It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kristol: Bush Might Bomb Iran If He 'Thinks Senator Obama's Going To Win'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
He seems pretty keen on getting stuck into Iran, although that's not a huge surprise to those of us who read the PNAC docs, especially rebuilding americas defences, which pretty much says the goal is to secure the resources (ie oil) in the middle east, along with getting bases in the region to gain control, and to police the world, with pre-emptive attacks. Coincidentally I watched a few videos of him recently, including this one on the Colbert report, where Colbert asks him about PNAC, and Iran.

www.comedycentral.com...

[edit on 10-7-2008 by bobafett]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by bobafett

Yeah, yeah, yeah...Control the oil, pre-emptive strikes. Like you even have a clue what's going on!

Hey, shouldn't you be doing something more constructive on your time off?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seriously, how many times are we going to have to hear someone say, "Bush is going to do *something* before the elections!!!" It was martial law, or bomb someone, or there was some horrible plot he was just waiting to hatch.

[edit on 10-7-2008 by jerico65]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by bobafett

I clicked your link to check the video, and it was gone. I know this is a one line post, so I'm going to ramble for a minute.
Is this a two line post now?

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
To me it seems far more likely that Israel will fire the first shots in a war with Iran. Granted they will be doing this at the urging of the current administration, and Bushie will be all too willing to jump on Iran with both feet after they retaliate against Israel. But it will look a lot better to be aiding an ally, rather than bombing Iran just cause Obama won't.

It really is starting to look like this will happen this October, based on comments about troop movement and Israel's general attitude towards Iran getting the bomb.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by pjsconcrete

I cannot seem to find where I read this: If a war act begins before the inauguration of the new president, the inauguration is delayed until the conflict is resolved. Doesn't that mean, if GWB starts a war before the next president gets sworn in then there is nothing the people can do to get him out of office until the war ends?

I heard a couple of old timers talking about GWB doing just that sort of thing because of the oil profits for daddy. Do you really think he might milk it out like that? Doesn't the Patriot Act give him the authority to declare a war without passing it through congress first? Wouldn't that include squelching a make believe uprising in Iran? Do you think the Patriot Act was actually a plan to continue his reign after his term expired?

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
The neocons are the lowest form of human on the planet
they steal your future past and present from you
and leave you feeling cold hungry and alone

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join