It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams of Future Events or DejeVu

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Ok, so I had a question.

For years now, ever since I was like 10, I have had these dreams of just regular things, like me and my friends hanging out just doing normal stuff, or something kind of big concerning myself and friends happening. Then anywhere from a few days, to like weeks or months later, the exact events from the dreams will happen. Word for wod, event for event, the exact same thing.

Now I always thought it was DejeVu, but how DejeVu has been explained to me, it's completely different.

So my question is basically, what's going on? Why is it that i'll dream about something and then days, weeks, or months later, it will happen, exactly as it did in the dream? I've always wondered about this, since it started. Like I said, it' started when I was like 10, and i'm 26 now.

[edit on 25-6-2008 by Franklefty]

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Franklefty

I've had the same thing happen but I'm sorry to say I'm no more privy to the cause than you. I ventured a guess once before that what is happening is that we are creating our reality to match the dream rather than the dream predicting a future reality. It's only a guess but it's really all I've got.

What do you think is happening?

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
No clue, although I did find stuff on here about precognitive dreams, so that could explain it.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by sc2099
reply to post by Franklefty

I've had the same thing happen but I'm sorry to say I'm no more privy to the cause than you. I ventured a guess once before that what is happening is that we are creating our reality to match the dream rather than the dream predicting a future reality. It's only a guess but it's really all I've got.

What do you think is happening?

Hrmmmm, Im not sure whats been happening but Ive had the same thing as you two and I can guarantee that some of the things that I dream there is no way in the world that I could have predicted how things would look e.g. I had a dream about a day at school, but this was before I had ever been to that school then a few weeks after I started there what was in my dream came to pass.
But still, you could be right lol.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
This is a cool topic because it was actually the catalyst to many signifigant events in my life.

I'll explain my experience of this... when I was about 12 my aunt went to a psychic, who told her lots of things about everyone, and particularly me, many many details about me, and I will explain that. My aunt told me all of this and i was like ok, wierd.

for the next... we'll say specifically like 4 years, i had very detailed dreams about the future, I found what was consistant is a particular girl who was in it (later I saw tis girl on the street and I felt this surge, we just stared at each other as we walked by). Years later I ended up being her freind quite "randomly". And yeah, one day it hit me like a tonne of bricks, I remembered all these dreams of her and my current freinds who i had obviously never met when I was about 12... all these dream memories came flooding back and it like shook my reality. Because of this I ended up moving cities, and it felt like I was in my own play for about a year... it drove me insane... thinking... ok july 17... i will do this.. and then watch it happen, because i knew from a dream or i was told years ago.. I found i was wrong a number of times too, and basically.. It took me a year but I realised that I was ultimately in control of my life, a realisation that was liberating. No future is set in stone.

But yeah, it was because of that that I took an interest in finding the bigger picture of my reality... knowing that dreams could show the future, i wanted to know what else there is i didn't know, and thats when i got into meditation.

I've also had dreams of my past life, my "next" life.. I'm guessing by what I saw.. and a few past lives way back, that I won't even get into.. One thing at a time I suppose.

Think hard about dreams and your reality... how does the physical world compare to a dream? And where does thought, or rather, thinking come from, and what is it bound to?

I wouldn't mind hearing what others had to say, i bet theres lots.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I suppose that would be called precognition rather than deja vu but they really seem like two sides of the same coin. I have started getting deja vu a lot over the past year, except before when I had it (it was rarer then and mainly happened in childhood), it felt like I had dreamt the situation before. Now it just feels like it did happen. I no longer get the dream type feeling but am certain that it has happened. Usually just little things, even a random post someone makes, I just know I've seen it before.

mind you, i wonder whether the increase in incidences could be (semi-)permanent after effects of certain less than legal substances. not that i do them much these days.

But the whole topic is incredibly interesting and raises serious questions on the nature of reality. If we can see the future, does that mean our lives are already mapped out? Of course it is possible we might orient ourselves towards our vision subconsciously and it might simply be a self-fulfilling prophecy.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
The experiences you have with dreams of "future flashes" or precognition can be somewhat explained if you can wrap your mind around the idea of Astral Projection and the Akashic Records.

I have been a student of the Occult for 30 years now and I have come across thousands(yes thousands) of people just like you and me who are not psychic per say but have these "abilities" that would be considered psychic. It seems that almost everyone at one time or another has a precog dream or rather a memory of a future event.

