It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Ohio Teacher Burned Cross on Students' Arms

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
All I can say is, "Wow!" If someone tried this crap with my kid they would have some serious praying to do. Forcing religion on kids is beyond me. From all of my experiences with the avid religious personalities I have found that they truly believe that actions like this are justified because God tells them to spread the 'Word'. To me this is just hurting their cause.

Fox News Link

Amazingly enough it is being presented by Fox News, one of the most conservative news agencies in the world. Then again, they do actually present news at times.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I guess what I am after in posting that article is this: Do you, Christians (or believers in creationism), feel that this teacher was in the right? You obviously know my stance. We know the courts stance. Is there anyone out there that will give an honest, solid defense for his actions?

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
This has nothing to do with creationism or Christianity at all. So there's no response needed. The teacher says he was demonstrating a machine and it made an "X" on their arm... doesn't sound even like a injury? It's not clear. But No teachers shouldn't give students x marks on their arms just their test papers.

[edit on 6/20/2008 by Bigwhammy]

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Mount Vernon Middle School teacher John Freshwater was insubordinate in failing to remove a Bible and other religious materials from his classroom and continued to preach his Christian beliefs despite complaints by other teachers and administrators,

Other findings show that Freshwater taught the unreliability of carbon dating in support of opposition to evolution.

(Source: OP Link)

The creationist constituency may not be comprised entirely of people like Freshwater, but they are certainly a very large part of it. His case illustrates what the future will be like if people get their way.

Creationists are fundamentalists. We should never forget that, and what it implies.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by dariousg

ABSOLUTELY NOT!

no matter who or what, even if this was a Christian branding a Christian cross. Bigwhammy seems to think it was an x

david

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
It was a cross. There are pictures of one child's arm. The children said it was a cross.

Wacky creationist

There's also the recent distressing story about the christian homeschoolers and their 'special' punishments for their children - spare the rod an' all that.

[edit on 21-6-2008 by melatonin]

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
hello

He's a pratt!

im not sure what else to say to stop this from being a one liner but these types should realise that this only serves to put up barriers

david

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
there is no way this would be allowed to happen in the u.k. he would be dismissed instantly. Teachers should not be allowed to force their phony beliefs onto kids.

I hope he gets whacked by someone(as in smacked, not killed)

top topics

join