It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mid-day maintenance?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Just wondering how the applause is being handled? Is there a freeze on them? or are they being given without u2u?

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I would sayyyyyyy, the U2U database suffered from an SQL injection causing tables to be dropped. Oh crapppppp. Now what are we going to do. I will do nothing, since U2U, I seldom use, and who would U2U me anyway, no one. Since I am unpopular in this realm.

My thoughts go out to all, suffering, during your darkess hours of u2uless..

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peepers
I would sayyyyyyy, the U2U database suffered from an SQL injection causing tables to be dropped.

No... nothing of the sort.

The U2U table is the second-largest table in our database and as such makes it difficult to work with. During yesterday's intermittent problems, several unfinished write queries resulting in some serious corruption of the core data, and restoring one table from the back-ups into a live and very-active environment is problematic and difficult. Additionally, we're trying to correct some code issues that may have contributed to the data corruption in the first place.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Hey Bill,

Were more than 24 hours on. What's the status now? Hate to be pushy but I'm sure everyones a little curious (or in some cases anxious) LOL!

Best,
IRM

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
Just wondering how the applause is being handled? Is there a freeze on them? or are they being given without u2u?

If I may answer this question:

Keeping in mind that applauses are a form of recognition for brilliant posts, excellent arguments and outstanding points:

Even though generally speaking applauses are a tad pointless at the moment - seeing that no-one knows when they get them - we still hand them out, you just don't know it. You may notice the increase in points and your applause tally on your profile though. But who's keeping count?
So don’t let the lack of U2Us be an excuse to go slacking on the job.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
For all those that didn't pass out because the U2Us weren't working, they are now LOL... Went to myATS and i saw U2U was shining nice and bright!

So now all those lost souls have a place to go

EDIT to add: And as Gemwolf said, it really didn't make any difference to your applauses. Points were still added AND you should now see your U2U(s) notifying you of such!

[edit on 25/6/2008 by shearder]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join