It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC Front Page: Birth of a 'surveillance society'?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   

MSNBC Front Page: Birth of a 'surveillance society'?

www.msnbc.msn.com

After the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, local governments across the country set aside concerns over privacy and installed surveillance cameras in public streets and plazas.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I cannot believe this made the front page of MSNBC.

Does anyone think that they are preparing us?

I mean obviously doing it secretly then all of a sudden it comes out, there would be an outcry.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
They are hardly doing it secretly. Anyone who pays attention knows that we are becoming a surveillance society. It started here in the US, its happening in Sweden and I'm sure many other places around the world. 9/11 was the first step, and it was masterminded so the free world would slip right into this path. And it worked.

Just remember what they keep telling you, "If you've done nothing wrong, you've got nothing to hide", and learn to live in fear.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
They no longer have a choice. It's now or potentially never. There is a rising awareness in the population about the growing trend of governments to 'empower' themselves at the cost of what we have been overlooking out of fear, our human rights.

Unfortunately for them, they cannot succeed. Let them waste their time - but not at the taxpayers expense! Let the corporations for whose use these are intended pay for them.

new topics

top topics

join