It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

it's really sad...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Ya know,

one thing that really urks me is this notion im picking up from a few dozen members of our fine community is "If you're not with me, you're against me, and i hate you for it"

If i am for Barack Obama, and against John McCain - im suddenly a "bad person" and i immediately fit the mold for their mental image of a bleeding-hearted liberal, which makes me "stupid" and a "troll" this and that.

And the same goes for the other way around
people who side with john mccain, etc.

Nobody talks about the issues. Its as if Skunk Works has had a love affair with other boards in our community, and produced off spring forums that become other places to post non-substantiated claims, and political name-calling, etc etc etc.

I see more legitimate arguments in skunk works (not that skunk works is a bad place, but think in terms of what each board is designed for)
than i do in other political boards i could name a few of.

My overall point is
Im tired of it being "CONSERV VS LIBERAL"
When in reality, what a lot of people don't realize is, its *US* v.s. the rest of the world. We have to choose people to represent *US* that will do what is in our best interests.

If that person is democrat, great
if that person is republican, great

go with what your brain tells you, after you've supplied it with a lot of facts and information

stop listening to fox news, CNN, MSM in general. Just beause they have a fancy "war room" for news, doesnt make them a credible source of information to base your judgements on.

join