It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strike on Iran could turn Mideast into fireball, official says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Strike on Iran could turn Mideast into fireball, official says

www.cnn.com

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) -- The U.N. nuclear watchdog chief warned in comments aired Saturday that any military strike on Iran could turn the Mideast to a "ball of fire" and lead Iran to a more aggressive stance on its controversial nuclear program.

Mohamed ElBaradei made the remarks in an interview aired on Saturday by Al Arabiya TV. The interview comes a day after reports emerged that Israel conducted an large-scale military exercise that the United States believes is in part a message to Iran that Israel has the capability to attack its nuclear program.

"In my opinion, a military strike will be the worst. ... It will turn the Middle East to a ball of fire," ElBaradei said on Al-Arabiya television. It also could prompt Iran to press even harder to seek a nuclear program and force him to resign, he said.

Iran also criticized the Israeli exercises Saturday. The official IRNA news agency quoted a government spokesman as saying the exercises demonstrate that Israel "jeopardizes global peace and security."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Iran has never threatened the US, nor do they currently pose any threat to the US. Attacking them is completely unnecessary and would do nothing to make the US safer. On the contrary, a preemptive strike on Iran would only serve to further destabilize the region and create even more enemies for the United States.

From the look of things, WWIII isn't too far off.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 22-6-2008 by 123space]

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
People have been told that Iran was a threat starting shortly after the start of the war in Iraq. It's a load of crap.

Anyone who looks back on the build up to the war with Iraq; will see the same beating drum show gathering steam for Iran. Is this going to lead to a war and/or attempted occupation? I believe that it is too early to say, but you can be damn sure that if war is the intention, that the media will react in the same way.

'Liberal media', my ass. Watch War Made Easy here on ATS. The least you can do is be aware of the wool being pulled over your eyes.

video.ATS

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Ongoing Discussion Here:

Thread

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
An attack on Iran doesn't bother me in the slightest. Personaly I think I would be pretty entertaining to watch.

I particularly don't like the middle east anyways. If it spread and started WW3 so what we all gotta go sometime.

Mankind as a whole is to ignorant to avoid destroying itself all we can do is sit back and watch.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Let me explain something in plain english.

Having a nuclear weapons program does not make you a threat.

Lieing about your nuclear weapons program does.

new topics

top topics

join