It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reasons why the US Gov covers up UFOs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I have often wondered why the US Government is one of the last institutions to not disclose the existence of UFOs. Today I believe I have come to a conclusion.

For starters, the US Military (and NASA) were charged with UFO research. NASA obviously is going to do whatever the pay check tells it to. So the information from NASA isn't totally reliable. But that, in itself, also explains why NASA isn't disclosing data found on Mars concerning the micro organisms that the martian probes already found. After all, if life existed on Mars then it would be 100X more likely that life existed else where in the universe. "They" couldn't allow that information to spread to the people.

Now, the military is obviously putting national security (and their own private security) as their paramount goal. So, information and documentation about how UFOs have been sighted landing near by and in their own bases would be a great threat to them. After all, if it was well known that technology existed which could not only fool their radar systems but also disable nuclear missiles, then it would be a threat to national security. Not to mention out fly our best aircrafts.

Any thoughts?

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Promecus

Now, the military is obviously putting national security (and their own private security) as their paramount goal.

I think that's the most important sentence.

The other stuff like-- USA doing secret UFO research and NASA being bought out are debatable... and at best small bits of the overall picture. Everything is about National Security.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

I have done a bit of research into NASA's on-goings. Sadly I don't keep records (no flaming please, I'll start book marking such things as of now on). However, as a suggestion I recommend going on youtube and watching the "UFO Coverup Documentary - Out of the Blue". Also do a google search for Mars Life.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Aliens represent freedom. Their technologies supposedly allow their societies to live completely free and self-sustaining... energy, food, etc.

I believe the cover up mostly has to do with the technology, because if the people of Earth figured out what other civilizations are capable of then the governments and elites of the world would lose control over us.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
The reason the Feds and NASA don't disclose is because back in the '40s when the talks began with the ETs, we (the US military) made a deal with the aliens. We wanted their technology and they wanted to experiment with our people (abductions). We agreed. That's why we've come so far in the advancement of our military weapons, and that's also why people have been abducted for the past 60+ years...how can they disclose? It is up to the ETs to disclose they exist without any consent from our fearless leaders and NASA!

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
paisley101 and Diplomat are exactly right

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   

and watching the "UFO Coverup Documentary - Out of the Blue".

Yup I've seen it. It's definitely a good one... comparitively speaking.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by buds84

paisley101 and Diplomat are exactly right

Oh really? It's a hypothesis, definitely not fact. You don't actually have to go outside the realm of psychology to find the reason for silence from the mighty feds or NASA. If you took a random poll on the street many people still aren't sold on ET. NASA and "the feds" are made up of individuals. Individuals have different beliefs. There are ufologists who hardly believe in "aliens," rather their research led them to the arena of human consciousness.

Let's face the music. Saying you believe in ET still isn't very culturally accepted yet.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

Actually saying you believe they exists seems to be the cultural norm now...

Saying you were visited by them still gets you the funny look though

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scramjet76
Everything is about National Security.

Fair enough. But that is rather ambiguous. Is it the security of The People or the security of their establishments?.. The two are not necessarily synonymous.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   
It's a global issue, not the US Govt.

If the world sees there's UFOs, then all forms of religion dies. With faith gone, anarchy and helplessness will follow.

If the aliens wanted to destroy us, they would have done so ages ago, like when we didn't possess nukes or whatever we have now.

A tad off topic. But hey, it's dinner-time.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I think the disclosure problem definitely has something to do with there being more than one species of extra-terrestrial.

Just my 5 cents.
(Because in Australia we don't have 2 cents
)

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Gunter

No, many other governments have already disclosed something that they know about UFOs (France, Russia and Mexico are great examples). It would seem that the US is one of the last (if not the very last) to even attempt to disclose anything. There stance remains at "They don't exist" when clearly that is a lie.

