It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams of Future Events or DejaVu

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Hi guys, i'm new here, and I have posted this on one of the other boards as well, because I wasn't really sure, where it would fit best.

Basically heres the deal. I'm 26 now, but since I was like 10, i've been having dreams about pretty normal stuff, nothing major, just about me and my friends and family.

However, the strange part is that maybe a few days later, or after a couple of weeks or even months, the events in the dreams will happen. They are exactly like the dreams, word for word, action for action the same.

Now I had thought it was DejaVu but then I had that explained to me, and it's not the same thing. So can someone explain this to me? Why I have these dreams that keep coming true?

Ok, well I read about this instance in other post, and it seems to be called precognitive dreaming. basically I dream it, and then I realize that I dreamed it when it is happening.

[edit on 25-6-2008 by Franklefty]

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Right after you wake up from dreaming are you aware of the "dream" you just had or does it not register until the event takes place?

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Well, usually I don't remember my dreams, sometimes after these dreams i'm aware of it, but usually, as the event is happening, I will recall the dream and know exactly what is going to happen.

Basically I realize that I dreamed it, as it is happening. Like something will be said, or someone will do something, and then i'll recall the dream in my mind and will know what is going to happen next, because well I saw it before in the dream.

[edit on 25-6-2008 by Franklefty]

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
In all honesty, and tell you the truth I am by no means an expert,lol, it sounds like deja vu experiences however I am intrigued with your reported frequency of them. Be interesting to see how many others have DJV at an abnormal rate. But here is a link to a thread I started on pretty much the same topic. I got some pretty insightful responses and maybe some of them can help you

ATS thread link
Hopefully some of our more experienced members will shed some light here.

[edit on 25-6-2008 by djvexd]

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

Yeah, how often it happens is pretty strange and it's been going on for yours. However, i've had DejaVue before, and knew it, plus i've talked to people about what i've expereinced, and they all told me it wasn't DejaVue. So that's why I got on here to ask.

When I told them about it, they said it sounded pretty strange, so I figured i'd ask around on here. I read your thread, and it was similar, dreaming it, and then having it happen later.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
yeah I know where you're coming from. It's been happening to me since I was 10, I'm now 20. Sometimes it was just tiny details, a certain word would trigger a dream and then the conversation or action would turn out just like the dream did. The weird thing, the dream would flash in an instant and I knew what was going to happen next. I was driving down on the freeway and I see this blue car, I can't remember the make but I know it was blue. Anyways, upon seeing the car, It triggered a dream. In said dream, the car cuts me off but i couldn't recall when. So i go for about 10 miles and he still doesn't cut me off so I thought it was just some random thought that seemed like a dream. So I'm about ready to take my exit when the blue car goes through two lanes and cuts me off right on the exit. I mean I've had dreams of people close to me dying but those are just that, dreams. It's these rare exceptions that totally freak me out.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
This happens to me as well, but only with people i know very well, such as friends and family. And typically, i can recount my dreams when i wake up, but on occasion, they will not come to mind until the event happens.

I also had a dream last night in which i actually killed someone! It was in self defense but in any dream that i have to defend my self, it is always with the same .38 snub nosed revolver and the gun never goes off, then i wake up in a cold sweat. This time however, i foiled a robbery with my GLOCK 19, killing both men. Maybe this is a sign to stick with GLOCKs?

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Good to know there are other people who have the same experiences. The last time something happened was a few weeks ago. I was hanging out at a friends apartment, and he asked if I had talked to his old roommate. I said no, and then I remembered dreaming about this like 3 months before.

I turned to him and said, I think I know what's going to happen next. he is going to call in like a minute or 2, and ask if we want to go eat dinner at this certain place.

Sure anough, minutes later he called my phone, and asked if we wanted to go eat with him at the certain place I named.

Following this, I asked my friend if he had ever had a dream and then had it happen exactly the same later, and he told me no, that it was wierd that I had. Then I told him that I had, had a dream like 3 months before about everything that just happened and was just said.

