It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The World Is Going Crazy....ATS can prove it!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   
As the topic says, the world is going crazy.

ATS is an example of this. The amount of people posting hate filled comments, the ludacrious posts about things such as reptillians and encounters with people that are meant to be psychic (BoulderMD) and time travellers!

Now at home.
Similar to ATS, just hidden. Their is hate every where, people hate people, and they dont even know why. Lack of education? Lack of understanding? Who Knows?
My family, going crazy, no one is considerate about any thing or any one. Very selfish.

Media.
The media contradicts itself. The morning show for example promotes vanity, at the same time shuns a girl for wanting breast implants. It talks about femininity, but shows women typically as being champagne drinking critics who just love make up and 'sex and the city'. Shows us guys as typical brutes, who just want to get laid. Attacks other races and cultures and does a segment the next day on charity and world vision.

By all means this is not a conspiracy, this is reality. Has any one noticed that its more obviosu society is going into a gradual implosion upon itself?

We can see the obvious examples here on ATS, from the unreported tragedies to well, the stupidity of some posters!

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by q_ball

q_ball,

Welcome to the world of hypermodernity!!

What is this?

Hypermodernity (also called "Supermodernity") differs from Modernity in that it has even more commitment to reason and to an ability to improve individual choice and freedom. Modernity merely held out the hope of reasonable change while continuing to deal with a historical set of issues and concerns; hypermodernity posits that things are changing so quickly that history is not a reliable guide. The positive changes of hypermodernity are supposedly witnessed through rapidly expanding wealth, better living standards, medical advances, and so forth. Individuals and cultures that benefit directly from these things can feel that they are pulling away from natural limits that have always constrained life on Earth.

But the negative effects also can be seen as leading to a soulless homogeneity as well as to accelerated discrepancies between different classes and groups.

en.wikipedia.org...

As we diversify, we also loose touch of what is / was important to us earlier in life. Family connections, space, time, values etc.

The speed of change turns a face to face in depth meaningful conversation into a childish text message with dialouge that is not even registered in any dictionary - false symbols of human emotion
: are used in lieu of the real thing.

With this, it becomes easer to illustrate negative emotions to others whilst hidding behind a one way mirror that is your computer screen or cell phone. It has become easier to hate than to love.

Just my take on it of course.

Breifne.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by q_ball

Now at home.
Similar to ATS, just hidden. Their is hate every where, people hate people, and they dont even know why. Lack of education? Lack of understanding? Who Knows?
My family, going crazy, no one is considerate about any thing or any one. Very selfish.

I feel you 100% my friend. Not just the family, but friends and also random people you interact with throughout society as well. I've been observing our society and the people in it and the way that they behave, quietly and to myself, over the course of .. well .. ever since I was 12 years old?

And I am here to say, I have concluded that the problems we uniquely face in our society in the United States of America, such as the ridiculously high crime rates, the ridiculously high drug addiction rates, among others, are perpetuated by us via the Capitalist lifestyle. When I say Capitalist lifestyle, I do not mean that everyone is intentionally acting any certain way. Alot of this is subconscious, alot of people end up being primarily the victims, and others.. primarily the aggressor or the oppressor. But let me go into some detail for you..

The Capitalist lifestyle is the lifestyle of brother versus brother. It is the lifestyle of competition with thy neighbor and even amongst your own family. It is the lifestyle of greed and the desire to possess all the materials, people, and power that you wish. However, when playing this game people go all out and pull out all the stops, viciously going after their fellow man to attain their materials and money. If we stopped competing with each other, our entire economy and society would come to a screeching halt.

So allow me to ask, How can you build something on the concept of this? You are literally embedding in each and every citizen's mind that they must be uber selfish, they must consider themselves first before others, they must not make personal sacrifices to help others, they must not help others directly (because every other citizen worse off than you is one less competitor for the time being) unless it is family and sometimes not even then, that they must do whatever it takes. Pitting citizens against each other and forcing them to step on each other's backs to attain any level of wealth and status beyond that of a normal no-named nobody like myself you see. There is no other way ... you must compete.

What people don't understand is .. eventually such a system will become dysfunctional, eventually malfunctioning completely. This is because with the greedy capitalist mindset; All of the politicians who've been in the house, senate, or white house for that matter have always passed laws and legislation which make the future generations the unfortunate people who must pay the debts that the government was making at that very moment. It's almost as if they do not expect the place to even be around by the time the debts need to be paid. Do you really think the multi-trillion dollar deficit will *ever* be paid off?

This way the government would not have to pay a red cent to see the implementation of multi-billion dollar changes and policies, expecting future generations to pick up the slack. Why do this? Because! It is Capitalism, it is the USA, this is how it works! You are constantly in the mindset of competition with your fellow neighbors whether you realize it or not, and something so simple as paying for legislature becomes yet another tool to make changes without being personally responsible for the money spent.

"Who cares, I'll be dead and so will my children before these things must be held to account."

[edit on 6/27/2008 by runetang]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
It is clear that it is all going crazy, and like said above its thru the people you meet too. I recently met a group of women and we have gone out a few times for dinner/drinks etc and I have to say, the mindset on these people are crazy. And im not just saying women, its also their friends they introduced me too - they are a whole different world with different norms and morals. They live on the other side of town, and I can say i thought people in my suburb where ignorant and stuck up, boy was I wrong! I can clearly see aspects of existentialism here, mostly in the sense of ''existence preceding essence'' - similar to Calum or Calus i think wrote about it. Every thing is for today, nothing is for tomorrow. Any aspects of spirituality are shrewd and absurd and not rationale (well rationale in terms of spirituality). Basically, shallow people. For this reason, Ive noticed this is a lot more people, in my family at home, my own friends, at work. There are so many issue, like said above, it has to eventually come crashing down on society. It can only get worse.

[edit on 28-6-2008 by q_ball]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Yes I'm with you 100%.It seems very strange that over the years I have become so aware of other people's wants and needs and I have become so sensitive to other peoples pain and despair that sometimes its overwhelming. For instance I would see a homeless person feel sorry for a minute then move on to my own problems.Now when I see a homeless person or someone in distress it hurts me inside to the point where I'm digging in my pockets to see what can I give to help.While at the same time I've notice love ones and friends becoming the opposite.I see love ones and friends with this wall around them shutting out those they don't know( and sometimes the ones they do) and trying not to get to know anyone new.Its sad.

[edit on 28-6-2008 by Tricky63]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
ive found that if any thing..im becoming less sensitive...i think the whole world is.

new topics

top topics

join