to nations and to individuals."
President James Monroe (November 16, 1818)

"On every question of construction (of the Constitution) let us carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates, and instead of trying what meaning may be squeezed out of the text, or invent against it, conform to the probable one in which it was passed."
Thomas Jefferson letter to William Johnson, June 12, 1823

"I hope, therefore, a bill of rights will be formed to guard the people against the Federal government as they are already guarded against their State governments, in most instances."
Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, 1788. ME 7:98

"Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state."
Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826), US Founding Father, drafted the Declaration of Independence, 3rd US President

"One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them."
Thomas Jefferson to George Washington, 1796

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
Thomas Jefferson, Proposed Virginia Constitution, 1776

"None but an armed nation can dispense with a standing army. To keep ours armed and disciplined is therefore at all times important."
Thomas Jefferson 1803

"For a people who are free, and who mean to remain so, a well organized and armed militia is their best security."
Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826), US Founding Father, drafted the Declaration of Independence, 3rd US President. Source: Eighth Annual Message, November 8, 1808

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercise, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball and others of that nature are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson's advice to his 15 year-old nephew

"Among the natural rights of the colonists are these: first, a right to life, secondly to liberty, thirdly to property; together with the right to defend them in the best manner they can."
Samuel Adams

"The said Constitution [shall] be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms."
Samuel Adams of Massachusetts -- U.S. Constitution ratification convention, 1788

"Suppose that we let a regular army, fully equal to the resources of the country, be formed; and let it be entirely at the devotion of the federal: still it would not be going to far to say that the State governments with the people at their side would be able to repel the danger...half a million citizens with arms in their hands"
James Madison, The Federalist Papers

"Arms in the hands of the citizens may be used at individual discretion for the defense of the country, the overthrow of tyranny or private self-defense."
John Adams (1735-1826) Founding Father, 2nd US President

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclination, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
John Adams (1735-1826) Founding Father, 2nd US President

"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large, is that they be properly armed."
Alexander Hamilton

"The right of self-defense never ceases. It is among the most sacred, and alike necessary to nations and to individuals."
President James Monroe (November 16, 1818)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
George Washington

"The hour is fast approaching, on which the Honor and Success of this army, and the safety of our bleeding Country depend. Remember officers and Soldiers, that you are Freemen, fighting for the blessings of Liberty that slavery will be your portion, and that of your posterity, if you do not acquit yourselves like men."
George Washington

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole body of the people except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them..."
George Mason

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

"The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able may have a gun."
Patrick Henry

"The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword, because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops..."
Noah Webster, An Examination of The Leading Principles of the Federal Constitution, Philadelphia 1787

"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe."
Noah Webster

I could go on and on... but heres the point

For all the Flack Bush gets, for all the therioes saying the he is marching towards a NWO, and that he is an evil man, and that he is a moron....

HE, HE appointed TWO people who voted WITH the US Constitution, and our Founding fathers, GWBush has apointed 2 people who WILL vote to uphold the basic tenets of AMERICAN life.

On that alone, GWBush will be remembered in good light, as he should be, we were the vote of just one person away, JUST ONE PERSON, and we wouldn't be living in what could be called The Untied States of America, a federal Republic.

So here are the Names of the people who voted WITH America, and FOR the constitution:
John G. Roberts, Jr. (appointed by GWBush)
Antonin Scalia (appointed by Regan)
Anthony M. Kennedy (Regan)
Clarence Thomas (GHBush)
Samuel Anthony Alito (GWBush)

Now here are the Justices, who VOTED AGAINST AMERICA, and her founding documents and fathers:
Stephen G. Breyer (clinton)
Ruth Bader Ginsburg(Clinton)
David Hackett Souter (GHBush)
John Paul Stevens (ford)

I have to give GWBush credit for this, with either gore of Kerry, we would have seen Judges Like the CLinton Nominated Ruth BaderGinsburg... and thats not a good thing...

I rest my case, and IF you read this mush, thanks

i would like your opinion

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
very nice thank you i was wondering who actually voted against guns. you are right there would have been an uproar and mobs in the streets, they would have to pry mine from my dead cold fingers stars for you

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
When 'they' want your guns, 'they'll' just come and take them. If you're willing to die for your guns, 'they'll' be sure to oblige. Regardless of a Supreme Court ruling, anyone who wants a gun can get one.

You need to start thinking in terms of 'them' instead of 'left-right'. Bush, Scalia, Kerry and Bader-Ginsberg will all be laughing at you peeing your pants when the time comes.

Peace

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Yes, Bush appointing two CONSERVATIVE judges to the Supreme Court was a very important step in American history. To me, this is one issue that must be considered in this next Presidential election: what kind of judges would Obama or McCain appoint to the Supreme Court?

We were indeed very close.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
i could be wrong - but all they did was rule on the DC handgun ban.

I understand it sets a precident...but it doesnt really do anything other than that...

