It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Major Victory for Texas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   

A Major Victory for Texas

www.house.gov

The Texas Department of Transportation will recommend the I-69 Project be developed using existing highway facilities instead of the proposed massive new Trans Texas Corridor/NAFTA Superhighway.

According to the Texas Transportation Commissioner, consideration is no longer being given to new corridors and other proposals for a new highway footprint for this project. A major looming threat to property rights and national sovereignty is removed with this encouraging announcement.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Congrats to Texans, this is a good victory that should not be overlooked!

It's great to see people care and go out and do something.

www.house.gov
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Can someone clear this up for me. It this saying that Texas is not going for NAFTA?

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

It's saying that Texas is not going for the Texas Corridor...which is a major point in NAFTA.

Good on them...

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Thanks....

So, what does this all mean to the NWO? Not, just asking MemoryShock anyone can weigh in. Does this mean that now some plans are halted or squashed or still on the books?

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

It means that a major project that would have been conducive to the realization of the NAU has reached a major 'roadblock'. Legislation and construction have been impeded.

The major reason for an NAU is to allow for more efficient trade within the member nations (U.S., Mexico, and Canada) allowing for a theoretical more efficient economy by which to insure continued global competitiveness in light of the EU's success. Asia is thinking of a similar model.

The idea is sound, but the unions would also include other, not so economic minded aspects.

As far as the NWO....it really is a matter of time. Resistant legislation is merely a stepping stone in my opinion...unfortunately.

The microchipping is something that I am taking a keen interest in as the policies evolve....

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Sorry for the one-liner. But, I didn't want to leave without saying thank you for that insight into this.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
No worries...

As far as the subject matter goes, I would encourage others to chime in as well...

I'm not necessarily one to plug debates that I have lost...
....but the following link is highly informative regarding this topic..."A North American Union between Canada, the US, and Mexico would significantly strengthen all three nations in the long term".

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Wonder if the cost of gas had anything to do with this?

Not much profit in empty toll roads is there?

With the USAN shouldn't the UNAN include Central american and the islands as well?

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Good! Now this puts "them" in quite the dilemma: ignore public outcry and support their own interests, contradictory to what the Constitution demands, or abandon their goals and give in to public outcry.

Can you imagine the uproar if they were to ignore us? It would surpass 28,000, thats for damn sure.

Having lived in Texas for quite some time and planning to go back, I can say that its in Texans' blood to stand up for whats right and what is traditionally considered "American". Of course not everyone is this way, but the people who love Texas, know its culture, know its history and respect both are willing to put up a fight to defend what is right.

I think a lot of people forget that Texas was once its own independent nation. You'd be surprised how many people would support going back to that if the United States Government failed to live up to its Constitutional obligations.

Having said that, its fitting that Ron Paul is a representative in Texas. Sort of off topic, but I don't think I've ever seen a more honest politician. Not saying there isn't one, just that I've never seen one.

I hope to get back to Texas soon and join in on this fight against the NAU.

For now, this is a great victory!

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this. However, this was just a ploy by TXDOT to look like they are listening what Texans want. They are still steamrolling these NAFTA super highways against the will of the people. Check out this link

Here is a couple of quotes from Corridor watch that highlight what I said above:

TxDOT Ready to Sign TTC-69 Comprehensive Development Agreement (CDA)

The Texas Transportation Commission never fails to amaze us.

Bottom line - this leopard has not changed its spots. Nothing has changed. The Commission and TxDOT are hell bent to sign deals and give away the farm before the legislature can rein them in.

We have little doubt that TxDOT legal staff has spent plenty of hours carefully preparing a loophole that they think they can stretch wide enough to get their TTC CDA past the law. But even if they can, was the legislative intent so dim that they couldn't see that our law makers wanted them to wait another 12 months?

TTC-69 is really only a part of the larger plan. TTC-35 is the big one that is 1200' wide!!!!!! and will run from Mexico to Oklahoma.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Just wanted to add this.

