It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

answers in genisis

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 07:53 AM
link   
check out this site www.answersingenesis.org

its a christian creationist website. go on the question and answer part and it has loads of topics.

"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained." C.S Lewis

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I've read a lot about answers in genesis and they are full of crap.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Thanks for the link Adrianay, I will check it out. Although I probably have heard most of it already.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   
"I've read a lot about answers in genesis and they are full of crap." evildoer

You say youve read a lot about them but how do you know how good their arguements are unless you check it out, actually read it!!!

'If the solar system was brought about by an accidental collision, then the appearance of organic life on this planet was also an accident, and the whole evolution of Man was an accident too. If so, then all our present thoughts are mere accidents � the accidental by-product of the movement of atoms. And this holds for the thoughts of the materialists and astronomers as well as for anyone else�s. But if their thoughts � i.e. of materialism and astronomy � are merely accidental by-products, why should we believe them to be true? I see no reason for believing that one accident should be able to give me a correct account of all the other accidents. It�s like expecting that the accidental shape taken by the splash when you upset a milkjug should give you a correct account of how the jug was made and why it was upset.�
C.S. Lewis

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I have read some of the site. You should read these two.
Talk Origins
No Answers in Genesis

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Hey evil doer!
Ignore websites read genesis your self (again). It may seem like a piece of crap but when you understand how it connects through time.

The direct link from .. Adam ...Cain ... to... Abraham....David....Jesus and onwards to us!

Its Truth

Im one of these people who take genisis completely literally. Id prefer to meet someone strongly against it than someone who believes its a myth or a story

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 02:44 AM
link   
"Hey evil doer!
Ignore websites read genesis your self (again). It may seem like a piece of crap but when you understand how it connects through time. The direct link from ..Adam ...Cain ... to... Abraham....David....Jesus and onwards to us! Its Truth
Im one of these people who take genisis completely literally. Id prefer to meet someone strongly against it than someone who believes its a myth or a story."

answers in genisis takes genesis compleatly literally, it explains faults in evolution and explains to some extent how genesis is possible.

If you want to answer critics dont just say the bible is truth (I do believe it to be absolute truth) but back up yur arguements. sites like answers in genesis are good for this.

If someone said how is it possible for every species to fit on one ark. it explains it.

Instead of just saying God did it, which is true, back things up.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Man i would advise you not to get into it with all the scientifical discussions because with these come lies and lies ect..

nature is to beuatiful to just come out of nowhere. animals are to joyful and loving to just appear like this. our bodies work so awesome and are so perfectly for each other that nothing cannot do this.

I could list millions of amazements of this world, but what it comes down to is pride. even is athiest knew god had to creat this world or a God he requires too much out of them and he always gets denied. I mean if someone had a gun to my head and said: deny God and his existence, i truly could not do it because of the worlds beauties, the miracles, the joy and love, nature ect ect... a soul knows God exist even if they try and hide it, they know deep down.

Peace.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Truth - "the worlds beauties, the miracles, the joy and love"

Damnit where the hell do you live ??

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Point 1:
If Answers in Genesis has very little reliable scientific backing, then it holds no ground on modern day debates,
Point 2:
It takes scientific quotes out of context, it also depends on how people interpret the readings,
Point 3:
How can you disprove pictures taken from the Hubbold Space Station that are taken of how galaxies looked billions of years ago(before the bible claims the world was created) light speed in a vacuum is constant
Point 4:
No-one will take you seriously if you cant spell your signature correctly.

Edit:
You spelt the topic title incorrectly

[Edited on 10-3-2004 by skeptik]

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Thanks Evildoer for the No Answers In Genesis site, interesting read.

IMO, the AiG site is pretty opinion based, after having read the a few of their articles, I'm pretty convinced that the NAiG is spot on

~MrE

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   
faceless, I live in the city and see hell everyday, so don't get me wrong.

Im justtalking about nature, our bodies, the joy of animals, our tastebuds, just the way we work. Nothing cannot creat such goodness.

