It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain's Answer for Poverty? eBay!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   

McCain's Answer for Poverty? eBay!

www.perrspectives.com

n Martin County, Kentucky this week, John McCain added another one his "Forgotten Places" to the growing list of places his campaign would now like to forget. With a straight face, McCain told the residents of the economically devastated region that eBay represents their economic future. And he did so by appropriating the words of Meg Whitman, who just happens to be not only McCain's national campaign co-chair, but the former CEO of eBay.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
McCain sure has all the answers!!!!

What a GEM!

Not only can E Bay help bring this community out of poverty, but they'll also be helping his campaign co-chairperson Meg Whitman, who is the former CEO of E Bay, I'm sure she still owns a good chunk of stock in E Bay.

It's a win, win, situation!

I'm sure all the people in that region are relieved now that McCain has found a way for ALL OF THEM to get out of poverty and make a decent living!

I'll bet he thought that one up all on his own, (I'll bet anyone, any takers?).

This is the man running for president!

That was his advice on how those people can get out of poverty! E Bay!

Things are pretty bad down here too! Maybe I should call for a county meeting and tell them I found the answer to pick our economy up! We should just start E Baying.

This is the man, that, if elected, will be in charge of getting our economy back on its feet and healthy again!

www.perrspectives.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 6/22/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I think they put vietnamese brain worms in his ears during his stay there.
And waited till they had babies.

I never thought I'd hear dribble worse than w's...he's doing it!

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
And therein lies the problem. McCain doesn't understand poverty because he's never been near poverty. He's always been just a few class levels above the poor so he never really understood.

eBay,

That's like saying that we can solve the worlds hunger problems by handing out snickers bars.

We need to resolve the poverty problem by drastically changing the way we look at it.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I'm going to open an eBay account today! I never realized that my future livelihood was so closely linked to them! All those wasted years that I could've been eBaying myself into prosperity..

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I don't understand. How will ebay help Madison County's economy? Selling useless crap and buying useless crap isn't going to help anything.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
What a buffoon.

This does indeed show just how far removed these idiot politicians are from average middle class Americans.

eBay.....lol.......Mccain should feel lucky that he wasn't mobbed and severly beaten by a group of pissed off unemployed factory workers after saying such nonsense. What a slap in the face.

And I will go on record as saying that I never was one to believe in Reptilians before...until John Mccain's wife hit the media trail. Makes you wonder.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Outlandish isn't it!?
To think we'd all be able to support ourselves on ebay.
'Out of touch' would be a kinder and gentler way of saying 'what a stark raving lunatic!'.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
$10 bucks says John Mccain wouldn't know how to post an ad on eBay if his life depended on it.

Sounds like he is parroting what the other stupids in his campaign are telling him to say. Every time he opens his mouth he comes that much closer to hanging himself.

[edit on 6/22/08 by BlackOps719]

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Come on Blackops.. As rich as he is, he's got to be a platinum power seller by now!

[edit on 6/22/08 by LLoyd45]

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
He hires the twelve year old neighbor kid to take care of the 'particulars'.
His idea of a search engine is taking his two hands to find his arse.

I knew it, I said it. Weeks ago. The guy will hang himself every time he opens his pie hole.

I must be psychic.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I can just hear and see members of his campaign that were standing behind him now!

It would be like after somebody gives an answer on "Family Feud".

They all start patting him on the back and keep repeating to each other,

"Good answer! Good answer!"

Trying to convince themselves and everybody else it WAS a good answer, and NOT a STUPID answer!

[edit on 6/22/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Uhmmm, poor people don't own computers. Well unless they are donated.

hey McCain approve your own message again.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
'I hate war'. 'My grandaddy died a day after he got home from WW1.' Anyone who says war is cool is a fool.
Bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Optix
Uhmmm, poor people don't own computers. Well unless they are donated.

That's problem 1.

Problem 2. They often don't have anything of value to sell.

Problem 3. What happens when they sell everything?

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Well at least he has a plan for them, even if it is stupid.

Obama would have just told the people they "need change" and done a little hip-hop dance move.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
McCain was taking some heat for being computer illiterate when the youtube adds came out showing him repeatedly contradicting himself. I wouldn't be surprised if this was his truly out of touch attempt at making himself sound like his is 'hip' to 'cyberspace'.

But then again I have the lowest of opinions of the man.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
In other news: John McCain advises the nation's homeless that the way forward is for them all to become residential housing contractors. He further advised victims of the recent floods that in lieu of economic aid, they should go forth and prosper by selling each other wheelbarows, buckets and shovels on ebay.

Phew! I was getting nervous there for a bit about what the hell was going to save the wheels from falling off our economy, but I had no idea that our nations best and brightest leaders have had the solution figured out all along. Ebay. Who woulda thunk it?

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   
While it could be possible, he's too blind to see that the way to be able to make a living off of eBay is the have money (and a computer with internet) to begin with so you can get started.

People in poverty don't exactly have those things and can't just go out and get a big loan.

I'm glad to see though that John has something to fall back on if he doesn't win President... eBay spokesman.

"eBay, it's so great it will launch you into a millionaire!!"

Pretty soon he'll be on late night TV commercials selling "How-To's" about making money on eBay. Just think of the possibilities...

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   
and here I thought that all this "make your fortune now, no risk, no investment, ebay today" hype was just a gimmick...

now that's been endorsed by what may be our future president....hey, why not?? anyone want to buy a 5 bedroom, three bath condo on the beach in miami?? I'll just worry about buying it after you send me the money if you don't mind!!

of course people, we probably aren't hearing all of what he said, maybe if we did, it would make more sense. but, as it stands now, he sounds like he's trying to set a bunch of people to be fodder for a bunch of internet scams.
and, I am at a loss as to just how this would help our economy in any way. us, selling a bunch of crap amoung ourselves isn't producing anything of any value...we'd be just taking advantage of those that were stupid enough to let their crap go at a low price, then hiking the price and hoping someone is stupid enough to buy it from us...then, they'd hike it up in hopes of selling it back to us, then.........

oh, well, maybe one of these years my dreams will come true and Mickey Mouse will actually win the election.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join