It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

for us older folks

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2003 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I drink RC, i actually prefer it to most other brands

posted on Jan, 8 2003 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Gonna have to round up some RC now - they make Diet Rite which I'll drink, it's aspartame-free! Anyone remember the clear Pepsi or New Coke? (think that's what is was). I like the newer Pepsi One also.

Let's not forget about Jolt! There motto was something like "all the sugar and twice the caffeine"

posted on Jan, 8 2003 @ 03:53 PM
link   
for my grandmother. I think the clerk knew the "Lucky Strikes" or "Virginia Slims" weren't for me, hehe...

Still couldn't do this nowadays in the same town though...

posted on Jan, 8 2003 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Did anyone find my skate key?
Really good post Nyeff. I think they still have hula-hoops right?

posted on Jan, 8 2003 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Well that's because your generation had a war, and a really big one preceeded it not too much further back.

This generation yearns more than ever for such an eye-opening time, bringing the whole nation together like the good ol' days, but sadly everyone in our nation thinks we're the bad guys now.

I won't be surprised if in 50 more years people will say we brutalized the Nazis.

That's my opinion anyways, about why it seems all the "good days" of responsibility and patriotism are over. We just need an enemy of all that we stand for again, we in fact have one "IRAQ" but they are so small and pathetic, that a lot of people in this country side with THEM!?...China...you're our only hope man, try to take over the world so that we can get over this "Vietnam//hippy syndrom".

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Jan, 8 2003 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I miss coffeehouses and "open mic" night.

I hear they're still around. I'd slice my fingers to ribbons if I tried playing without practice, but there's also open mic (for the non-US folks, this is short for "open microphone" and means that the entertainment place will let ANYBODY get up and perform on that night.)

I ***DON'T*** miss the "Blue Laws."

For the rest of you, these were laws that made it illegal to have a store open on Sunday. You might need food desperately. You might be out of baby formula. You might need medicines. You might need tools to fix something in your house -- but no store would sell you anything because the laws (state laws) said that no store could be open on Sunday. Even if you were Jewish, you could not be open on Sunday. Most gas stations were closed then.

For awhile in the 70's there was a bizarre gerrymandering as legislators "eased up" on the Blue Laws. They would rope off sections of the store (you couldn't sell clothes or lawnmowers or records or anything that wasn't food or medicine) on Sundays. Eventually legislators gave in to pressure from the public and the retailers -- but in the first half of the last century it was illegal to sell anything on Sunday.

[Edited on 9-1-2003 by Byrd]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join