It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

June 2008: Diesel breaks £6 gallon in UK ($12)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Article

The average price for a litre of diesel in the UK has broken the GBP6 (close to USD12 at current exchange rates) a gallon mark for the first time - the equivalent to 131.9p a litre - according to data from PetrolPrices.com.

The UK average for both unleaded and diesel is at a record high today, following a 3 month period where prices have broken records almost every day.

Diesel is up 22% since January and it appears we will see 50% before September. I hope the government takes action to deal with this situation. They claim supply logistics, but could it be peak oil in the gulf of mexico?

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
i hope that the oil bubble will burst soon because i'm paying £80 to fill my van compared to £50 a year ago...other than the goverment cutting fuel duty.

I'm screwed.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
We are really in a predicament at the moment here in the United Kingdom. 6.00 is far too much for it, unfortunately i can only see the prices rising in the near future; i do feel like the prices are going to drop a tiny bit, unfortunately i think they are going to rise a lot more before hand. I think by the end of summer we will be looking at prices a lot higher than 6.00 and by winter, well we will be praying that it drops to 6.00. This article does attempt to explain why prices may of risen due to wether, but i doubt there version could make prices rise in such a way.

Fox

join