It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tara - Extraterrestrial Goddess

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
It could be the real thing. We always assume the ancient Earth Goddesses don't exist, but there is a lot of cultures who worshipped them. The names are very close when you see the original spellings and pronunciations. I am keeping an open mind.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

Well I certainly believe we´re talking about something real and unimagined here, beings we interacted with, talked to and - according to Enoch and a few others - even had Sex with.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008
There was no Apollo 20 mission to the moon. It was scrapped so they could use the Saturn V rocket for the Skylab mission. The video is a hoax.

Probably is a hoax. But there is a persistent story floating around that says the Apollo 20 mission was actually flown "in secret". Checked out some alien stuff on the Moon. Supposedly, one of the original crew members, a retired guy from Bell Labs I believe, now lives in Africa and is "spilling the beans". I don't think I've ever seen it discussed here, but it's definitely on the net somewhere.

Sorry, not to topic but had to throw that in there.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

How did Apollo 20 get to the moon when the Saturn V rocket was used to get Skylab into orbit? Those were very expensive rockets to build and to be used only once. It is possible for NASA to have had a secret moon mission but highly unlikely. I will keep an open mind to it. For right now there is no evidence to support it.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
...fret not. Meanwhile we have tons of evidence telling us that our ancient mythologies had common roots.

As to your comment on Daniken: I mean to write a thread someday detailing the international conspiracy/smear-campaign against him.

[edit on 25-6-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

I have no idea, and I'm certainly not suggesting I believe it. Just one of those interesting stories (ever hear of the "secret astronaut corps?") that popped into my head as I was reading the thread.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
1. Von Daniken had some interesting ideas, but he has admitted to his mistakes. I will give him a lot of credit since many people would never admit they were wrong. I should not use a strong word like fraud to describe him, but misguided in the attempt to prove his theory. I look forward to your thread on him as he is now older and is probably wiser.
2. I will definately read more on the secret astronaut corps. A good read is Gordon Cooper's Leap of Faith. He describes his two encounters with UFOs. One he saw and the other was footage his men took at Edwards AFB. Col. Gordon is one not to mince words on the subject.
3. As I started reading more on religions, the more familiar they all sounded. I am now a pagan with a belief in the Mother Goddess (Mother Earth). This has been a fascinating thread.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I can say that Tara was goddess for ancient estonians too. She was also called Taarapita, Tharapita, Tarapita or Taara.

[edit on 25-6-2008 by Mr.Andreas]

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr.Andreas
I can say that Tara was goddess for ancient estonians too. She was also called Taarapita, Tharapita, Tarapita or Taara.

Thats a very helpful and amazing addition. We´re on to something.

As for apollo 20: IF we factor in the existence of a parallel space mission that has nothing to do with the publicly known one...but I guess thats a subject for other threads.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
All the gods and goddesses have counterparts in all other religions. The monotheistic faiths turned them into angels and saints. Isis/Ishtar/Astarte and Terra/Gaia/Tara come to mind. Also Mercury/Hermes/Thoth were the same. The list goes on.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008
1. Von Daniken had some interesting ideas, but he has admitted to his mistakes. I will give him a lot of credit since many people would never admit they were wrong. I should not use a strong word like fraud to describe him, but misguided in the attempt to prove his theory. I look forward to your thread on him as he is now older and is probably wiser.

Well, there´s more to the story, but it never reached the headlines, much less the english-language headlines. All that reached the press was "daniken debunked". Actually the documentation Ive collected on the case would warrant not only a thread but an entire book. But until then...

...we have Tara, Terra, Gaia, Ishtar and the whole other crew.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
i agree that most religion seem to have their characters described very close to each other,just some have different names....the basic roots seem to be the same source...just a question that popped in my head,if aliens are god then where did they come from,seems to be the universal question doesnt it

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Alora

If the study of investigating the origins of human knowledge and its transmission through myth and cosmology is one's passion, please let me recommend the book Hamlet's Mill by Georgio DE Santillano. It takes a while to get through but is worth every AHa!