I've also seen wreaks, people getting sick an injured, deaths, so somethings are major and some minor. It doesn't usually bother me, but at times it really freaks me out, when I see or hear something and it just like clicks, and I remember everything and have been able to tell people what is about to happen.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I have similar experiences except I can remember them before the event more often than not. It is normally about something I find funny/interesting, always positive and they always look different from a dream. I can also see the future while meditating sometimes, I focus on my third eye and a light will appear that goes from a tiny spec of light to as if I was actually there. I can see, hear and am in complete control of myself at both times.

You should try it one evening, lay on your back or however you prefer to meditate, then focus on your third eye region and build up energy slowly. Relax every muscle in your body, after a while you should feel like you falling into a relaxed state almost drifting elsewhere. It is at this point that you must stop focusing energy into your third eye and let everything go. You will feel a sense of extreme joy as the light is about to appear, when it does try hold it for as long as you can and juts enjoy the experience. It probably won't happen your first time but keep at it.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I also have dreams that come true. But I find it strange that there seems to be a distinction between the average dream and one that you know has a specific meaning.

Its almost like OMG, this dream means something. I had a disturbing dream about my dad and two weeks later the whole dream, word for word happened.
It freaked me out! But I have noticed that I do this in cycles. I may go for months without a dream that transpires. Then boom! here they come again.

Its really scarey. During these times is when I am afraid to sleep, afraid to even dream...

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I have had it happen a couple of times, but it is rare for me. The last time it happened was pretty disturbing. I had a dream that I was on a police boat and we were dragging a river for a body. The next morning when I arrived at work (I work at a marina) there were police and ambulances everywhere. One of my slipholders had fallen and hit his head on his boat and fallen into the water sometime during the night and drowned. He was found by another slipholder that morning. Worse yet, since I knew the deceased, I was asked to identify him.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
When I was younger I experienced De Ja Vu's but they have been VERY frequent lately. I am 22 years old now. It's so weird because while I am in a De Ja Vu sometimes I can recall what I was thinking after I woke from my I guess "premonition". Like the other day I had a De Ja Vu about a bathroom and the whole room was lit by a blue light. And as I walked in... it was like a movie in slow motion. It was exactly like my dream... and I KNOW I dreamed it because I remember waking up from that dream thinking, "Who the # uses a blue light in their bathroom..." and also thinking, "Cute toilet." The toilet was clear with fake fishes in it.

Anyway, my De Ja Vu's have been happening as frequent as once to 3 times a week... weird. I know.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I have a couple of similar weird dreams which seemed awfully real, and quite disturbing.

The first one I was standing outside a local church and i rememeber seeing something moving very fast from east to west, then there was a brilliant flash, everything started shaking and then I felt my skin burning, and it was a horrible painful burning sensation, then everything was blank, just a blurry red vision and an odd sensation, to an extent I believe I was dead? then a split second later I woke up in a cold sweat feeling a bit perculiar.

The second one was exactly the same, something small moving from east to west really fast, faster than any plane, only this time i was standing on what we refer to "slag bank", which is a manmade hill of slag waste, overlooking the ocean. This time i seen the object disappear over the horizon, then the flash, a shockwave move towards me at what must have been thousands of miles an hour, the same seering heat, the same burning flesh sensation, the same tremours, then the feeling of being what was possibly dead.

There was no sound through all of this, but that said everything would have been moving faster than sound.

As for dates? well given the way everything looked I don't think it was that far in the future, when I was outside the church building looked the same, vehicles looked fairly similar to what we have now.

It just spooks me that I felt everything, never before have i actually felt physical pain of such great extent whilst having a dream.

Anyone had a similar experience?

[edit on 7-7-2008 by woogleuk]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
First of all, everything you talk about is perfectly normal. Our parents generation and above just never spoke of it. Thanks to many TV people no matter if you believe in them or not, they have made a major break through. By talking about it so openly, more and more people realized that what they were experiencing was ok, and they were not going crazy. That in its self was a major break through allowing people to talk about it. That change in mind set allows people to become more open and less afraid to see what is in front of them. Witch trials did not just happen in Salem, and they didnt stop then either. People are always ready to point and scream at someone who is different than they are. Fear is the best way to controll anything and anyone.

Now, as for what it is exactly or why it happens. One thing you need to understand is that no one knows for sure. All we have is our own experience to judge from.