It was Stephen Hawkings who asked the question that will give you the answer, "Imaginary time is indistinguishable from directions in space. If one can go north, one can turn around and head south; equally, if one can go forward in imaginary time, one ought to be able to turn around and go backward. This means that there can be no important difference between the forward and backward directions of imaginary time. On the other hand, when one looks at "real" time, there's a very big difference between the forward and backward directions, as we all know. Where does this difference between the past and the future come from? Why do we remember the past but not the future?"

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by redbarron626

I think the difference between seeing forward and backward in real time comes from our perception and the way our minds are locked into certain ways of thinking. Many people experience Deja Vu but controling it is what prophets/fortune tellers seem to be doing. Weather they have been able to unlock this through God or through other means they are still using parts of their minds that many people dont have access to. But Im sure that if many people were taught to think the right way, with out these limitations we would have many more people that can do some pretty funky things lol.

-fm

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Wow! I´m realy speakless...
Now I know that I´m not alone in the world and have such dreams. Yes, I dream the future too.
But I don´t see something like "in 3 month". No...

I dream every night for the next day. I did´nt remember all this dreams, cause the most time I don´t want to know them, but sometimes there are dreams I can´t forget.
Crazy or?
Many times I ask people if they have maybe dreams like this, but I never found anybody. So you can imagine how lucky I am...

Thanks!
Nia
(What is dream and what is reality?)

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Thanks to open this discussion, I have the same problem too. I have this ability (DEJAVU) since I was a kid. I often dream about many places, people, car, house and many things, even I know with who I will dating with. Sounds good right, not for me! The thing I also dream about bad thing too, such broke up with my fiancee (It happened already), losing money, move to many places. and etc. First, I don't accept it (DEJAVU). Many times I tell myself, It just a dream. then It hapenning again and again. Sometimes I try to change the scenario but still, the second scenario cames and fit to my DeJavu. It stress me out! I questioning my self, How can I planning my future? if I already knew what will be happening in the future. Right now! I give up. I don't know what is the point of the DEJAVU? Is it a warn, an advice, a bless or a curse?
The funny thing is some people asking "try to remember the past, not for me, I try to remember what will be happening in the future which is not happening yet"
. I wish you guys have some advice for me! I already try to meditate, pray to God but It doesn't help me any better.

Thank U.
Paul
(Yes! It's true, What is dream and what is reality?)

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
hey i guys if you want i can explain we all have a thing in our mind it is called prophecy for example last year i had a bad dream and i woke up the next day my dog ran away and i was thinking is this connected some how. The next day at school i was in the car park waiting for my mum and suddenly it hit me i was tossing the same ball as in my dream in my right hand exactly at 4 P.M
my my mum pulled in to the car park and i straight away knew some thing happened to the dog. Well my mum put it into 2 words he's dead.

now these day i keep on having more stranger dreams of a specific year and seeing a comet or meteor in the sky.

also I saw a man in a suit walking to a limo He was waving to people saying good bye. After that i heard a shot and he feel to the ground # if you want please email me to talk more about this subject [email protected]

it does freak me out so much but personally i recommend it write it down in a book.

please tell me how to handle this situation because people think im a freak
some one thats not human whatt should i do im just 15.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   
My understanding is that a human being is actually complex and exists in multiple time spaces simultaneously. These multiple selves constitute one's "whole integrated being". I know it sounds a bit weird, but often another part of yourself will experience something, and this is normally what happens or what you see when you dream, and it doesn't directly have to do with you, but another part of yourself will experience something about the same as what you're experiencing in your ordinary life. So things you see in dreams may be reflective of things happening in your ordinary life, but not exactly the same.

Another issue is that dimensions of time/space are proceeding at different speeds ("like the annual rings of a tree," I'm told). In one dimension, you're in the present, and in another your life is further along. In another slower dimension you're at a stage of life in your past. If you have the ability to see into these dimensions, even if just for a glimpse, you will actually see the real, actual scenes in your future and past, and this would be precognition or retrocognition. When you actually have the experience, it will feel like deja vu.

Sorry if this sounds weird, but that's my understanding.

