It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USAF + US Navy Classified Procurement + R&D amounts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
CSBA online

here is a set of figures dug from the US gov. under a FOIA request. Its for the research and development and also classified procurement funding levels.

These figures are going to stun you.

First lets look at the US Navy.

Classified R&D takes up 14 % of the budget.

Classified procurement takes up 0 % of their budget.

Now lets look at the USAF. This is mind boggling.

Classified R&D takes up 42 % of their budget.

Classified procurement takes up 41 % of their budget !

Out of their entire procurement budget, 41 % of that is on classified projects. 41 %, thats a mind numbing 14 BILLION DOLLARS.

14 BILLION dollars on classified tech that we have not idea about ??

I am stunned !

Don't take my word for it, the Pdf file has it all in black and white for you to look through at your leisure.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
nice post Dan

It also inludes from 1987 to 2009.

FY 2009 figures are requested funding levels and do not include war-related funding. FY 2008 figures exclude GWOT acquistion funding still (at press time) pending before Congress.
Source: Center for Strategic and Budgetary Assessments based on DoD data, May 2008.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
uuuhhhhh huh.

Thats what i thought when i saw the document...

its running year in year out since 2003 at 40 to 42 % of all procurement budget for the airforce going on classified systems !

Roughly 18 billion dollars a year for 5 years..... wtf are they buying ? gold and diamonds for their pension funds ?

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Here's the really funny bit: I would not at all be surprised if it's 14Billion dollars a year for about 500m worth of actual tech. The conspiracy theorists in us wants to believe it's for antigrav saucers and massive orbital stations and underground bases the size of manhattan... but if we get over ourselves for a minute what this really looks like from an objective pov is a fraud.

To me it's just like all those phantom employees some companies have so the managerial class can suck more money out of them. It just feels like fraud.

Wake up America.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Its all being spent for underground bunkers and technology to keep them safe during the next 8 years

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by rjmelter
Its all being spent for underground bunkers and technology to keep them safe during the next 8 years

Oh cheer me up why not ?

But.... I bet as its the USAF its for their moon base so they get ring side seats for the doom.

But... 18 BILLION a year - year in year out.... thats mental amounts of money it really is. And thats just their classified tech.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
That's 120 Raptors a year.... Man, I hope this is BS.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Dan Tanna

lol ok

Its all being spent in 3 million dollar increments. Each man is spending 3 million dollars on "Super Soaker" Hydrogen Tanks. I wouldn't doubt it.

Seriously tho The Government pays private contractros and they screw the government saying hey i patented this its yours for this much or that much. For the amount of things the Government spends clandestinely I think it will end up ok.. I bet 1 billion of it though was used illegitmately but will be for the good of mankind... maybe. Depends who wields the technology next... they keep firing Air Force Officials so maybe theres your anwser.

Im not really that negative... But Too much time on ATS will turn you into a paranoid nut case. I need some sleep

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Oh for sure contractors get their fare share and more from this massive amount, but 42 % of a procurement budget on classified progs. is one hell of alot.

the thing is, that is procurement. They brought classified things with it - they are not paying some one to develop some thing, they are paying for some thing they have as a system or new 'shiny'.

18 BILLION a years worth of new classified shinies.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Dan Tanna

I want my money back then.

new topics

top topics

join