And I would also a agree that "yes" they could destroy us at any time. But to destroy 6.6+ billion people all at once might harm the planet. Which is probably not in "their" best interests. Perhaps that is why we've seen armadas of UFOs in the sky recently. After all, a massive weapon could destroy not just all life on Earth but render the blue paradise unusable. However a massive ground assult could spare the planet while doing massive harm to us. But that's just my next 2 cents.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

A new national poll found that 72 percent of Americans believe the government is not telling the public everything it knows about UFO activity, and 68 percent think the government knows more about extraterrestrial life than it is letting on, the SCI FI Channel reported.

ufoevidence

Yes, I guess what I'm saying is people are willing to open up in anonymous polls. However, it's not culturally accepted "as fact" like evolution is (I realize evolution is only a theory) for example.

As for national security... it is a vague term, which suits any government all the better. It can be interpreted many ways....

1) National security could mean denying the existence of ET to keep the status quo from a social/cultural standpoint.

2) National security could mean denying the existence of ET while they continue to study the phenomenon for military applications.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   

This topic has already been exhaustively debated in the last couple of weeks on this thread. Did you do a search before posting?

Why all the secrecy surrounding UFOs? All theories welcome!
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

IRM

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
There are lots of reasons we cover up Ufo's

We cover up the Ufo's because the nice silver paint starts peeling off them in the sun if you don't.

We cover up Ufo's so the birds don't get poop on them

We cover up ufo's so no one knows they are stolen.

We cover up Ufo's so our F22's don't have to look at them in the morning

We cover up Ufo's because we want them to be a suprise when you unwrap them!

We cover up Ufo's so only thier husbands get to see them naked

We cover up Ufo's because they are modest

We cover up Ufo's so we don't have to see ourselves in the reflection

We cover up Ufo's because they like to be tucked in at night

We cover up Ufo's when we park them in a bad neighborhood

We cover up Ufo's because all the kids would want rides

We cover up Ufo's to keep them warm

We cover up Ufo's to ship them safely

We cover up Ufo's because they make our cars look pathetic

We cover up Ufo's so Mr T doesn't hang them around his neck

We Cover up Ufo's because the Aliens forget to

We cover up Ufo's so we don't loose them if we file chapter 7

We cover up Ufo's so japan doesn't make ones that last longer and get better mileage

We cover up Ufo's so the lights wont keep us up all night

We cover up Ufo's to keep the paparazzi away from them

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
1. Disclosure would mean to admit that the military is incapable of performing its reason for existence (i.e. defending the nation), if ET crafts can invade our airspace at will and abduct citizens.

2. Disclosure would mean creating a public panic in which many will act upon "end of days" fears, in questioning the ET motive (especially without being accompanied by the ET's themselves, stating their intentions). You can expect mass riots, looting, hoarding, etc. just as you would for any inevitable disaster where the participants expect no return to normalcy (and crime punishment).

3. Disclosure would mean the disruption of our collective ideas about religion, politics (what do countries mean in the face of other, offworld civilizations), and our own place in the cosmos.

4. Disclosure could incite other governments in the sense of not sharing information, technology, etc.

5. Disclosure would undermine the public's confidence in the government's ability (and right) to rule, and could lead to massive civil uprising.

6. Per the Brookings Report (which is an official government report, in which the panel advised that IF we were being visited by ETs, then it should be kept secret), in the past, we've seen major disruptions to societies and the complete erosion of culture when a lower tech civilization comes into contact with those of higher technology.

7. Most available evidence suggests that the government, a) has no idea what the ET agenda is, b) does not have comparable technology, and c) has no way to counter such technology, at least if it were to be brought to bear, in force. The fact that we haven't been invaded yet is probably reason enough to at least dismiss this as an agenda.

Now, compare this to the reasons FOR disclosure (i.e. satisfying everyone's curiousity, the meaning that man is not alone), and they are simply outweighed by the reasons to maintain the secrecy.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat
Aliens represent freedom. Their technologies supposedly allow their societies to live completely free and self-sustaining... energy, food, etc.

I believe the cover up mostly has to do with the technology, because if the people of Earth figured out what other civilizations are capable of then the governments and elites of the world would lose control over us.

Spot on! You hit the nail right on the head there. If there are people who cannot see this then I'm afraid that I would have to say that they were rather naive.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Another thing that has occured to me is that UFOs could actually be military aircraft. I found a web site (jnaudin.free.fr...) where they have actually created similar crafts. If the public is just now getting into this then perhaps it's something the military has been fooling around with for a while now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join