It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

50% Chance North Pole Will Be Ice-Free This Summer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   

50% Chance North Pole Will Be Ice-Free This Summer

www.thedailygreen.com

Buzz up!

According to media reports, climate scientists at the National Snow and Ice Data Center in Boulder, Colorado have been placing informal bets on the future of the North Pole. It seems the odds have been set at 50/50 for Santa and his elves to have to start treading water in September, as global warming continues to melt Arctic ice.

Already last September, the fabled Northwest Passage was opened up in Arctic ice.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.youtube.com
tristatehomepage.com

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
You guys still think Al Gore made it all up to sell carbon credits?

www.thedailygreen.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Rhetorical question about Al Gore.....not what this thread is about.

[edit on 27-6-2008 by Grafilthy]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Yes, Al Gore is only into Global Warming because it's making him huge amounts of money.

The Earth goes in cycles, and we are entering a new cycle. Yeah, our carbon emissions aren't helping the Earth, but they sure as hell aren't the cause of what is happening.

Global Warming shouldn't even be the real word used to describe what is happening, it should be Solar System Climate Change, because that is what's happening. Planets throughout our solar system are having just as much climate change as we are, and I've yet to see any aliens driving H3 Hummers around Mars and Saturn.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Al Gore is a dumb idiot who was pushing "You people are to blame for the global warming!", it is a natural phase so deal with it. We can do nothing to prevent it. We pay carbon taxes so the government can afford bigger houses. The sooner people realize that the sooner we could stop giving Al Gore money to fund his expensive house.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
OK, beside the gore and global warming bashing not matter who is lying or who is reaping profits, this is going to affect the entire world.

Now me, well even when its sad that the ice is melting cycle or no I can not wait to see the treasures that may be hidden under all that ice.

After all the north pole no always had ice on it, it was a time when it was habitable.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Now me, well even when its sad that the ice is melting cycle or no I can not wait to see the treasures that may be hidden under all that ice.

Remember how much Russia wants to claim the arctic? The treasure is OIL.
Think about it....what if they are doing this intentionally just to get at all that oil under there. That to me would be a terrible and grand conspiracy.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
OK, beside the gore and global warming bashing not matter who is lying or who is reaping profits, this is going to affect the entire world.

It's not going to affect the entire world because the story is not accurate or at least is being disingenuous. What the story fails to mention is that there is more artic ice now than at this same time last year. The story also fails to mention the underwater volcanos affecting the water temperature. This story is being circulated in order to produce fear and promote the global warming agenda.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

This story is being circulated in order to produce fear and promote the global warming agenda.

Really? So there is no problem?

Good to know, cause I was starting to worry that all those "scientists" might be right.

"It has never occurred before in the past," NASA senior research scientist Josefino Comiso said in a phone interview. "It is alarming. ... This winter ice provides the kind of evidence that it is indeed associated with the greenhouse effect."

They go on to say...

Scientists and climate models have long predicted a drop in winter sea ice, but it has been slow to happen. Skeptics of global warming have pointed to the lack of melting ice as a flaw in global-warming theory.

The latest findings are "coming more in line with what we expected to find," said Mark Serreze, a senior research scientist at the National Snow and Ice Data Center in Boulder, Colo. "We're starting to see a much more coherent and firm picture occurring."

"I hate to say we told you so, but we told you so," he said.

Do you work for Exxon??? Or, are you just trying to justify driving that Hummer?
Link to NASA scientists who think you are wrong.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
There is a pre-existing thread under this topic here.

Please add all further comments to the above linked thread.

Thank you.

Thread Closed.

new topics

top topics

join