It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Docs push for tests of cash rewards for organs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Docs push for tests of cash rewards for organs

www.msnbc.msn.com

What’s not so clear to the American Medical Association is what kind of incentives — and in what amounts — might encourage potential organ donors and their family members to follow through.

That’s why the AMA has waded into the controversial waters of offering financial incentives for cadaver organ donations, a proposition that can’t even be examined without modifying the National Organ Transplantation Act.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Dead and Wounded Iraqis being used as Organ Donors (from ATSNN)
Organ donors

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
To me this is a slippery slope indeed. I still think this is a bad idea. You could have family's selling there deceased next of kin. That alone would make family members a commodity. There have been stories of people in other countries being killed for organs. I hope there will no change in the way things are currently done.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Perhaps they think that if they can make it profit, it would be worthwhile. It seems to be the prime motivating factor for any commercial interest, which is what the AMA is all about.

Call them ghouls and be done with it!

Of course, if they are willing to do this for NO profit - in other words to save a life - then Bravo!

Any bets which way it goes?

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Of coarse there going to be making some money on it.
But thats what makes it so ghoulish. That when your next of kin becomes ill they all of a sudden become a commodity. Why spend money on health care when they are worth more dead?

new topics

top topics

join