[edit on 18-7-2008 by HaveYouConsidered?]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   
its good to see other people have these dreams too. After I broke up with a girlfriend and was feeling slightly miserable, well, pretty miserable actually, I had a dream that I was romantically involved with a spanish girl and the dream seemed so real and so long. i remember waking up and thinking "#, a dream." Then about two months later, i met the spanish girl by randomly sitting at a table that i thought was empty, but it turned out she was sitting and eating there. I didn't remember right away, but then it hit me.
When I thought about it, this girl is a lot like my ex and i think that the dream was warning me not to fall for this girl, because although she is very attractive and intelligent, she is not the type to fall for anyone. I think my dream was saying, "you feel like # now? Watch yourself do the exact same thing again..." So I am careful, and I will not be as saddened when it ends, because i already know how it will end, the same way the other relationship ended.

Thank you to whatever does this.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I make regularly premonitory dreams, generally they are never good dreams. I think that this sensation of already seen comes from our dreams, simply. Last week, I discussed with a person and I rediscovered according to the conversation My Dream. It is so, for places as we have the impression to know while we never went there.
If you remember clearly a dream, it is brilliant because you know in advance what is going to take place, generally the event takes place the same day.
It seems that the dreams made at night from Wednesday till Thursday are more convenient to be premonitory.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I've also had a few dreams that have kind of predicted the future, or such.
I'll tell you my most recent ones;

One night I dreamt I was going to go see The Doors play live, and I was so excited to see Jim Morrison. I've never dreamt of The Doors before, but the next morning while I was on the internet I found out the night I had dreamt this, it was the anniversary of Jim Morrisons death.

Another one; I dreamt I was in a Paramore cover band with a friend of mine, and I was the singer.
Now, I don't even particularly like the band Paramore but anyway, I was talking to this friend from the dream and he randomly asked me "can you sing well? because my band and I really want to do some Paramore cover songs and we need a female singer"
This totally spund me out.

I've had some others, but those are probably the best ones I've had..

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
lol Just wait cause over time it gets even more so.

First you need to keep your ears open when family is around.

Everyone of my siblings have this strange effect. My brother called me freaking out about it, then my cousin called my sister freaking out about it.

Our entire family has it but until I brought it up and proved I could no one really talked about it.

My furthest out time wise was 10 years with names, locations and events after it happened and everyone had forgotten I told them about it 10 years earlier they freaked when they remembered what I said.

In certain native American cultures (not all) they had what were called "Dreamers" whose sole duty was to sleep all day so they could tell everyone what they dreamed for the future. This was told to me by my grandmother and confirmed to me by a history teacher later in life.

Eventually the dreams will turn to visions. There was a movie that depicted it almost too perfect. Can't remember the name of it but I remember someone in the movie asked the guy, "So if your psychic why don't you pick the winning lottery tickets?" His response was something like, "I'm not psychic I'm just shown the future and they have never shown me what the winning lottery numbers are"

Here is the real challenge to anyone in this boat.

Try to change it so what you dream doesn't come true. I've been trying to change things now for decades and have never succeeded. I can change the path to the outcome but something always steps in and adjusts the path so it always ends up the same outcome. I at one point thought the purpose of it was to change it but apparently not.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I have experienced the same events, and I have no answer either. I have been trying to assemble and pay attention when it occurs though. Semi recently, I was walking out a lab class, and I had this strong feeling of deja vu. I just stopped and went along for the ride, I remembered exactly when I had the dream, and that it was a dream. At the time, I had been debating if it was the right decision for me to go back and start work on a second degree. I, had originally thought that it was confirmation that I was infact supposed to head this direction. However, it is proving difficult for me, for some reason, to even get into a school in the area, after having completed my prereq's. So, I'm back to questioning the whole decision and I'm not certain anymore if the "vision' or deja vu was confirmation at all, since if it was I would assume that I wouldn't have hit such a major road block. Or perhaps it was and I need to work through the obsticles. Who knows?

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Darthorious

I just wanted to thank you for your post. I never knew that such an um...occupation (for lack of better word) existed within the Native American culture (or elsewhere for that matter), but as soon as I read it something clicked in my head and I immediately felt something in connection to that statement, so thanks.

As for dreamers, to me, it makes a lot of sense. I know that I experience it, as does my mother. I don't talk about it, other than with her, as within my circle of peers it is deemed odd, and I suppose I don't want to be thought of as wierd. But that is not to say that I don't try to experience it myself. I am trying to write more things down so as to better remember them and exploring any connection, but as previously stated there is no definitive time as to when these events in my dreams will come to pass, nor is it really of any consequence to anyone other then me, never anything like predicting a major world event or anything.

top topics

join