It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military convoy brought to a halt by big speedo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
(chuckle) I can just envision what's going through your mind. "What the *Bleep* is Deson talking about?" I wasn't sure if this was more suited for Jokes, Pranks etc or here. Due to the true nature of this I decided to go with here. OK, here's the scoop:

As some of you maybe aware I have a rather unusual job. In essence I am a mock Iraqi for the U.S. Army. My job involves training troops for various scenarios prior to their deployment overseas to the Middle East. I wear Iraqi clothing and head garb and I and a number of over people, interact with the troops. Today we were station at a mock village where a convoy would drive through several times and have different things happen to them. The first time is that we wave and act friendly, the second is we wave and a sniper shoots at them firing AK 47s shooting blanks, etc. Each is more ramped up than the one prior.

One scenario involved them finding a "Mysterious bag" by the road. We were at a slight loss as far as what to use. We thought for a few minutes discussing various possibilities and nothing really came to mind. Then my team leader and I looked at each other and then at my backpack. We came to the same idea instantly. Perfect!! My backpack is rather Large and Black and possess various pockets, pouches and items hanging out of them.
It also has a large logo printed on it. You guessed it..."Speedo". So quickly grabbing some electrical wire. We shoved some into various pockets and ran them to the rather large interior. TAAA DAAA!! Instant home made IED (Improvised Explosive Device)! We then proceeded to place it by the side of the road and waited. As expected the convoy came to a halt as they investigated it. Then over a radio that one of the observers was carrying I heard the words that I was aching to hear. "SIR! THERE'S A GIANT SPEEDO IN THE ROAD! What do we do?" Reported the first vehicle to the rest of the convoy. "Disarm it." came the reply from the command vehicle. The they proceeded to act like they disarmed my big speedo and it was placed on the side of the road.

I hadda share that with you people. (chuckle) Hope you enjoyed it.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   
lol that is one awesome job you have there.
Awesome story aswell.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
"Giant speedo" is a very bad mental image though.
Especially if one stops to think about what would be inside a giant speedo.

Great job helping the troops though. Sounds like you are increasing their odds of survival over there, and that's a good thing. Keep up the good work!

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
You are so creative, whatever will I do with you... go to DATS and I will buy you whatever you want to drink, alcohol or coffee or pop.. you choice... oh and you can bring the troops.

top topics

join