It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diablo 3 announcement

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Well the 5th layer of the Blizzard teaser has arrived, along with an EvilPenguin image embedded in the HTML.

The 5th rune is a snowflake, so we assume it represents Blizzard itself. Also, the 5th rune now completes the pentagram.

What does it all mean? We can only wait until Saturday and see.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Theres a new pic up, and i think its safe to say that its not Diablo who's lurking in the ice.

Its the guy from starcraft;
news.filefront.com...

Check that pic and then go to Battle.net and see for yourself.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Countdown to Opening Ceremony

Well its Saturday afternoon here, and according to my world time clock that means it is around 4hrs and 30mins until the Blizzard WWI 2008 opening ceremony.

If it follows the trend of last years Blizzcon, the opening ceremony will have a video that explains the past few days teasers and reveals their purpose. Last year the video climaxed in the reveal of a Marine that declared the arrival of Starcraft 2.

This year we will see the ice break and reveal something completely that is different and likely unexpected.

Puzzle solvers the net over are torn between predictions on the announcement. The most believed ideas are:

1. Diablo 3
  2. Diablo or Starcraft MMO
  3. Entirely New Franchise

I'll keep you all up-to-date if anything goes down.

Also, for diehard fans like myself, you can watch the opening ceremony live online at the Blizzard WWI website.

[edit on 28-6-2008 by fooffstarr]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Teaser 6 is up.

Looks more and more like Tassadar:

Also a 6th rune has appeared:

A theory being worked on by several of us over on the Diabloii.net forums is that the runes represent the Cairn Stones.

Check the rune placement.

What has really puzzled me is why, if it is a pentagram, it wasn't making a perfect star. But now look at the cairn stones:

The one on the bottom left is slightly further out than the others, like the lefthand rune on the splash page.

Also, the 6th outlying rune that has now appeared (the smiley) is in the same spot as the 6th pillar of the cairn stones.

Also, they are glowing the same shade of blue as the cairn stones.

Also note the 6th rune isn't glowing, like the cairn stones again.

Could we have finally cracked it?

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   
ITS OFFICIAL

DIABLO 3 HAS BEEN ANNOUNCED

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Oh my god,
I am in shock.
For almost a decade I have been waiting for this day.
I fear on what the future holds, for i will be a nervous wreck waiting for a release date, then the release.
Spending hours scouring the internet for screen shots, rumours, beta's..

.... this is the begining.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooffstarr
ITS OFFICIAL

DIABLO 3 HAS BEEN ANNOUNCED

PROOF FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!?!?!? ( i just got back from a club i'm a bit ...buzzzed plz tell me it's for realz!!)

Edit: nvm i clicked the bliz site holy crap i just crapped myself lol!! YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA D3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[edit on 28-6-2008 by Seaman_Richie]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by fooffstarr

DIABLO 3 IS HERE!

Oops I didn't see this thread till after I posted on borgs.

So Diablo three is that good?? I never played 1 or 2..... are they worth getting?

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scramjet76
reply to post by fooffstarr

DIABLO 3 IS HERE!

Oops I didn't see this thread till after I posted on borgs.

So Diablo three is that good?? I never played 1 or 2..... are they worth getting?

Yes! Absolutely you will not regret it! There are expansion packs for both Diablo I and II so make sure you get those! I spent countless hours playing Diablo II + the expansion pack for countless hours when I was in grade school : ) I can’t wait to do the same while I’m in college lol…

Buy the Battle chest… it’s the best deal I used to own three lol ><

www.gamestop.com...

it Includes Diablo I + Diablo II+ Diablo II :Lord of Destruction (expansion) , a Wow trial (Never used mine and will never touch it), a thick strategy guide and all booklets for all three games
!!

Best Regards,

Richie

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
A suspected release date leak (already??) has hit the fanboy forums today.

www.gamespot.com had a release date:

31st December 2008

On their front page for several hours this morning, and once people noticed it and began to discuss it, the date was taken down and replaced with TBA.