What I have come to understand is that the events we see are not as important as we think. Its the decisions made during/after those events, and why. I have enough years on me now to see that the times I had the dreams were major decision points for me. One decision no matter how insignificant it may seem at the time, can cause a series of events that will have an impact on decisions you or someone close to you will make later, maybe even for the rest of their lives.

My opinion now is one that blew my mind and took a long time to really let soak in. My opinion now is that we are doing some form of astral projection into the future. Im not sure if we altar events or things, or if we use what we see to make different decisions now with out totaly realizing it. I believe we are a lot more intellegent than our concious minds allow us to think we are.

[edit on 7-7-2008 by mrsdudara]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
ive been having these weird dreams all too often for my liking, of foreseeing future events of my life in dreams which seem very unlikley to happen but are soon forgotten after dreaming them. Then later thinking as it something happens (usually 6 months - 2 years later) these events, what is happening as well as what is being said to me its way too fimiliar for my liking.

ive been having these dreams now since i was 6 im 20 now but of the past 6 months ive been having bad visions which are highly distressing but yet comming true.

dream
where i was stuck very high with a countdown and was unable to move with a man ive never met panicing next to me in a seat and a loud nervous voice saying "you are stuck up here we are going to try to help you" and seeing my gf crying next to me surroundings was fimiliar with others screaming. (cant recall when this dream was) then unexpectedly falling then waking up.

event that happened later.
was at thorpe park the other day and was on the detonator (a free falling ride 200ft high) we raised to the top and the countdown voice starts 5-4-3-2-1 i reconised the voice from the dream i had and started to reconise the surroundings like a deja vu i then told my gf we were going to be stuck when the voice got to 1 the ride didnt drop. then a man on a mic said the ride has a techincality and we are going to try to help. i was stuck at the top of the ride for 15mins with others panicing at the top. then we suddently dropped unexpectedly when a engineer was called and dropped the ride manually from below without us being informed about it.

way way too creepy!

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Franklefty

The same thing happens to me, I thought it was Deja Vu also...i dont remember the dream until the event dreamt about is actually occurring...i guess we r just gifted

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I experienced dejavu all the time when I ws younger... feeling as if i was reliving experiences as they happened, knowing what would happen next, or what would be said. These events were always shortlived, and anytime I would intentionally attempt to alter things, do or say something differently from the way I knew they would happen, as soon as events changed from the precognition, I would get sick, nauseous, and sometimes I would lose memory, days sometimes.
In my early twenties, I read a book on "astral projection while dreaming", and it said to keep a journal of my dreams, as it would help me to increase my control while lucid dreaming, so I kept a dream journal regularly for several months.
One day I experienced the dejavu again, I knew what was going to happen before it did, yada yada. Afterward, I thought to myself, I remember dreaming that, I think. I went and checked my journals, and eventually found the dream, in detail, describing the very mundane happenings that occurred in my dejavu experience. This happened at least 6 or 7 more times, enough to convince me, unequivocally, that my dejavu experiences were the result of my DREAMING THE FUTURE, THEN REMEMBERING EVENTS WHILE THEY WERE HAPPENING. The strange thing is, after this epiphany, the phenomona became more and more rare. I am now 33, and I think it has been a couple years since I've experienced the dejavu... it used to be at least weekly.

Now, I don't claim to understand the universe, but I am convinced that time is illusory, a construct that we are bound by in our conscious minds... but when we dream, perhaps we get a taste of death's freedom from the prison of temporal existence.

Any thoughts?

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
i have been experiencin this for 32 years, deaths, illness, fires, etc... i need help to see if i can expand my control to be able to figure these dreams out quicker. [email protected]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I have heard, Dejavu's, it could be like some old memories from our parents, or even our gran gran mom or gran gran dad... stuff like that

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   
OK Im SO glad I found you guys! I am CONVINCED that a Deja Vu is: A Deja Vu happens when you do something that you actually dreamed! In other words...you dream the FUTURE! Then when it actually occurs..you know it because you drempt it! I KNOW THIS IS A FACT!

So..what do we do with this information? Lets analyze this further...someone hit me back with what this means in a broader sense.

top topics

join