It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Art Bell and the Scared Guy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Hello all!

Does anybody remember that dude that called Art Bell back in the day (not sure of the date but it was played on the Art Bell special show that played back all of his hits) where a caller got cut off as he was running?

I think he was talking about secret bases and aliens and this and that, but I cannot remember clearly as it was a while ago. While get gets deeper and deeper into the conversation, he starts to sound really scared and in a state of panic until the call reaches a crescendo, and while barely able to let out words as he is breathing hard and practically crying in a hysterical manner, his call gets cut off mysteriously.

Anybody remember this? Was there any follow-up or conclusion?

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Yes I definitely do remember when that happened.

If I'm not mistaken it was proved to be a hoax.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Here are a few links from what I could find after a quick search:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There are bound to be quite a few, I also remember a more recently active thread about this I think it had several pages of activity but I don't have time to find it :-(

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Hmm...

Don't remember it being called out as a hoax, but I haven't listened to Coast to Coast much this year. As I recall, at the time of the Art Bell Special, they did not say it was called out already. Even George Noory seemed to be spooked as hell by it.

Did you hear about it or read it that it was a proven as a hoax? I would love to see that info if you got it. That guy sounded pretty authentic the way he was straining his words and almost whining...

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Marshall Ormus

Thanks Marshall Ormus!

I will read through those threads.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
lol, yeah, the call is also the last track on tool's lateralus album.. i remember reading that after that call, he eventually called back art and told him it was a hoax.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Don't know if it was proven a hoax or not, but I do know that the band Tool added the audio of the call at the end of a song on one of their CDs. (Tool is the name of the band, "Lateralus" is the title of the CD, "FAAIP DE OIAD" is the name of the song.) More from them here: 72.14.205.104...:dqkougbME7wJ:www.occultforums.com/showthread.php%3Ft%3D10083+Tool+%2B+CD+%2B+end+of+song+%2B+Art+Bell+%2B&hl=en&ct =clnk&cd=10&gl=us&client=firefox-a

Here is a transcript of the call to Art Bell:

"I, I don’t have a whole lot of time. Um, OK, I’m a former employee of Area 51. I, I was let go on a medical discharge about a week ago and, and... [chokes] I’ve kind of been running across the country. Damn, I don’t know where to start, they’re, they’re gonna, um, they’ll triangulate on this position really soon. Ok, um, um, Ok, what we’re thinking of as, as aliens, they’re extradimensional beings, that, an earlier precursor of the, um, space program they made contact with. They are not what they claim to be. Uh, they’ve infiltrated a, a lot of aspects of, of the military establishment, particularly the Area 51. The disasters that are coming, they, the military, I’m sorry, the government knows about them. And there’s a lot of safe areas in this world that they could begin moving the population to now. They are not! They want those major population centers wiped out so that the few that are left will be more easily controllable."

(9-11-1997)

Unfortunately, right at this point, for unknown reasons, Art's studio lost all power and was suddenly off the air, until switching to a back-up system. I was listening that night, and it was creepy. Even creepier a few years later when I heard the audio again on the CD - deja vu!

Hope this info is interesting, if not helpful.

(Moderators, please delete the quotation if this is inappropriate. Thanks.)

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

That's crazy. Tool is the BEST OF THE BEST, and I have heard the Lateralus album probably more than any other CD at this point, but I never heard that in there! Great find and thanks anonymous!

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

funny, bc a friend and i were discussing this the other day. i found this vid and although it does sound (to me at least) to be the same caller, what i found interesting was the fact that the original call took place on sept 11, 4 years earlier. probably nothing, right?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Well it Wasen't ''Proved'' Per Se But The Guy Did Call Back i Think A Couple Weeks After But in My Opinion He Was Forced To Call Back And Say it Was A Hoax.

new topics

top topics

join