It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mid-day maintenance?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
For the past hour or so I have been having a tough time loading ATS.

Is is just me? Curious cause never seen this before on here.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Rhain

yes its just you, no conspiracy

with all the new members daily and overloads of double and triple posting on the same subject, its probably overloaded and congested

take a deep breath, the world isnt ending.....yet

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
not just you.

seems to be working again, all is good in the world

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
wasn't just you. it was happening to me and at least one other member for the past hour or two.

Tela

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
An unusual software bug hit our MySQL server. Luckily it's a known issue well-documented and the work-around has been applied.

However, it resulted in a lingering issue with the U2U data that will take some more time to fix, so the U2U private messaging system is offline for the time being.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
thanks for fixing it so fast AND for saying something to begin with! Boards that go down without explanation when they come back up S*ck.

Tela

Thanks guys

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Thank you for the explanation, SkepticOverlord.

I was going through withdrawals with nothing to do but play spider solitaire.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
An unusual software bug hit our MySQL server. Luckily it's a known issue well-documented and the work-around has been applied.

However, it resulted in a lingering issue with the U2U data that will take some more time to fix, so the U2U private messaging system is offline for the time being.

there is your problem: you are using SQL. Not enough stability in that platform....although it has worked really well for you in the past.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Comcast email system has been out for awhile too.

Maybe the bug got them, too!

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
interested, you know my email address, correct?

since u2u is down, i can't ask this privately (i didn't add you to my addy book, yet).

where did you get that avatar?

sorry for the off topic, guys...it is a rare thing for me, be assured.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
It looked to me like a DoS attack from 2pm to 3:38pm central time. I just clicked off to give the servers a rest from seeing my IP.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peepers
It looked to me like a DoS attack from 2pm to 3:38pm central time. I just clicked off to give the servers a rest from seeing my IP.

What makes you think that?

How can you tell?

BFFT, I emailed you.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Well from my end CNN was down earlier today, along with ATS and Myspace was down this evening, but nothing is being reported in the news, guess it was all coincidence.

Needless to say I have Really been shooting my computer the angry eyes today!

Any word on how long the u2u's will be broken?

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

Tracert was fine, so dns was functional, ping was slow and seeing the website was very slow and sometimes that error pointing to server maintanence showed but other times just a white blank page. no one does server maintenance at peak time.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peepers
It looked to me like a DoS attack from 2pm to 3:38pm central time.

Now that is just spiffy... Open Minds Forum provider had a fire and lost all there servers deleting OM and all other forums using that platform

Globat (my server for Pegasus and Undo's Sumerian pages) was hit by a hacker compromising all forums and causing Globat to send a message to all clients to change passwords immediately as they believed the regular accounts were also compromised...

Hmmmm Curious said Alice...

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I'm sure every big site draws fire, time to time. That's modern life. We just notice when there's a cluster in the realm of CT sites. I'm surprised there isn't more.

Or maybe it's because of the thread I posted. (See cancer link in signature area.) You know what they say about making the phone company mad.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
You know what they say about making the phone company mad.

Don't do THAT... they are ALMOST as bad as the Library... those guys hunt you FOREVER for a 2.00 fee

I mean AT&T may hook you up to a direct line to the NSA

I'm sure it was coincidence... but happening on the same day was a little unnerving considering we were attempting to get a new thing going and had weeks of work wiped out...

And you KNOW how suspicious CTers can be

[edit on 23-6-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
OH MY GOD!!!

Now what am i to do?? All those hot womenwho are after my sexy body have no way of letting me know. OH NOOOOOOOOoooooooooo................

I am doomed to spend the rest of my life honest and monogamous...

Well we know SO is busy on fixing this - no biggie

Thanks SO for doing such a sterling job for US!!!

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
so what's the status? I get very important U2U's during the day.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I run a secret script on my site and the turkish defacer team came over for a visit and did some alterations to the script output page.

I fixed it and see they paid another visit but let me alone that time. Wonder what I did to them for the visit.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join