It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Pixar/Disney Movie "Wall-E"; Is it Against Christian 'Values'?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
My first thread attempt....thought it would be stimulating to consider the upcoming animated movie titled "Wall-E", by Disney/Pixar. I see it is being rated 'G'.

Yet, it depicts a love story between two robots.....what kind of assault on 'family values' is this????

AND, it's rated 'G' ???

This is heavy with sarcasm. Didn't know if I needed to say that, but there ya go. This IS ATS, after all.

OK, flame away!!

WW

EDIT....Mods, please delete or move as required....thanks.

[edit on 6/23/0808 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I'm not Christian but the tie-up between NASA and Disney is a bit unusual and for some possibibly foreshadowing something.

There was a ceremony at NASA recently with exactly 1000 people hands joined in a circle - adults, children, adminpeople, senators, corporates, astros that was also unusual - almost cult-like. Check "The Link To Launch" rally at Port Canaveral. It was held outside before the filed hearing by the Senate Sub-Committee on Space. Bizzare.

Who better than Disney to "fit" with NASA in some "movie-making"? Good catch weedwhacker

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
its just a film.. whats two robots falling in love got to do with religion?.. nothing at all is the answer. The sooner the world wakes up and realises this, we can feed a few homeless kids in africa with all the money thats in religion.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Whats different about this?

They've made movies about mice falling in love, and cows, and dogs, and
cars, and toys. Why are robots any different?

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Yea I agree with the dissenters; This doesn't seem like an anti-family ploy. Odd? Yes. Sinister? Probably (and hopefully) not.

The mention of a Disney-NASA agreement makes me slightly worried. Hopefully that doesn't yield something negative...

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by JustLikeSuperman

And that is exactly what Christianity is doing, feeding children in africa, Christians send the most money and people over to africa to help out.
However, I really feel the church has left there first love and could put more effort into helping people in africa.

-Jimmy

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
i was waiting for a thread to pop up about this movie, but must admit to being a bit taken aback as to the "problem" the op has chosen to have w/ it.

when i first saw the advertising for it, i thought it looked a lot like the robots they are sending up to mars and in the ad, it was saying it was about the robot saving earth..... so naturally i thought "whoo hoo", conspiracy threads at ats on this.

but bc they fall in love? huh? like someone else said, this isn't a new concept presented by disney.

i mean, beauty and the beast for god's sake.... wouldn't that be worse to you? she falls in love w/ a beast and although he ends up as a human in the end, she was willing to be be w/ him as a beast........ beastiality (spelling may be off on that lol)?

why would your moral flags be raised because two robots are depicted as falling in love?

sorry, not saying this w/ any rudeness at all.... just wondering why THAT?

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
It's a blatant victory for robot-couples everywhere.

It goes against all family values.

It's just one step from communism.

Blah blah blah...

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
The only thing that's bad about it is that Disney ripped off the character of WALL-E from the movie "Short Circuit" back in the 80s because the audience is too young to remember.

Johnny 5 from "Short Circuit", circa late 80s.

WALL-E from 2008 movie:

And for everyone who didn't get it, the OP was facetious. The poster was kidding.

[edit on 6/23/2008 by sc2099]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by sc2099

Hey yeah, that's exactly what I thought! I watched those Short Circuit movies so many times as a kid in the early 90s... It's a complete rip off.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Anonymous....since you're anonymous.....could you come back, and post more info about this NASA circle of hands....I haven't heard of it before.

Thanks for telling me 'good find'.....but, it isn't really a good find at all....just a movie that's coming out. Actually a compelling movie....but my point was to focus on why an animated movie, involving a love story between fictional animated characters is acceptable, when love between two men or two women, in real life, is not acceptable.

THAT is the point of this thread.

If I have to clarify....it is to focus on WHY we find fictional characters acceptable....but not real life.

I could cite the 'Lion King'....or any number of fictional stories, that don't comport with the 'traditional' ideas of a "Marriage" between one man and one woman....

You see,,,it is about love. That is the underlying threads in these stories.....

I think children understand love....not sexual love!!!!!! Of course!!!! But just the basic emotion of love.....

Adults need to keep their minds out of the gutter, and start to think more like children....IMO

minor edit for typos.

second edit....I thought about changing the text, but deciced to let it stand...it's called 'stet' in newsrooms....

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by sc2099

sc2099....wow, great catch!!

Not an expert in copyright law, but guessing the 'Short Circuit' copyrights have expired....or been bought out!!!

WW

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyjackblack

why not just scrap religion and give them all the money?.. You don't need a label to state what you believe in :/

new topics

top topics

join