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by pureevil81
i agree that most religion seem to have their characters described very close to each other,just some have different names....the basic roots seem to be the same source...just a question that popped in my head,if aliens are god then where did they come from,seems to be the universal question doesnt it
Hey you in Roseburg! I'm up towards Salem, in a little town called Scio. CHeck out Sky's Rainbow Serpents thread, it seems they come from the edge of the Milky Way.

Seriously, though, we will never be able to find the origins of the goddess myths, the knowledge was passed orally, and I believe is lost through the "telephone game". What is more significant is that the stories all have common symbolism and traditions. Linking the meaning of those might give us what we are looking for. Until then.

[edit on 25-6-2008 by seagrass]

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by zigveda
reply to post by Alora

If the study of investigating the origins of human knowledge and its transmission through myth and cosmology is one's passion, please let me recommend the book Hamlet's Mill by Georgio DE Santillano. It takes a while to get through but is worth every AHa!
Here is a summary of his work. here

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I have several Tara's around my home as well as in my car and purse.
Even planted Tarahumarha sunflower seeds this year.

Here is an interesting page I found:

en.wikipedia.org...(Buddhism)

Edit: Odd that is not the Wiki Page I see when googling white Tara

[edit on 25-6-2008 by antar]

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I found this information and it really excited me.

In a vision, the Goddess once appeared to me as the Sun. I was somewhat surprised by this, usually associating the Sun with masculine energy, as per established cliches. The feeling was of a very warm, beneficent presence. I sat with this and she had a message.

The Sun is an intelligent being, a goddess. She is a nurturer of the Earth. Her intelligence and benevolence play a role in the preservation and growth of life on Earth. It is she who parts the veils of the dawn, it is she who tends the garden of our planet. She stirs the cauldron of the weather, shaping the clouds in a dance with the serpent of the wind.

As the text says.............."it is SHE who parts the veils of the dawn" Venus is often said to be the Morning Star. (Tara/Star) Tar + Sssss

Sun, Snake, Serpent, Sister, She, Solar, Sky, Shine, Star...........Sweet!

She is Amaterasu to the Shinto, and White Tara to the Buddhists. White Tara is to Amaterasu and the Sun as Green Tara is to Gaia and the biosphere. It is in their loving embrace that life may flourish.

Now we find it tying into this thread with Tara.

I must add I have seen a member on here named amaterasu and I never knew the meaning.

She is Lucy in the sky with diamonds.

I loved this part! Silly me, I always thought that meant '___'!!!

Lucifer and the Stars!!!!! Enlightening.................

And lastly to bring in the boys

An Amaterasu hypothesis may be needed is these times as well as a Gaian paradigm, because it is not just the balance of Earth herself that is in peril, but also the harmony of Earth and Sun. It has taken two to dance this complex interstellar romance. The passionate battles of the sons must not disrupt the mothers' embrace.

Battles of the Sons must not disrupt the Mother's embrace.

Great thread, never can tell what one may stumble upon here and there or going to and fro.

Source for EX

www.feri.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
One more thing I would like to add is that my personal impression of Tara would of course be alien as well as the balanced energy of 'all' female energy in the cosmic flow of eternity.
She represents past present and future female empowerment through compassion and love.
Some say she was the beloved Mother of Buddha, yet also as the enlightened potential and destiny of all female energy, balanced.
One day we will no longer seperate ourselves with labels of good and evil, sinner and saint, above and below.
One day we will have the gift of empathy, the gift of oneness.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

Yes Mother Sun, Father Moon. Male female balance. This is what tantra is all about, loosing the boundaries of the self into the ultimate oneness of the infinite.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by interestedalways

Yes Mother Sun, Father Moon. Male female balance. This is what tantra is all about, loosing the boundaries of the self into the ultimate oneness of the infinite.

Since you mention it...........I have heard of the Moon referred to as a male with the name of Sin. Another S word!

You know that the Yezidi's don't allow the *sh* sound (sound/tone) in thier presence?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join