I could see though, how it seems like I live in paradise by my post, thats far from true.

peace.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 09:46 AM
link   
the bible got a lot of anwser also on topics currently being spoken about.

like ufo's
like alien life
like genemodification and alterning
like cloning.
like nuclear wars
like missle technology
like energy weapons
like optical stealth spacecraft (cloaked)

manny things we now know but couldn't be known then and they tried to wonder what it was they said something powerfull is in play and they began to worship the alien life forms. as stupid as it may sound
all of this can be found in the bible.

ET3

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   
That there are several �days� mentioned in the bible, such as a day for a year, a day of a thousand years, and so on it is true. But, the best one I found was what isn�t mentioned, yet given by inference. A creative day. This �day� seems to be 7,000 years long. So the creative days of genesis would be 6 x 7,000 or 42,000 years for the so called creation days. Add our 6,000 years of mans being here and it comes up to 48,000 years. Which seems to leave the thousand year rule of Jesus just enough time to complete the 7 �days�.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Point 1:
If Answers in Genesis has very little reliable scientific backing, then it holds no ground on modern day debates

If you look at the whole site you will see that it has scientific backing. It talks about the theory of creation. Creation is a theory, so is evolution. so many times we just believe what we are taught. There are a lot of unanswered questions in evolutionary theory.

It uses logic and reson to show how the creation theory actually works

Point 2:
It takes scientific quotes out of context, it also depends on how people interpret the readings

I have said this to people before but yet again i will ask: where and if it does show me! Theres no point in just saying it without backing up your claim.

Point 3:
How can you disprove pictures taken from the Hubbold Space Station that are taken of how galaxies looked billions of years ago(before the bible claims the world was created) light speed in a vacuum is constant

I will get back to this point when iv researched this.

Point 4:
No-one will take you seriously if you cant spell your signature correctly.

Good point, but since when have I been able to spell

"IMO, the AiG site is pretty opinion based"

Your staement is opinion based

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   
That there are several �days� mentioned in the bible, such as a day for a year, a day of a thousand years, and so on it is true. But, the best one I found was what isn�t mentioned, yet given by inference. A creative day. This �day� seems to be 7,000 years long. So the creative days of genesis would be 6 x 7,000 or 42,000 years for the so called creation days. Add our 6,000 years of mans being here and it comes up to 48,000 years. Which seems to leave the thousand year rule of Jesus just enough time to complete the 7 �days�.

The bible doesnt work if you dont take this part seriously!

It says day meaning day. Also death entered the world through the sin of adam and eve. before that there would have been no death therefor no evolution.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Eh, I read a number of those arguments on the website and they seem pretty shaky as credible arguments. They proved theories with other theories. Point case: Cain's wife was his sister and this is ok, because if Adam and Eve were the first people and all must come from them, then we are all brothers and sisters! Does anyone else see a problem with this?

There is just too much evidence to the contrary that the world was not created 6,000 years ago, and its not just atheists that believe it. I for one believe in God, and I believe God did create the universe, but 6,000 years ago? To think of the bible as completely literate is also missing one its main points. That it is a guide to life, not a history of life.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   
and they we would still be apes/ monkeys. or whatever we have evolved out of. so adam and eve where primates otherwise 'because we are the product of evolution and if we go back and check out what we should have been in that time we would have been a primal version of something because they couldn't have been as us because evolution then did not have started until they as you say ate from the fruit from a tree. as it is the fruit of knowlegde and we came selfawere . and if there was a creating person / group of persons they couldn't control us any more so they banned us if you are reading the bible .

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Note the word "reliable",
The dictionary gives the following as a description of the word.
1. Capable of being relied on; dependable: a reliable assistant; a reliable car.
2. Yielding the same or compatible results in different clinical experiments or statistical trials.

People with any faint belief in science will not accept opinions on these type if matters, if they can not get reliable scientific proof.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 04:11 AM
link   

"IMO, the AiG site is pretty opinion based"

Your staement is opinion based

IMO = In my Opinion. Why point it out when I already said it is my opinion?

I am interested to know whether you can explain the expanse of the universe and the speed of light through a vacuum as currently the speed of light is constant. I think this argument points out the most serious flaw in the 4000BCE Earth theory. Please Explain.

~MrE

top topics

<<   2 >>

join