It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New intelligent CCTV cameras can see and hear!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 05:36 AM
link   

New intelligent CCTV cameras can see and hear!

www.telegraph.co.uk

A new generation of intelligent CCTV cameras that can hear as well as see will be able to alert police to crimes in progress by recognising clues such as a person running or the sound of a scream.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.itproportal.com

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 05:36 AM
link   
It's getting to the point were you cannot break wind without someone knowing!

I'm all for making our streets and town centres safer, but this is getting out of hand now.

www.telegraph.co.uk

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jibbs

It's getting to the point were you cannot break wind without someone knowing!

I'm all for making our streets and town centres safer, but this is getting out of hand now.

www.telegraph.co.uk

No it won't.

CCTV has been proven NOT to reduce crime in any given location. Nor does it assist in detection of the offender.

But it is a good evidence tool IF they are caught and a location is under CCTV.

Can a camera pull a gun and shoot dead a robbery suspect ? nope. Can it run down and chase a car thief ? nope...

Cameras are not the way forward. Officers with feet on the street are.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Dan Tanna

Correction, giving those cops on the street "Gun-Cams" is the way forward.

The theory behind using CCTV to prevent crime is a valid one, it's just that putting it into practice has been somewhat difficult thanks to it's popularity with the corporate world.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   
My wife got mugged in Brixton in London a few years back, there were cameras pointed at the cashpoint from on top of a council building across the road , when she reported it to the police they told her that 'we cant use the cameras for evidence purposes as the council won't let us'.
So what's the point of having these bloody things if we cant use them to charge and jail people?

All they seem good for is showing us what the the crims get upto on these 'police camera action' or 'world's scariet police chase' programs.
Ah well , makes good entertainment I suppose. Thats all they're used for these days.

Even though your supposed to caught on camera 300 times a day in the UK all it seems they're being used for is covert spying on Joe Public and analysing his spending habits.

top topics

join