It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EGYPTIAN STONE CONTAINING MERCURY??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Hi every1, its my 1st post here, Im just back from 5 weeks in Egypt and came across a strange story I thought Id run past the ATS crew !!

I was told about small bullet shaped stones, polished and engraved with hieroglyphs, that supposedly came from within mummies bandages in tombs far in the desert that have been plundered many times in the past. The recent tomb explorers were sifting through whats left in these murky places.
The strange thing is that these stones apparently contain a ball of liquid mercury inside. There is no sign of how anything could be poured into the stone, but when one was cut open, there was the pure mercury.
To add to the strangeness I was told of roumors of russian KGB men seen buying some of these stones. Some stones also interfered with electrical equiptment.

i cant find anything but a couple of mentions of such things on the net.

What d'yall think??

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
It may have been a cast stone or clay filled with mercury. According to this site they used it as an ingredient for make up. No wonder these people didn't live so long.

www.touregypt.net...

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I believe the type of "clay" you're referring to is called faience.

I would be very interested in reading more about this if you find any links on the mercury.

Keep us updated.

Btw--where did you get this information from? A tour guide???

join