This "decision" on cutting out TTC-69 is in response to the Sunset Commissions report that will be given to the Legislature. This is a 157 page report but I think that issue 1 is what they are fighting...

Until Trust in the Texas Department of Transportation Is Restored, the State Cannot Move Forward to Effectively Meet Its Growing Transportation Needs.

Key Recommendations

Abolish the Texas Transportation Commission and replace it with an appointed Commissioner of Transportation.

Establish a Transportation Legislative Oversight Committee to provide necessary oversight of the Department and the state's transportation system.

Require the Transportation Legislative Oversight Committee to review and comment on TxDOT's research program, including individual research projects and activities.

The Sunset Commission should recommend that the Legislature directly fund the Texas Transportation Institute to conduct transportation research previously contracted through TxDOT.

Continue TxDOT for four years.

Source

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
America is and will always be INDEPENDANT - the shinning light of Freedom to all the worlds peoples. Long Live America, Short life to all who betray her.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by 888LetsRoll
America is and will always be INDEPENDANT - the shinning light of Freedom to all the worlds peoples. Long Live America, Short life to all who betray her.

Yes, I love fairy tales too. Although I prefer ones with pictures. Do you happen to know which tale you are quoting? I sure would love to read it.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Oklahoma said no too by his ``sovergnity`` declaration... if the US go ahead, they will seceed.

Anyway. It will be interesting to see what the establishment do to counter that... if they start murdering people who oppose them.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I still don't see what's wrong with the Trans-Texas Corridor.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnmike

It would allow unrestricted crossing of the border by Canadian and Mexican truck drivers, thus expanding Canadian and Mexican business in to the United States. People assume more business = better economy, but thats not the case.

This would allow easier employment of Mexicans, and possibly even people in Central America who will work cheaper than Americans and Canadians will. This means more American layoffs. This is essentially the same thing that we're complaining about now with outsourcing, except the only difference is big businesses would not need to pay the large shipment fees for overseas delivery.

What that would mean is possibly slightly lower prices on goods, but if no Americans have jobs to pay for those goods, then really, whats the point?

Not only that, but this is a violation of sovereignty. It essentially eliminates the borders between the United States, Mexico and Canada and forms us in to a North American Union. No United States means no United States Constitution. Its a shame people assume that a newly written Constitution would include all of the same liberties as our current one when our current one is being stripped and intentionally misinterpreted to hell and back.

This also isn't considering the stupidity on the part of anyone who supports this. Anyone who supports this, no doubt, supports the War on Terror. Opening up our borders essentially opens up us to attack.

I don't understand the logic - these people find it necessary to relinquish our civil liberties, stay in two wars, increase surveillance and military spending and support these outrageous executive orders being issued all in the name of "fighting terrorism", but then these same people support erasing our borders and giving easy access to any terrorist who feels the need to attack something in this country, and all he'll need is a damn vehicle to pass.

Am I the only one who doesn't get it? Am I missing something? Or do some of you people just support, blindly, anything this government does? Do you just assume its all in your best interest, and you don't even take the time to connect the dots, do a little research, and by any means, THINK for just one second?

Get it through your heads: They don't care if you are safe. They don't care what is good for business. They don't care what is good for the economy. They don't care if you are black, white, hispanic, Canadian, American or Mexican. They don't care about you. THEY - DON'T - CARE - ABOUT - YOU!

Its not about business. Its not about the economy. Its certainly not about security. Its about centralizing power and undoing EVERYTHING based on rights, justice, equality and serving of the people by the government that this country was built on and has stood on for nearly its entire history. Its about organizing the world in to unions to fit nicely under a one world government.

Why have 192 puppets when all you need are 6?

So whats the problem with a Trans Texas Corridor? The ending of the middle class, the ending of American sovereignty, the ending of Canadian sovereignty, the ending of the American Constitution and American liberties, the ending of the Canadian Constitution and Canadian Liberties and the increased threat of attack by ease of access to this country.

