It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain hasn't voted in the Senate since April 8.»

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   

McCain hasn't voted in the Senate since April 8.»

thinkprogress.org

In April, Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) became the most absent member of the Senate. According to the Washington Post’s votes database, McCain has “missed 367 votes (61.4%) during the current Congress.” In fact, CQ reports today that McCain hasn’t voted in the Senate since April 8. Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL) last voted on June 4.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Well this story definitely has a positive 'psychological' impact on me. Thank god McCain is not voting, at least for me because I disagree with his politics. For those who support him and feels he represents them, it must be a bit disappointing.

From a few another source:

The man almost never votes anymore: he once went five consecutive weeks without voting. Now we learn that he's the Senate's top absentee, passing Democratic Senator Tim Johnson of North Dakota, who suffered a brain hemorrhage in December 2006 and was unable to return to the Senate until last fall, in terms of votes missed. I guess it takes time to suggest doing nothing about America's economic crisis. link

A good point, how does he intend to offer us a "gas tax break' for the summer if he does not even go to work? How does he justify missing more wok than a man with a brain hemorrhage?

thinkprogress.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 25-6-2008 by Animal]

join