It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brain Pacemakers.... What????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I found this article that I found somewhat disturbing. They have been using "brain pacemakers" in persons that have Parkinson's Disease and other motor related illnesses.
They do include the "a few" of the more sinister concerns of putting these devices in a persons brain.
They also say it "might" be able to cure cluster headaches. I think I'd rather pop a couple advil.
Here's the link:
msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Since there are a lot of members that have knowledge of medical procedures.. can any one tell me why lobotomys were done? I thought that part of the brain was a source of not only anger but psychic ability.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   
it has something do to with the regulation of dopamine and 5-TH? serotonin.

I think dopamine is the reward neurotransmmitter. Lack of it can cause cardiovascualar problems, vasoconstriction, and migraines.

the pacemaker seeks to regulate dopamine (reward nuerotransmitter) , and serotonin (mood nuerotransmitter)

since im not a doctor and i dont really know that much about brain chemistry, here is the links

www.utexas.edu...

www.newscientist.com...(interesting off topic)

www.meds.com...(migraines treatment/pacemaker)

www.doctorketi.com...(effects of unbalanced dopamine/serotonin)

www.diseasesdatabase.com (good site for looking up parkinsons)

i guess just do a yahoo search.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   
i suppose that with a combination of mood suppressants and reward drugs could try to make a pavlov's human.

top topics

join