It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Is Sued Over Seizure of Liberty Dollars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Government Is Sued Over Seizure of Liberty Dollars

www.nysun.com

A dozen people around the country filed suit in U.S. District Court in Idaho this week demanding the return of all the copper, silver, gold, and platinum coins — more than seven tons of metal in all — that the FBI and Secret Service seized in November during raids of a mint in Idaho and a strip mall storefront in Indiana.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
This is a pretty controversial issue IMO.

Should the people, if they so choose, be able to create their own, alternate currency forms?

With the way the dollar is worth about the value of a piece of toilet paper anymore, I'm not sure that people should not be able to go to something different if they choose to.

Obviously, big brother does not agree.

The creator of the coins, Bernard von NotHaus, who lives in Miami, claims that the federal government is trying to shut down production of his liberty dollars, as the coins are called, because of the competition they pose to the greenback. In recent years, his precious metal coins have outperformed the dollar, whose value has plunged in relation to gold.

The raids in November were the result of a two-year undercover investigation of Mr. Von NotHaus and how he sold liberty dollars. The Justice Department has not followed up with any criminal charges against Mr. Von NotHaus or the regional distributors of his coins.

www.nysun.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 21-6-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Why is it that I think they wouldn't have been busted if they called it almost ANYTHING other than: A friggn LIBERTY DOLLAR!

Come on....thats just tarded.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Damn, I couldnt figure out why my post on this thread had disappeared but I finally realized that you have a clone and he posted the same thread...

top topics

join