If all of that is a necessary risk to achieve the prospect of paying 50 cents less on your Go America! t-shirt with your unemployment check, then by all means, support it.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnmike

I would like to add to the reply posted by NovusOrdoMundi.

Another aspect of the Trans-Texas Corridor is that they are taking the land from private owners and giving it to private companies that will have ownership of the TTC. I don't understand anyone that is for taking someones privately owned land and giving/selling/leasing it to a commercial enterprise to make money off of.

Not only that, but the corridor will be 1200' wide!!! A typical Interstate Highway is no more than 200' to 300' right of way to right of way. That is 3 or 4 times the size! There will be limited access to the corridor and any businesses that want to front the corridor will be on land owned by the corridor. They will either run all the gas stations and restaurants or hand pick who gets a place. Point being, if the corridor runs through the middle of my 300 acres (it doesn't) and they take the land they need for the corridor, typically this could turn out good financially for the owner of the land the road runs through. They could have their land re-zoned as commercial and sell it for a hefty profit or build and lease the building. However, with the TTC, the land around the TTC is virtually worthless. Their will be no access from their land to the Corridor. They can't sell it. A portion of the land would also be unaccessable as it could be on the other side of the 1200' corridor with no access across the TTC.

Here is quotes from the original House Bill 3588

The law allows the department to acquire real property for a turnpike project and to "provide a location for an ancillary facility that generates revenue for use in the construction, maintenance, or operation of a turnpike project, including a gas station, garage, store, hotel, or restaurant." [Sec. 361.132(d)(5)] While five typical turnpike type businesses are listed, the law does not limit the acquisition to those specific businesses. In fact, other language provides a virtually limitless definition of what enterprises can be accommodated on the Trans-Texas Corridor. "Property may be leased or a franchise or license granted for any purpose, including use as a facility and use for unrelated commercial, industrial, or agricultural purposes." [Sec. 227.082(d)] There is no apparent limit on how much land may be acquired or taken not only for the transportation elements of the Trans-Texas Corridor, but also for the utility zone and for any other ancillary facility. Any venture that has the potential to generate revenue, including private enterprises operating on that land under lease or franchise, is authorized.

The 'quick take' provision of the law provides that the department may file a declaration of taking with the clerk of the court, immediately serve a copy of the declaration on each person possessing an interest in the condemned property, file evidence of the service with the clerk of the court, and may thereupon take possession of the property pending the litigation. [Sec. 361.137(a)] If the condemned property is a homestead or a portion of a homestead the department may take possession of the property on the 91st day after the date of service. [Sec. 361.137(b)] The 'quick take' provision effectively eliminates the traditional opportunity for reconsideration of condemnation. A concessionaire who has a contract in hand and is ready to start construction will move ahead immediately upon the state taking possession. A concessionaire will not be subject to the same political pressures that serve to ensure a reasonable application of the condemnation powers.

[edit on 25-6-2008 by ag2000]

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Continue from previous....

"...contract with a person for the use of part of a transportation project, or lease or sell part of a transportation project, including the right-of-way adjoining the portion used to transport people and property, for any purpose, including placing on the adjoining right-of-way a gas station, garage, store, hotel, restaurant, parking facility, railroad track, billboard, livestock pasturage, telephone line or facility, telecommunication line or facility, data transmission line or facility, or electric line or facility, under terms set by the authority." [Sec. 370.172(a)(2)] This provision effectively authorized the purchase and taking of private land by the state and the subsequent lease or sale of land to private commercial enterprises.

There is much more than what I have posted here. The government should never have this kind of power over private ownership of real property. With all the crazy conspiracy theories thrown around here I am surprised more people aren't all over one that is for real and taking place right in front of us. I know its "just" Texas. But it won't be long until your State decides that this is a good idea and you will be having your land taken from you or your family.

top topics

join