It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OC Register to outsource some editing to India

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   

OC Register to outsource some editing to India

www.businessweek.com

An Indian company will take over copy editing duties for some stories published in The Orange County Register and will handle page layout for a community newspaper at the company that owns the Pulitzer Prize-winning daily, the newspaper confirmed Tuesday.

Orange County Register Communications Inc. will begin a one-month trial with Mindworks Global Media at the end of June, said John Fabris, a deputy editor at the Register.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.latimes.com
blog.wired.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Peace, Propaganda and The Promised Land

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Every one hear has probably read about how the MSM puts one slant or another on what ever they report on. Also how not the whole story is reported, facts left out, and how in the prosess of editing facts can be changed to the desire of the editor. So now this paper is out sorceing its editing to a feorigen country. So now a feorigen country will decided what the facts are in the news you read.

www.businessweek.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I guess this goes to show you people who read the orange county register are not the sharpest tools in the shed?

I mean How an Why I would read a paper that wasn't even being edited in My own Country other then for That countries News is beyond me...

So I hope these editors will at least learn american laws an rights an policies of people who have to live in Orange county? How would you know something was news without knowing whats important to its readers?
why aren't these people of this community or county in a uproar?

Maybe see what I 1st typed....

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
But it's soooo much cheaper and easier to manipulate the content, especially when you have to 'coordinate' facts globally!

I'm sure someday we can all laugh about this..., let's start now!

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem
So now this paper is out sorceing its editing to a feorigen country. So now a feorigen country will decided what the facts are in the news you read.

That would have worked if we knew that we only had to read the OC register...the internet is the wave of the future and as long as we continue to have a skeptical mind regarding what is reported, I feel that we can be okay.

That said, the outsourcing is quite disturbing...kind of tells me that news is more an entertainment concern than a consideration of truth. I believe that an Eskimo could construct news in such a way as to communicate whatever it takes to pacify me (well, me if I were an average American...
).

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Thanks for posting everyone.
It sounds like everyone does agree this is not really a good idea. Hear is a video that also explains what can happen when the media is manipulated for the benefit of one person or another.

Video link

the video is about eighty min. but it is worth it.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Sorry the link did not work

[edit on 26-6-2008 by RedGolem]

top topics

join