Could this have been a Blizzard-exclusive that leaked out a bit too quickly? Or simply a speculative date that caused more controversy than they expected?

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Seaman_Richie

Thanks seaman,

I think microsoft is going to take a decade to fix my xbox 360.. so I need something to hold me over for a bit.

JbT

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooffstarr
On their front page for several hours this morning, and once people noticed it and began to discuss it, the date was taken down and replaced with TBA.

Could this have been a Blizzard-exclusive that leaked out a bit too quickly? Or simply a speculative date that caused more controversy than they expected?

In my experience, that date would have been what is used as the tentative release date. In most cases those dates are used for the sole purpose of allowing the game stores to take pre-order money.

Of course, these could have been a slip up. But I have to assume that it will be months after any date we see at first away ways. Blizzard has a track record of taking their time to release games.

If we do end up seeing Dec 31, 2008 as the initial release date, I will plan for March 31, 2009 at the earliest.

Im going to start saving for a new PC starting this pay check, I want something top of the line-ish for when Diablo comes out. No half graphic settings here, Im going for FULL/MAX setting.

...How about that part in the movie where hes like, "Ok, time for a real battle". Looks excellent already.

Oh man..... I cant wait.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Game looks gorge, and now I'm trying to decide what class I want to be. Of course the game will not release for over a year, argh.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
commence the fappin

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
commence the fappin

What's that?

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I'm only going on rumours and 'supposed' leaks but here is what we know about the classes:

We have the 2 certainties:

Barbarian

Witch Doctor

We have the 1 likely:

Sorcerer/Sorceress

and we have the 2 that are rumoured to be in development:

Crusader (Paladin + Druid kind of)

Mercenary (Assassin + Amazon?)

I'll do the same as what I did with Diablo 2. Close my eyes and move the mouse around crazy clicking to pick a class. Whatever I come up with is what I use to finish the game the first time. Learn the story and just enjoy the experience.

Then I pick the class I most want to try out and hit Bnet.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Then I pick the class I most want to try out and hit Bnet.

I'm not making that mistake again. First time through I'm playing on random password servers by myself or with a friend the first time through and then ill start playing with people. That way I get to save my char as I progress thorugh the story

[edit on 1-7-2008 by sardion2000]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by sardion2000

Yeah, I like private games with friends-only as well.

Do you use X-Fire? I've got 4 people on my list that are into D2 and we regularly get together and start new chars. We did a power session a few weeks ago where we all played one of the 5 original classes and (I was ice sorc
) and we went from start to finish in one go.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I hope this game is released before mid next year : (

JbT

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Im not sure how many development teams Blizzard is running right now, but they really have alot on the table. I seem to think that they have 3 development teams, if I remeber correct.

I wouldnt be expecting a 2008 release if I were you. I would also guess that a Mid-2009 release date would be somewhat optimistic in light of what they have to do.

First, there is the WOTLK expansion for WoW. Assumed to be released around Sept-Oct-Nov-Dec 2008.

Second, there is Starcraft 2. Its only 1/3 done. The VP said that by the end of the year (2008) they will have more info and more to show us... Not that it will be finished. So I have to assume SC2 will be a Q1 or Q2 release in 2009.

At the June 2008 Blizzard Worldwide Invitational, Blizzard Executive Vice President Rob Pardo was quoted as saying that development of the campaign was one-third complete and that there would be significantly more to show by the end of 2008

en.wikipedia.org...

Third, most gaming companys like to spread out the profits over he fiscal year. So releasing SC2 and Diablo3 at the same time may hurt their end of year profits if they dont have something major to release in the fall of 2009. Also, releaseing games of this scale at the same time could hurt sale of either game, spreading the relase dates out allows the time alone in the lime light so to speak.

My guess is WOTLK expansion is released in Nov 2008. SC2 is then released in March 2009. Diablo 3 is then released in Sept 2009.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join