It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diablo 3 announcement

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by JbT

Oh man!!! D3!! I guess Ill have to get the divorce papers ready to sign! Har har! I was soo into D2 that my wife threatened to leave me! To date my best character was my lvl 89 Hammerdin, had Archon Plate Enigma, Max HOTO, max Wartravs, max Chance Guards etc etc etc ,,,my MF was 500% and my hammers did 12k damage, my merc was a total tank and did an average of 10k damage....not only could I PWN in PVP but I could solo HELL Baal. my fave thing to do tho was Rush for drops..and especially Hellforge rune drops...Ive been into Guild Wars for a while now ( and I luv it) but I just know that when D3 comes out all my life shall take a backseat for a while...I so hope they keep it free online play, Id be willing to pay more up front if they would do it. Free online play is a major selling point for me.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Most of my friends live for Diablo, haha, Can't say the same for my self, I don't think anything is gonna keep them down from playing this.. It looks quite amazing though, must say. Good times eh?

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
When this game comes out I am so going to geek out and play it until my eyes bleed. Okay maybe not... but I am looking forward to this. Its about darn time!

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I'm also waiting for this title, i remember times of yore when that Barbarian farmed like there was no tomorrow...

I really liked GuildWars and Titan Quest, but nothing like this...

hoping for a december 31st release...

JbT

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
December would be nice. But I wouldnt hold my breath. :shk:

Hope'in your right

[edit on 20-8-2008 by JbT]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
i try to be an optimist , but i also believe D3 will come out in a year or so..
some people have told me that its been in development for quite some time now, more than 3 years, but I'm guessing blizzard will try to put as much hands of polish as possible, they have the manpower and the resources for it, they can take the time...

back in the day when D2 was delayed a year the wait only made it better...

JbT

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Here is the known info on the development.

en.wikipedia.org...

Development on Diablo III began some time in 2005 when Blizzard North was still in operation. The original artistic design differed from that shown at Blizzard Worldwide Invitational 2008 demonstration, and had undergone three revisions before reaching the standards felt necessary by the team behind Diablo III. The development teams comprise fifty people. Most of the game mechanics and physics are complete and undergoing minor revisions. Most of the current and remaining development will focus on adding game content.[9]

Diablo III's lead designer is Jay Wilson, a former Relic Entertainment designer credited with work on Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War and Company of Heroes. Its lead world designer is Leonard Boyarsky, one of the six co-creators of Fallout.[10]

The game is being planned for a simultaneous release on both Windows and Mac OS X platforms, with no current plans for release on video game consoles.[7]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Well, that guy from Relic, one of my favorite developer houses leading the project, and the lead designer one of the guys that made fallout, well, it seems they will make history once again...

But what gets me now is that many folks from the WoW camp will make the jump to D3, and that has the potential tho oversimplify and reduce the "hardkore" level in the game...

I can understand the business appeal of making a game more streamlined and more simple, but what about the rest of us that have been playing since the dawn of time???

we will just have to wait and see...

JbT

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I have faith in Blizzard to make Hardcore mode just as hard, maybe even better with that whole new system of Life Orbs via mob kills, instead of Health Pots for healing.

They talk about how it will make encounters more... well encounter like. They are giving each Class a bunch more skills, esspecially for CCing mobs and getting to health orbs. Crowd Control will be key I bet in Diablo3.

Blizzard just doesnt put out bad games, they wont release it untill its done - and have said just that. I have faith it will be epic.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I truly hope so, can't hardly wait...

And that thing about life orbs looks like something borrowed from a console, maybe it will make it more dynamic, but I kinda liked the potions, specially the red one's...

those videos posted from the Invitational look great, specially the animations of the characters, very Relic like, cool.!

Thats right Blizzard has never released a dull game, I want this to deliver the mindbending craziness one feels when surrounded by creeps , hacking slashing burning freezing and exploding for hours...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join