I believe each state/city should be allowed to control guns in their own way

i've touched on this in a few other posts

if

City A has 5,000 murders a year contributed to gun violence

and City B has 122 murders a year contributed to gun violence

then City A should be able to ban guns at their discretion
and City B should be able to keep guns at their discrtion

...just my humble opinion

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I sincerely predict this next President will be our last, and if there are any Americans left, either a)there won't be a government to take our guns, or b)there won't be a supposedly Republican, or Democratic government anyways. They have already taken away our guns big enough to get rid of any government tyrants, so now we only are 'permitted' to have pea-shooters. .50 caliber goes right thru a flak jacket, or an engine block. Monroe stated the reason we are to have weapons is to overthrow the certain tyranny that Washington would/did come to. He didn't forsee a monopoly on the press.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
He didn't save this country, and the Supreme Court decision stinks of a puppet show to me. He's merely made you think he and his cronies are standing for your rights, when in fact their only motivation is to get us to quit griping about it.

As a guy who was caught transporting 2 (as in two) grams of the most evil substance on the planet (marijuana) across state lines, I am not allowed to own or possess a gun. I've got to protect my family with rocks and sticks because of 1/14th of an ounce of pot. Here in Colorado, possession of an ounce or less means a $100 ticket. Yet my 2nd amendment right has been stripped from me, and I see clearly, the same right being stripped from everyone else, while their looking the other way. Guess what, with this Supreme Court decision, they've got you looking the other way. Give them an excuse, and it'll be gone in an instant. Don't give them an excuse, and one will be manufactured. Watch.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

This whole thing that plays out, is something that was long prepared and the time to dispense has arrived. Just look back for a moment and note that ashcroft was especially hired to work out the Official Gagging Orders and he's gone....so did the others who did their bit to screw us all.

Fact : We are now governed by a group of Gestapos and do not be surprised if Massive Prisons are kept in place for citizens, who do not tow the line, with marching orders like sheep......That is why, they desperately want GUN FREE Sheepheads

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
You know this setup this second amendment long ago.Just leave the damn thing alone.Its stupid idiots who want to ban guns since they just have nothing better to do.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   

The Supreme Court just overturned a handgun band for DC, they didn't save or guns. Our guns are not any safer (or in any more danger) now than they were before this decision.

George Bush had little to do with it.

Any why is this in the Decision 2008 Forum? George Bush is not running. Is he? He's not, is he?

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Im voting for GHBush

i dont care if he cant be elected

Go Bush Go Bush Go Bush

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Any intelligent person would not overlook the numerous violations of the Constitution that the Bush Administration has knowingly committed in favor of him appointing 2 judges that supported overturning a gun ban in DC.

Lauding Bush as a protector of the Constitution is like congratulating FDR for his great service to Japanese Americans.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Excellent Post! I will unfortunately have to say that GW should never be remembered as even quasi respectable! While i do believe that Alito and Roberts are a balancing force in The Supreme Court, their respective votes on a number of controversial issues leaves something to be desired.

Just for fun Google Alito and Roberts and read some of the articles about these two Justices.

Thanks for te Post it gave me some fresh insights!

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Actually the rulling handed down defines what exactly our right is

1. The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home

Ruling

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   
We as a people don't have to let the Supreme court give us the permission to keep and bare arms. You and only you have the right to keep the rights in which you have in this country. For the Second A. was put in place for us to keep our government from going crazy over what you and I can do.
If it comes to it, you have the right to stand against the government in peaceful protest and if that fails, then you have the right, nay, the duty to remove those in power above you.
Our guns rights are not in question but are you willing to use the tools our forefathers gave us to keep things in order here? The tools are the guns in which everyone has a right to have, will you let them take them from you for the security of our nation? Nay, for it is the guns that keep our nation secure. Don't play into their game "we the government protect you from harm". It is and always will be "WE THE PEOPLE" that secures our nation from a government gone crazy and other nations that want to do us harm.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   

sad to say,but the american gov..has been selling us out since the 1930's...i think thats when they started.

i found a vid collection that is both sad and funny in a way...

P1

p2
www.youtube.com...
p3
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Thank you for all the replys...

In my opinion, a presidents supreme court appointees is the biggest thing a president does.

Supreme court appointees are on the supreme court FOR LIFE!

A president for the most, can only be in power 8 years, there is a supreme court justice that has been there since the FORD presidency...

The supreme court wasnt made to be the most powerful branch of the US goverment, but, it has evoled into it...

For all his shortcomings, GWBush appointed TWO justices that so far, seem to be good justices...

And this relates to this curent election.

OVer the next 8 years, ONE of the justices proably will need to be replaced. AND at a time, when the courts are split, with only a 5-4 majority, this appointment is going to be HUGE.

You realy have to think who these people will appoint as a Supreme court justice.

Who is going to appoint better supreme court justices??? I have got to think, that McCain will appoint better justices...

Ive seen NOTHING, that makes me think that Obama will be able to appoint someone who has a good judgement of morality, and interpritation of the constitusion... i mean, one of his best buddies, can interpret, "God DAMM America" from the bible... so WHO knows what kind of monster Obama would appoint...

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 05:08 AM
link   
I don't agree, but I thoroughly enjoyed reading it, especially some of the quotes.

However, for a real look at what Bush has "achieved" see the article link in this thread.

Doubtless some will agree, and some will disagree - but it's an interesting read, as was this.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
what good are guns against an army with disintegation beams, invisible craft, beaming technology. What, youll hear a ding of the bullet off the hull, then youll be laser beamed.

In seriousness though our military would still win sadly over the people if push came to shove, they would in there brainwashed controlled state, always say yes sir, then shoot. like a trained elite gorilla with a remote control on its brain.

I respect those that serve with real honor, not pretend honor.

top topics

join